August 1, 2015 - 30 Day No Buy Challenge

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@@jenny1973 LOL!

It happens. (Now I really want to know what you bought but I don't want to enable anyone by turning this into a haul thread.) My Wantable, Beautyfix, Allure Beauty Box, Boxycharm, and Glossybox are helping me through the month. God I'm so weak. Seriously what kind of a challenge is it to survive a month with only five sub boxes and no trips to Ulta or Sephora? Why do I still feel I need to buy more stuff? 

Anyway... Loft is aving a 40% off friends and family. Maybe buying more clothes will make me feel better. LOL

@MissKriss17,

where do I begin.  I was at the beach last week and it rained one day and I went and did a little online retail therapy.  Got the new Lancôme pallet, new Bobbi Brown nail polish (like I need that like I need a hole in my head), a new necklace, julep mystery box.  Can you see a pattern, I love nail polish!  Also found the Holiday stuff for Chanel, can't wait for that to come out, they are re-releasing Vamp colors!.  Then went and bought Leaves candles at BBW!  But I think I am back on the wagon for the rest of the month!! Unless the POPsugar LE box releases! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm still in but it's tough. I wanted to order something from Birchbox and Sephora because the extra points they were giving but I didn't. I like the idea of shopping for clothes @@MissKris17 ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> The Loft 40% off sounds attempting. I have subscription boxes coming (can't even think of all the names right now, bad I know) so I'm not totally deprived. :lol: Glad that the month is half way over though. 

How is everyone doing? This seems to have been the worst month to pick for no buy although I really needed to do it. :) Only a few days left. Anyone want to do next month? I'm contemplating. I would love to get this bronzer though. sigh and I keep looking at Birchbox's site for all the fun things.

olivia palermo bronzer.jpg

I've settled into a routine of adding to the wish list, so I am up for next month. The only exception is replacing something that runs out, like the primer that only has a day or two left in the bottle.

I'm going to make it!!! I'm on vacation until Sunday. I did have a massage and facial today. But I don't think those count since they are services not products. I'm also keeping a wish list, but nothing is needed immediately. I'm down for trying another month. I need to include a no buy for shoes and clothes too. LOL

@@Jayderose I think replacement of HG items that have run out are exempt.

Ok.... So I am going to try this again for September. I'm pretty well stocked and I need to have a tiny garage sale. I should be able to do this for next month and I am going to include clothes also. I have plenty of boxes coming for the next month and I think I Will include books also. I need a tee that says I heart lipstick and books.

I'm glad I'm not the only one buying too many books. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> I'm not sure about next month because it's my bday month and I'd like to buy something as a present for myself but do I really "need" anything, the answer is no. Other than I'm running out of shampoo and conditioner but replacing I think it's ok because I'm not adding. 

I just found this thread while expanding my foray into this site.  This reminds me of the year I gave up chocolate for Lent.  Then I gained 5 pounds eating dessert constantly to keep my mind off eating chocolate.

Oh, if it wasn't immediately clear, I am a chocoholic......

Miserable fail.......

I would love (and need) to do a no-buy but September absolutely will not work for me with the Barneys and SpaceNK events......

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad I'm not the only one who loves chocolate either. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> Without chocolate I'd be 10 lbs lighter for sure but life is too short not to enjoy it so I'm sticking with chocolate. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> My weaknesses are cosmetics, books and chocolate and sweets in general. Give me a cake any day but since having to go gluten free for medical reasons, cakes are not quite the same so chocolate to the rescue even more. :sdrop:

It's the last day of August, who made it??!!

I'm considering one order from Ulta and then getting right back on the no-buy train.
Yeah!! I did. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> It makes it is so much better to do this with others instead of alone. Thank you all who decided to join in! So happy I made it even though it was tough. I'm considering one small order from Sephora and then getting back on no buy too for next month. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

Last edited by a moderator:
Back