Baby oil vs. Eyes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by MACGoddess /img/forum/go_quote.gif In no way shape or form would I condone using any type of baby oil on the face at all... It can negatively affect your eyes over time, and also do you really want to put something that is petroleum based on your eyes or face for that matter? So baby oil is out and so is Vaseline, PLEASE!!
It is so much easier and cleaner to use an actual makeup remover instead of an oil not meant for the face, I don't understand why someone wouldn't just buy that product instead.

Use something that removes waterproof makeup instead of baby oil like MAC Gently Off eye and lip or Cleanse Off Oil (my personal fave).

Because baby oil and Vaseline are cheaper. lol!
I occasionally use Vaseline as a moisturizer when my skin gets so dry that no normal moisturizer could help. It has worked really well and actually helped clear my skin. I don't use it regularly, though...

Originally Posted by Ode to Joy /img/forum/go_quote.gif why should vaseline be safer then baby oil?vaseline contains petroleum, too!?

Vaseline is more solid and stays pretty much where you put it, so there's less chance of it running and dripping into your eyes like baby oil does.

Originally Posted by yourleoqueen /img/forum/go_quote.gif Vaseline is more solid and stays pretty much where you put it, so there's less chance of it running and dripping into your eyes like baby oil does. You know, I was kind of thinking the same thing! lol.
smile.gif
It makes sense, really...

I buy huge bottles of sweet almond oil at health food stores and use that for makeup remover, moisturizing my skin, conditioning my hair....works perfectly.

By the way, petroleum comes from the earth, and therefore IS a natural product as well. The thing is, not everything natural is good for your skin.

I've always used baby oil to remove eye makeup and have never noticed any ill effects. My mom suggested it and she's a nurse too.

It works well for me and is very gentle

Back