Barack Obama possibly advocate sex education for Kindergartners?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by nanzmck /img/forum/go_quote.gif If you read the whole thing, it is about teaching kids about staying away from strangers. It is something that I have talked to my kids about even before they were in Kindergarten.Of course, all people need is a snippet to be judge and jury. Just keep reading select quotes, and both candidates will look like the Devil himself.

dito.gif
I'm so tired of the spin.
whistling.gif
Read, listen and comprehend!

Originally Posted by nanzmck /img/forum/go_quote.gif I should have clarified. My kids had a packet on "Good Touch/Bad Touch" in the first grade. This is what he was talking about specifically.Am I outraged that they mentioned this? Not on your life. When you have kids, you realize the 10,000 ways that you have to protect them. Perverts are just one of many, and they can be anywhere. School, church, even in their own homes.

If you think this is wrong, then maybe you can suggest an alternative to being prepared. Denial won't help you or your kids.

applaus.gif

Way to go Nanzmck and Looklovely! I'm on this with the both of you.

Tony: This isn't mandatory. Parents can refuse ya know!

I don't know who is spreading rumors like this for McCain, but it is very irresponsible of his campaign and quite frankly very counterproductive. I say that because this is one of those things that is easily checked and once you see it is not correct at all then it really causes the other claims McCain might make about Obama (which may be true) to be treated with a certain degree of skepticism.

The Obama compaign has been guilty too but it seems like some of the statements from them about McCain are more like splitting hairs. Case in point is the characterization of the McCain medical plan to be the equivalent of investment banking (which is going the way of the dinosaur of this week).

Originally Posted by Darla_G /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't know who is spreading rumors like this for McCain, but it is very irresponsible of his campaign and quite frankly very counterproductive. I say that because this is one of those things that is easily checked and once you see it is not correct at all then it really causes the other claims McCain might make about Obama (which may be true) to be treated with a certain degree of skepticism.
The Obama compaign has been guilty too but it seems like some of the statements from them about McCain are more like splitting hairs. Case in point is the characterization of the McCain medical plan to be the equivalent of investment banking (which is going the way of the dinosaur of this week).

McCain had nothing to do with this.

McCain...had nothing to do with the ad that he endorsed? *confused*

First thing I thought when I read the facts about this ad was Why does Johhny think making kids aware of the dangers of child molesters is a bad thing? I mean unless you're a child molester you'd want kids to have that info wouldn't you?

Originally Posted by yourleoqueen /img/forum/go_quote.gif McCain...had nothing to do with the ad that he endorsed? *confused*
First thing I thought when I read the facts about this ad was Why does Johhny think making kids aware of the dangers of child molesters is a bad thing? I mean unless you're a child molester you'd want kids to have that info wouldn't you?

Did you watch the video? This is not an ad, and it was not supported by McCain.

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Did you watch the video? This is not an ad, and it was not supported by McCain. Sometimes vids show for me and sometimes they don't, I think it might have something to do with AdBlock. So no, I didn't see the vid, I still don't.

I guess only a parent would understand the need for sex ed in a world where even a toddler is bombarded with sex, subliminal or otherwise...

I applaud those of you who saw the message for what it was...

McCain did do an ad saying that Obama wanted to teach comprehensive sex education to Kindergartners. That is misleading and, imo, perverse. I think it's wonderful for children to be taught age appropriate information about sex, because let's face it, children are curious.. even at that age. Also, I think the good touch/bad touch information is essential. Anything that can protect children is a good thing, imo. Parents could sit in with their children, and also have the choice to opt out. I see nothing bad about this, and making it seem like Barack Obama advocates teaching young children explicit details about sex is horrible.

Back