Beautylish Lucky Bags

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you know if they all will be the same? Because last year I think they had some variation.
It looks like they are the same but maybe it's just a mistake.  On the Sephora blog they had a photo of the Bold bag and they were identical to those in the video.  I'm not sure if I can provide that link though.

I looked it up over at Sephora. According to the girl who got the Bold and the other who got the MUA, they're all the exact same bag... The only difference were the colors they got. If this is true, I wonder if Beautylish would consider returns. The value is there, but for $75, I would have expected a little more tailoring to each bag's description.

Darn.

I'll probably hang on to most of the items for gifts. I'll probably donate the "tree" to work so we have something else to dry our brushes on.

If I get a bag that is the exact same as a natural bag but two color differences I think I will contact beautylish since I cannot understand how they cannot add some variety in two different "lifestyle" bags. Image you can either choose natural or bold in a t shirt and its the exact same shirt one is white and the other is pink. how would a person look at that and say yes that make some sense, that fits my (insert bag name here) look - End rant lol

(Spoilers) I was expecting more, but I'm not too disappointed. I'm pretty easy to please at this point. I got both bags :-O. I wanted to get a cream contour palatte, so if I get that in the bold bag, the other items are bonus. I could use a brush tree and stuff. And the lit kit would be awesome. I do some eBay selling, and may do bst here so if I don't use/need I can sell at 75% value and be Ok. There is some variation in mascara I caught. Some bags may get some bonus items too. Based on the way the bags were put together, there not be too many bonus bags. Last year was better, but I would definitely consider doing it again next year if I can afford. I don't know what they were thinking about the MUA bag. That was unexpected. Seems like they may have some angry customers on their hands. Eek.

I saw the Sephora blog, but there is also a utube video and there were reviews on Beautylish. All bags were pretty much the same. That is to say the MUA/bold bags almost identical, and the natural bag is a little different.

I wonder what the "bonus" item(s) are that some people got. I do like all the brands that came in the bag, though. I think I'll eventually use most of it, but it might take some time. 

Spoiler:

http://www.beautybykrystal.com/2015/01/beautylish-lucky-bag-bold-2015.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+BeautyByKrystal+(Beauty+By+Krystal)&m=1

Spoiler: another variation. This one does NOT have the contour palatte. I wonder if the Sephora spoiler was a mistake? I would be much happier with the original bag shown. It has a higher value. This one is only $177. Am I doing spoiler right? I don't want to offend anyone.
You're doing fine! No worries!

I do want the one with the contour palette. And I noticed her's didn't have the tree. It makes me wonder if the one the Sephora girl got was the "extra" bag and the one this girl got was the "normal" bag considering there is a bigger difference in value.

Well if anyone has the CP I am open to trade. I have a shameful amount of stuff, much of it high end, also middle and low. I should be getting both bags. She also didn't get a tree! It's pretty sad if everyone who got the bonus bag is unhappy :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. I fell of the no-buy wagon and I mean to get right back on!

Actually I think the value of the CP/tree bags was only ~180. Last years some bags were $250+. Presumably they were the extra bags. In addition to that, some bags may have a full brush set. Both my bags are 2.9 lbs. I think it is a flat rate entry, not the actual weight. I will check when I get on Friday :'(. So far away.

Actually I think the value of the CP/tree bags was only ~180. Last years some bags were $250+. Presumably they were the extra bags. In addition to that, some bags may have a full brush set. Both my bags are 2.9 lbs. I think it is a flat rate entry, not the actual weight. I will check when I get on Friday :'(. So far away.
I have the same weight mine should be here tomorrow, will update with actual weight and products

Received my box - Pretty disappointed compared to last year.

My actual weight was 1lb 15 oz

I received 7 things

I don't know how to enter a spoiler but I receive a variation that unfortunately was not better but worse then what was seen.

hi! i'm new to makeup talk but stumbled here when i was looking for input on the beautylish lucky bags. mine are arriving friday, but i've seen a few reveals online. sounds like quite a few people are disappointed in what they got so i don't have very high expectations

I received:

Wanye Goss Brush 13 - Will Keep

Lit Sparkle kit - Will keep

Inglot mascera - Will try to get rid of

Indie Lee toner - Will try to get rid of

Cult Nails Polish - Will try to get rid of

Eliis Faas Lippy - Will try to get rid of

Kevin Aycoin Eyeshadow Duo - Will try to get rid of

I guess it wasn't bad, adding up totals - I got the $75 worth out of the bag now to eBay the rest or trade.

I received:

I guess it wasn't bad, adding up totals - I got the $75 worth out of the bag now to eBay the rest or trade.
I LOVE, LOVE Cult Nails. Unfortunately some sad news about CN though, Maria is closing the doors to her business which makes me very sad since her polishes are awesome. My personal favorite is Time Traveler.

The Inglot mascara is fantastic but Inglot tends to have some pretty amazing products. Indie Lee has some good products albeit VERY expensive so I only get to use samples I get in various beauty boxes from time to time. I tend to DIY my own versions as a result of the expense of Indie Lee. Never used Eliis Faas before so no opinion on that. The Kevin Aycoin shadow duo... considering Kevin was considered a legend among MUAs and could be considered the first celebrity MUA his product line is suppose to be very, VERY good but again haven't tried so no opinion.

If you're going to put stuff up for trade make sure you link your trade list in your signature since you can't trade outside the classified section. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Once you do we'll all see it.

I received:

oh i would be really happy to receive a wayne goss 13! it seems everyone got the indie lee toner regardless of which bag they chose. everyone also seems to get a lit kit, kevyn aucoin eyeshadow duo and a wayne goss brush (although i think you got one of the best ones!). i have some KA shadows and they are nice. not as great as tom ford or viseart but comparable to mac. i personally like more than two shadows in a palette but i do have one KA duo that i really like. i've only tried the ellis faas hot lips and haven't been impressed. for me, its patchy and drying. i have also heard that cult nails is closing its doors. i'm actually looking forward to trying the indie lee toner and not too excited about the lit kit since i'm afraid of glitter but maybe this will be an opportunity to develop a new appreciation.

Thanks for being positive and giving me a reality check; I think sometimes with bags I may expect too much however I am really glad I will get my $75 worth and I hope everyone who gets one enjoys their bag as well, overall the bag is awesome, even though it doesn't fit me. I will post a trade list sometime soon in case anyone is interested.

Back