Beauty Army - December 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, this is the first month in 4 or 5 months that I've found anything worth it...lots of repeat items, and LOTS of tiny foil packs.

I got a Christmas card from beauty army in the mail today. I have to say it was pretty cool of them to hand write it.

I got a card from Nancy-Lee. LOVE that they sent out personalized holiday cards.

I just got one of my November boxes and my little container of eyeshadow opened up and went everywhere :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I took a picture and plan on emailing them later but it was such a pretty color I just hope I can clean everything else that was in the box and use them

Got my box today. Got a cute white box.

The twin set is really cute...gloss is a bit sticky but not unwearable. The lip balm has a great texture...and it does smell like tea tree. Would have preferred the grapefruit, but this was the only one that popped up and I'll still use it. The Whip Hand shadow is really pretty, though a little darker than I was anticipating. Haven't tried the hair oil or mark gloss yet. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my box today. Got a cute white box.

The twin set is really cute...gloss is a bit sticky but not unwearable. The lip balm has a great texture...and it does smell like tea tree. Would have preferred the grapefruit, but this was the only one that popped up and I'll still use it. The Whip Hand shadow is really pretty, though a little darker than I was anticipating. Haven't tried the hair oil or mark gloss yet. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
That's an awesome box! I love the texture of the lip balm too I ended up getting all 3 in 3 months! lol

Originally Posted by yoru /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's an awesome box! I love the texture of the lip balm too I ended up getting all 3 in 3 months! lol
I love the lip balm so much, I have Tea Tree and Grapefruit.

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by yoru /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love the lip balm so much, I have Tea Tree and Grapefruit.

Yep, it kept my lips soft all day, I really hope I get a chance to get ahold of the other two!

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yep, it kept my lips soft all day, I really hope I get a chance to get ahold of the other two!
I have the coconut one and it's always in my pocket, I love it!

My box just started it's journey by sea (haha) to get to me. I was hoping for it by Christmas but it'll probably get here after New Years. I'll live vicariously through the rest of you until it gets here! 

Originally Posted by cari12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My box just started it's journey by sea (haha) to get to me. I was hoping for it by Christmas but it'll probably get here after New Years. I'll live vicariously through the rest of you until it gets here! 
Since moving to Germany I always get those emails when mine are in New Jersey getting ready to be shipped over. Mine take anywhere from 1 to 2 months to get here now.

Yay! My first Beauty Army Box! This totally makes up for the crappy Birchbox this month!

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yay! My first Beauty Army Box! This totally makes up for the crappy Birchbox this month!

How's the lip gloss? Is it super thick/sticky? I ordered two BA (on the same day), one with the honey lip gloss and the other with the red. I was planning on gifting the red one to my friend and wanted to try the honey before gifting it (the red one's consistency looks really old cause it had bubbles in it!). But.........................BA never sent me the other box. So I had to email them and they're shipping it out this weekend. The other box with the red lip gloss arrived on Dec 10th! *sigh*

Originally Posted by CinD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How's the lip gloss? Is it super thick/sticky? I ordered two BA (on the same day), one with the honey lip gloss and the other with the red. I was planning on gifting the red one to my friend and wanted to try the honey before gifting it (the red one's consistency looks really old cause it had bubbles in it!). But.........................BA never sent me the other box. So I had to email them and they're shipping it out this weekend. The other box with the red lip gloss arrived on Dec 10th! *sigh*
I love this gloss, I've used it for several years.  It's not sticky at all!  Also, if you get 2 glosses, you can hook them together with that black plastic thing that came with it and have a customizable two-ended lipgloss. My favorite thing about these glosses is that they're mint-scented!  The Blow Kisses gloss is a pretty, shimmery crimson, but there aren't any bubbles in mine. Maybe email BA to see if that's normal?

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love this gloss, I've used it for several years.  It's not sticky at all!  Also, if you get 2 glosses, you can hook them together with that black plastic thing that came with it and have a customizable two-ended lipgloss. My favorite thing about these glosses is that they're mint-scented!  The Blow Kisses gloss is a pretty, shimmery crimson, but there aren't any bubbles in mine. Maybe email BA to see if that's normal?
I loved the lipgloss too just because they aren't sticky! I always get excited when lipgloss isn't sticky lol I'm going to have to buy more now.

I got my Beauty Army box yesterday, here's what I got: 

B & BW - Twilight Woods

Mark. - Glow Baby Glow in Blow Kisses

Skinn Cosmetics - Twin Set in Pink Tulip 

Jonathan - Dirt Texturizing Paste

Whip Hand Cosmetics - Loose Pigment Eyeshadow in Green Beret

Macadamia - Deep Repair Masque

For swatches & the full review, you can check out my blog. 

I love both of the lip products and the texturizing paste...but I'm kinda sick of BA having the B & BW products there all the time :S

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

...but I'm kinda sick of BA having the B & BW products there all the time :S
Understandable. This was my fourth month with a B&BW pick but at the very least it's been a different fragrance.

Are there any unusual or high end items on Beauty Army right now? My selection window is badly timed this month. So far I'm only seen repeats from last month. Trying to decide if it's worth trying a few more times or if I should just skip this month.

Back