Beauty Army- January 2013!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My selection window was on the 5th, it shipped on the 10th and I got it on the 24th, they take a bit...
oh jeez, that's insane! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :( 20 days??

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My selection window was on the 5th, it shipped on the 10th and I got it on the 24th, they take a bit...
oh jeez, that's insane! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :( 20 days??

We have some running jokes on how they ship it.  Some of us say Pony Express, or covered wagon, or dogsled, I thought they gave my January box to someone on the Appalachian Trail to hike it down to me.  It's really bad, lol.

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine ships by boat, not powered steamed boat, just any boat
I find this absolutely hilarious since my bag gets shipped to Germany mine actually does have to travel by boat...1 to 2 months later I will usually get my box. I wish for once I would actually get my box the same month that I order them but unless they change how they do the shipping I wont 
frown.gif

Hi Everyone,

Our apologies on the cap issues with Special Forces. We did indeed move to a different cap for this batch of samples in the hopes of fixing an issue with the previous caps (which were sometimes coming loose during shipping, no matter how much they were tightened down.) Apparently it looks like we fixed the issue with the caps coming LOOSE, but now people are having problems putting them back on. Fix one issue, create another.  We're very sorry for the lost product and frustration. Please contact us directly if you lost significant product because of the cap issue and we'll do our best to make it right.

Sampling loose powders is very challenging, which is why you don't see it done very often in Beauty Boxes. Pressed products are much easier, but then you loose the advantages of the loose product (higher pigmentation, for example or the ability to add the pigments to a clear nail gloss.) From the time that we first started planning this series with Beauty Army late last Spring, we were committed to figuring out how to bring the Beauty Army subscribers a loose eyeshadow product, since we knew from research that color cosmetics (especially eyeshadows) were what people wanted. In that process, we learned why it's not done more often. ;-) 

We wanted to try to stay consistent with our brand and full size pigment vial packaging (which works very well, especially for Pros), so we went with the small glass vial. It worked okay, but was not ideal. We had label adhesion issues, some cap problems, etc. These are things that we just never encountered with our full-size packaging. So while we are very happy with the product and the reception, we're still working on finding the best solution to sampling a loose powder in a way that is user friendly and consistent with the rest of our packaging and brand. It drives us CRAZY to see issues with the caps or labels coming off or product being lost.

We really view feedback as a gift at Whip Hand. If we're not developing products that people love and are easy to use, then we have no business. So we really value all of the input around usability, packaging, etc. It all gets incorporated back into future development. We take it very seriously and appreciate it.

Again, thanks for your patience as we worked out the kinks here. You were all very understanding ... more understanding than we were. ;-)

Riese Lauriat
Founder & Chief Makeup Artist
Whip Hand Cosmetics

[email protected]

Thanks for letting us know Riese. When I opened mine it exploded all over the mirror I was using to take pictures and I knew that trying to put the cap back on was going to be a hassle so I just put it in a different container so while I lost product it wasn't as bad as it could have been. The jars and the concept of the tiny jars were cute especially since it was packed with so much products.

Just a suggestion - if it's possible could a shrink wrap fix the caps from coming loose during transit?

If Beauty Army continues this collection I hope "Purple Heart" and as someone else mentioned "Blue Beret" comes along - both dark colors to do smokey eyes.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by WhipHandBeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi Everyone,

Our apologies on the cap issues with Special Forces. We did indeed move to a different cap for this batch of samples in the hopes of fixing an issue with the previous caps (which were sometimes coming loose during shipping, no matter how much they were tightened down.) Apparently it looks like we fixed the issue with the caps coming LOOSE, but now people are having problems putting them back on. Fix one issue, create another.  We're very sorry for the lost product and frustration. Please contact us directly if you lost significant product because of the cap issue and we'll do our best to make it right.

