Beautyfix (by Dermstore) September 2015 spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my box yesterday and in person it was pretty underwhelming. I am excited to try the BB cream, but that's about it. I already have the Jane Iredale and the hand soap smells good, but it's soap. I'm never excited for perfume samples and SPF is that just SPF. The box is practical, but not exciting. I like this sub because I get my skin care fix, but next month will need to be better or I'll probably cancel.

I got my box yesterday and in person it was pretty underwhelming. I am excited to try the BB cream, but that's about it. I already have the Jane Iredale and the hand soap smells good, but it's soap. I'm never excited for perfume samples and SPF is that just SPF. The box is practical, but not exciting. I like this sub because I get my skin care fix, but next month will need to be better or I'll probably cancel.
I agree. . . this box has become really boring/repetitive and I don't really look forward to it anymore. I think we get at least one sample from the same brands each month (Medicell, Skinceuticals, Dr. Brandt, Nick Chavez Jane Iredale, etc.).   I don't really understand why they don't add more variety, considering the # of products available on Dermstore.   When they revamped, we got a OneLove organics dry shampoo so I really thought they'd been adding more natural products.   I don't want to be one of those negative people who complain about everything, but I think this will be my last month.  Plus I really need to start using this skincare up and every month I just add to the pile.   Of all the things from L'Occitane to get, bar

soap wouldn't have been my first choice.  

I got my box today and I have to say I'm also underwhelmed. I don't use BB creams and the rest of the box is just not that exciting. Maybe I'm just on product overload. I'm going to cancel this one, and if they put out a better box in the future I may pick it back up. I need to get reduce the number of subs I get anyway, and this makes it easy to cancel. 

Which shade is the BB cream?  Thanks!
Here is the link to the official BB cream page: link

I love all Dr. Brandt products and only heard good things about this BB cream. I haven't opened mine yet, am still waiting to finish my already open ones. But, I can't wait to try this one.

I am really annoyed that the ingredients are not listed on the BB cream or the box. I had to search for them.

Avobenzone 2%, Homosalate 7%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 3%, Oxybenzone 5.5%. Water (Aqua), Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Glycerin, Sucrose Stearate, Sucrose Distearate, Synthetic Wax, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Polyester-8, Phenoxyethanol, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Mica, Butylene Glycol, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Lysolecithin, Perilla Frutescens (Perilla) Seed Oil, Cellulose Gum, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydrolyzed Pearl, Siegesbeckia Orientalis Extract, Rabdosia Rubescens Extract,Silanetriol, Silica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499).

For anyone who is interested. No real red flags on CosDNA.

I am really annoyed that the ingredients are not listed on the BB cream or the box. I had to search for them.

Avobenzone 2%, Homosalate 7%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 3%, Oxybenzone 5.5%. Water (Aqua), Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Glycerin, Sucrose Stearate, Sucrose Distearate, Synthetic Wax, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Polyester-8, Phenoxyethanol, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Mica, Butylene Glycol, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Lysolecithin, Perilla Frutescens (Perilla) Seed Oil, Cellulose Gum, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydrolyzed Pearl, Siegesbeckia Orientalis Extract, Rabdosia Rubescens Extract,Silanetriol, Silica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499).

For anyone who is interested. No real red flags on CosDNA.
Thanks for checking.

BB cream ingredients are actually written on the box (on the right face) listing all of the active and inactive ingredients under Drug Facts.

I tried the BB cream today and I really don't like it. I have very fair skin and the color seemed dark on my skin. I only used a small amount and even tried blending it in with my beauty blender. I also didn't care for the texture of it.

I tried the BB cream today and I really don't like it. I have very fair skin and the color seemed dark on my skin. I only used a small amount and even tried blending it in with my beauty blender. I also didn't care for the texture of it.
I had the same issue with this BB cream.  I had to blend and blend and blend, but even then it seemed a little too dark for me.  Plus it didn't cover anything and it really would just be good as a sunscreen, though it's a little bit sticky so maybe it could work as a primer.   

I was so irritated with all the little tubes that have one or two uses in them, plus only two things were full sized and one (the BB cream) isn't going to work for me.   I decided that I'm better off using the almost $300/year I spend on this sub buying something I really like.   I called and cancelled today; the girl was nice and the cancellation took only a few minutes.   For someone who loves to try a lot of skincare and doesn't have a big pile to use up (like I do), this would still be an OK sub.   I hope future boxes improve though!

I need to cancel this sub and stop resubscribing. $30 is a lot of money to pay for something when you don't like the majority of the products you receive. I think I may have too much stuff.

It is disappointing to not get spoilers and the box value is random. But, I think I like it because of all the brands I wouldn't pick up by myself (like Keranique or Nick Chavez) and I mainly like trying new skin care products.
I am expecting October box to be really good since they were doing consistently 1 good - 1 bad for the past months and last month was not so good. Fingers crossed ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back