Aromaleigh Cosmetics (non-sub)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got my aromaleigh order in! SO pretty. I'm in love. I will be going back for full sizes of many of the Brillant deduction collections, I'm sure of that.

Sneak peeks from the ASTERIAI (star nymph) collection! 

IMG_2937.JPG

God, so many of these shadows are so gorgeous. I want them all. I can't buy anything until January but man, I'm planning an order.

I got my samples on Friday and am just now getting to swatch them. I am so in love with Krampus. It looks so beautiful, no matter what lighting you're in. I have never been able to just put a shadow on my lid and feel like my eye shadow is done before. 

An excerpt from the Aomaleigh blog on the Asteriai collection:

This collection is set to launch on December 25th, and will be the first time I am making a collection available in the mini jar size. If this trial run of offering mini jars goes well, I will start expanding it to other collections. Sample baggies and regular full sizes will also be available.

MINI JARS GUYS! Mini jars

OH, HOT DAMN!  Minis are totally my style.  I hate baggies, and I can't bring myself to order full-sized jars.  I'll definitely have to grab these in order to encourage more minis!

I actually wonder if maybe that might be part of the problem with declining interest in Aromaleigh nowadays.  There are just *so many* new indies on the scene that offer minis that it's *really* unappealing to have to make the choice between baggies and full-sized.  I'll buy a full collection in minis (or clamshells!  I like clamshells, too!) without batting an eye, but full-sized?  Do not want.  I actually have a bunch of Aromaleigh sample baggies -- including a couple of shades I think I would probably love if I ever bothered to try them -- just sitting in a box because I refuse to use baggies.

OH, HOT DAMN!  Minis are totally my style.  I hate baggies, and I can't bring myself to order full-sized jars.  I'll definitely have to grab these in order to encourage more minis!

I actually wonder if maybe that might be part of the problem with declining interest in Aromaleigh nowadays.  There are just *so many* new indies on the scene that offer minis that it's *really* unappealing to have to make the choice between baggies and full-sized.  I'll buy a full collection in minis (or clamshells!  I like clamshells, too!) without batting an eye, but full-sized?  Do not want.  I actually have a bunch of Aromaleigh sample baggies -- including a couple of shades I think I would probably love if I ever bothered to try them -- just sitting in a box because I refuse to use baggies.
I spent a good while today transferring all my baggies into clamshell containers. The labels on the bags are still a little too long, but I managed to get almost all of my shade names completely visible. 

Yay minis! I got one of those bead containers to transfer baggies into but it's full and I don't have room for another, so I have a lot of unused baggies now. I would definitely pay a little extra for a mini jar so I would actually use the product.

Last edited by a moderator:
I spent a good while today transferring all my baggies into clamshell containers. The labels on the bags are still a little too long, but I managed to get almost all of my shade names completely visible.
Yeah, I know I *could* do this, but, realistically, I won't. I actually have clean clamshells and jars sitting in the box with my Aromaleigh baggies, and they continue to sit, week after week.

Edited because Aromaleigh *baggies*, not clamshells.  We would not be having this discussion if they already came in clamshells!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yeah, I know I *could* do this, but, realistically, I won't. I actually have clean clamshells and jars sitting in the box with my Aromaleigh clamshells, and they continue to sit, week after week.
When I first started ordering indies, I was buying sample baggies. One day I decided to de-bag them all into jars. It was so messy and hard (and I used a funnel!) that I thought NEVER AGAIN!!! :lol: So that's the story why I only buy mini jars or (if I must) full sizes now. Short to say, I feel your pain. -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

When I first started ordering indies, I was buying sample baggies. One day I decided to de-bag them all into jars. It was so messy and hard (and I used a funnel!) that I thought NEVER AGAIN!!! :lol: So that's the story why I only buy mini jars or (if I must) full sizes now. Short to say, I feel your pain. -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
LOL. The first several ones I ever de--bagged and put into pots, I just poured and made a huge mess. But I've found if I cut the ziploc part off first, I make less of a mess.

I do avoid baggies and don't buy them, but I also refuse to NOT use ones I get, especially when they're from a new company to me or a really great color, so I really need to get my hands on some empty pots or clamshells.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, if anyone is a fan of blue or purple (or blue AND purple) eyeshadows I seriously say run, don't walk, to grab Lua Saturni from the Sol Invictus collection. I completely used my sample and I am on to the jar - plus I'm thinking about getting more before they retire so I won't have to go without. Almost any time I do a blue or purple look I reach for this one. So pretty!

The rest of the collection is to die for, but Lua Saturni has far and away taken the spot as number one. I totes wore it today which is why I am thinking about it, LOL.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, if anyone is a fan of blue or purple (or blue AND purple) eyeshadows I seriously say run, don't walk, to grab Lua Saturni from the Sol Invictus collection. I completely used my sample and I am on to the jar - plus I'm thinking about getting more before they retire so I won't have to go without. Almost any time I do a blue or purple look I reach for this one. So pretty!

The rest of the collection is to die for, but Lua Saturni has far and away taken the spot as number one. I totes wore it today which is why I am thinking about it, LOL.
I really want that whole collection. But I am just not allowing myself to buy anything right now. I went a bit overboard both with christmas shopping and black friday/cyber monday ordering and I guess I need to get important things like the heat bill and essentials I keep forgetting to buy, like, you know, socks and underwear, before I'm allowed to buy any more makeup. DANGIT.

I really want that whole collection. But I am just not allowing myself to buy anything right now. I went a bit overboard both with christmas shopping and black friday/cyber monday ordering and I guess I need to get important things like the heat bill and essentials I keep forgetting to buy, like, you know, socks and underwear, before I'm allowed to buy any more makeup. DANGIT.
if you wear enough makeup, maybe no one will look anywhere else! lol jk (but I feel you)

LOL. The first several ones I ever de--bagged and put into pots, I just poured and made a huge mess. But I've found if I cut the ziploc part off first, I make less of a mess.

I do avoid baggies and don't buy them, but I also refuse to NOT use ones I get, especially when they're from a new company to me or a really great color, so I really need to get my hands on some empty pots or clamshells.
Also at the risk of sounding like a broken record, I think someone mentioned these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J7A4SAW/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1IDUWSGVW0BD

And this blogger mentioned these:

http://newlyvain.blogspot.com/2014/07/loose-shadow-storage.html#more

I still really hate loose shadow (which is the #1 reasons I'm sort of hesitating on indies right now). I'm going to see how well this pressing loose shadow thing goes first... I have a lot of loose, beautiful eyeshadow I haven't used yet :C

so there are some tricks to decanting sample baggies - I usually tap the bag so all the shadow is in one spot, then open the ziploc on one side and stick that in the container before pouring. Other people snip one of the corners and just pour through that.

Wow those colors are so beautiful!!! I'm going to need serious strength to get through my no-buy. 

ETA: re baggies- I recently put 50 baggie samples into jars and it really wasn't that bad.  I sat on the floor and did it over a big beach towel.  I basically took each baggie and peeled the label off and stuck on the bottom or side of the jar. For Aromaleigh labels, I cut them down so they could fit around the jar. Anyway, I got all the product to one side of the baggie, then opened and poured. No funnel, no snipping the end, etc. It was easier than I thought. If there was a lot stuck in corners, I had a kitchen knife and would use that to coax the shadow out of where it was accumulating. It was a pretty quick process. 

Wow those colors are so beautiful!!! I'm going to need serious strength to get through my no-buy. 
Not the no-buy thread, but I feel the same way. The best way to get over it is to go reorganize all your makeup and skincare and make a plan for how to use some of it up... then you're like "oh. I guess I'll wait..."

Back