Sampling loose powders is very challenging, which is why you don't see it done very often in Beauty Boxes. Pressed products are much easier, but then you loose the advantages of the loose product (higher pigmentation, for example or the ability to add the pigments to a clear nail gloss.) From the time that we first started planning this series with Beauty Army late last Spring, we were committed to figuring out how to bring the Beauty Army subscribers a loose eyeshadow product, since we knew from research that color cosmetics (especially eyeshadows) were what people wanted. In that process, we learned why it's not done more often. ;-) 

We wanted to try to stay consistent with our brand and full size pigment vial packaging (which works very well, especially for Pros), so we went with the small glass vial. It worked okay, but was not ideal. We had label adhesion issues, some cap problems, etc. These are things that we just never encountered with our full-size packaging. So while we are very happy with the product and the reception, we're still working on finding the best solution to sampling a loose powder in a way that is user friendly and consistent with the rest of our packaging and brand. It drives us CRAZY to see issues with the caps or labels coming off or product being lost.

We really view feedback as a gift at Whip Hand. If we're not developing products that people love and are easy to use, then we have no business. So we really value all of the input around usability, packaging, etc. It all gets incorporated back into future development. We take it very seriously and appreciate it.

Again, thanks for your patience as we worked out the kinks here. You were all very understanding ... more understanding than we were. ;-)

Riese Lauriat

Founder & Chief Makeup Artist

Whip Hand Cosmetics

[email protected]
thank you so much riese for your clarification. it is much appreciated!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for letting us know Riese. When I opened mine it exploded all over the mirror I was using to take pictures and I knew that trying to put the cap back on was going to be a hassle so I just put it in a different container so while I lost product it wasn't as bad as it could have been. The jars and the concept of the tiny jars were cute especially since it was packed with so much products.

Just a suggestion - if it's possible could a shrink wrap fix the caps from coming loose during transit?

If Beauty Army continues this collection I hope "Purple Heart" and as someone else mentioned "Blue Beret" comes along - both dark colors to do smokey eyes.
wink.gif
Thanks so much, Riese!  I second Zadidoll's idea to shrink-wrap the bottles in transit.  

And I have a few "military" color suggestions as well... Gunmetal Gray (dark pewter), Silver Star (silver), In the Navy (navy blue), Black Ops (sparkly black) and Drill Sergeant (light green)

In case you can't tell, I love this line of colors (although I was hoping for a few more colors instead of mainly neutrals), and would LOVE to see more!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

wink.gif
I'd love a purple!

Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow.  I can't get over how tiny the eyeshadow is!  At least the B&BW shower gel is big.
Ya, the eye shadow was super tiny, but it's cute! And for a sample, it seems like it will give you a few applications at the very least, so - tiny, but nice. I love how the shower gels are good size. I do like the Sweet Pea. So far I think it's my favorite shower gel scent I've tried from the Beauty Army.

Originally Posted by mdnite /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ya, the eye shadow was super tiny, but it's cute! And for a sample, it seems like it will give you a few applications at the very least, so - tiny, but nice. I love how the shower gels are good size. I do like the Sweet Pea. So far I think it's my favorite shower gel scent I've tried from the Beauty Army.
You'll get several applications from the sample :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

oh wow i didn't realize the mascara and gloss are attached...i don't know how i feel about that.
There is a connector piece that comes with it. So you can attach them both to the connecter if you want. They didn't come connected, but I decided to pop them together for the photo. But now I keep thinking of unattaching them because I have been keeping them attached in my makeup bag, but yet I keep thinking I'd like to put the lip gloss in my purse. They are small. That is what makes mark seem kinda price. If they were normal size it'd be great. But I have to say, I really do love their glosses. They are not sticky, and I find a lot of colors I like on me (I am picky with lip color on me). But warning - mark lipglosses have a spearmint scent. I like it, it gives a refreshing feel. But if someone doesn't like that smell, it would probably drive them crazy.

I love, love, LOVE this color lip gloss! I am happy I tried it.

Back