Bare Minerals = ITCH!!!!!!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm surprised that BE doesn't change their ingredients given that so many people have probably requested refunds due to this...and now that there are so many MMU companies that offer bismuth-free MU.

It might just be the brush that the kit came with.... you might want to try a Synthetic bristle Brush....

I had the same problem when i first got my Bare Minerals... :ill: I tried it 2 times using the Flawless Brush and the Kabuki Brushes. i could not stop itching my face.... it almost felt like an alergic reaction i use to get when i was younger to cats....

So i tried the Synthetic Bare Escentuals Maximum Coverage Face Brush.... and no itching.... :rockwoot: i noticed i can not use there brushes when applying the foundation or mineral viel... but as long as i only use for smaller parts of my face (like when applying Warmth or Blush) it is ok....

Good luck

I didn't use the BE brushes. I used the brushes that I use daily. Although I can see how natural bristles would cause problems for some people.

Anyway, I returned everything today and got my money back. The salesperson was very apologetic and she put the return through as an allergic reaction. She seemed shocked that the BE caused problems for me. She said that they rarely have people return BE unless it's just because of a bad color match.

Wow...I didnt know BM caused so many people to itch. I ordered my kit earlier in the week. I hope it works!

I have the same issues and have been told it's the bisbuth and possibly their brushes. I'm currently going through the neverending trial and error sampling of other MMU, which is driving me crazy. Just yesterday I shot off an email to BE (because I really do like everything about it except the itchies and redness) advising them of the many people having adverse reactions to the bismuth and/or brushes and is there anything that could be done about it. Of course they didn't acknowledge the problem, instead they suggested using a layer of mineral veil before applying foundation. They also suggested using a heavier layer of moisturizer. Somehow, I have my doubts! :satisfied:

Back