Best Black Eyeliner?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was a HUGE fan of Urban Decay 24/7 until yesterday........I received the Laura Geller "Eye Rimz" that I ordered last week and let me tell you..... I'm in LOVE
inlove.gif
You can use it as a powder or wet the brush (that comes with it) and you have the "perfect" smudgeproof, eyeliner that makes your peepers pop! I'm going to order another one just in case my daughter snatches this one and it's gone forever. Eye Rimz, hands down......

I currently have Revlon ColorStay in black. It's great. It stays pretty well, it does wear off a bit but I do use eyedrops a few times a day so when you take that into account it is really good.

what i use is my smudge brush and dip it in a bit of water and dabble it in my lancome "kitten heel" (black metallic e/s) and works perfect. i like wearing heavy black liner
smile.gif

I've searched high and low for a deep dark blackest black. When it comes to pencil liners, Feline is even darker than Smolder in my book. I just can't get it to stay on me with smudging, and smudging badly. If it didn't smudge I would never buy another black liner.

I've compared MUFE and UD Zero to Feline and they aren't as dark. My skintone is chocolate *smile*, so when a black liner pops on me, take it seriously.

Until I can figure out how to get Feline to stay, I use Prestige Total Intensity. It is black and it stays, on the lid and waterline.

Pencils : MAC Feline & Smolder (And I'm not a MAC is the be all/end all girl either). I've tried UD Zero, and the MUFE liner- both brands I love. They are great but not as dark, I promise you. Neither is the Lancome liner. Prestige Total Intensity liner is a great alternative for an even better price.

When it somes to liquid liners, Lancome Laque is a dark, glossy black. Usually liquids have that shine until they dry, but the Lancome has a pretty dark shine to it. I layer it over my gel liner occasionally, and you know gel liners are super black.

The other super dark liquid liner I've tried came with Loreal Telescopic. It is a felt liner, and it is wicked black! I really miss it. MAC's Rapidblack liner and Chanel's liquid liner aren't as dark as the Lancome/Loreal ones.

I have tried alot of liners in pencils, liquids gel etc including mac & other high end brands and my personal fav 'go to' liner for daily wear is Illamasquas SOPHIA Black Pencil. Its gorgeous. Then 2nd I would go with MAC Black Fluidline.

My favorite black eyeliner is from Bobbi Brown called Graphite (black gel liner). It lasts a pretty long time.

Definitely MAC's fluid line in Black Track. With an angled brush you get perfect precision and the color stays put. I use it every day on my top lashes.

I am also still in search for liner that stays on my waterline... My eyes are pretty watery usually, so... For now, I'm trying Revlon Colorstay and I have to say, it's staying on my waterline better than other ones I've tried.... I've tried MAC fluid line.. but it tends to flake off my top lid, so I didn't try on my bottom waterline... I've also tried BB gel liner and few other pencils... I do set the liner with Sephora's black eyeshadow. But it still tends to go away for me, but Revlon is the one that lasted for me for now
smile.gif
I might just have to come to peace with having to touch up with the pencil... Revlon def. does not make me look like panda
smile.gif
I will use up this pencil first and then maybe try UD like others suggested here >.<

I really, really love Rimmels liquid liner but for a pencil I like Revlon. I have tried other drug store brands and they were either too soft or too hard and wouldn't even apply.

To make my liner last longer, I first apply my liquid liner then I use a slanted brush to apply black powder over the liner and it makes it last super long!

right now I'm trying to finish up my Urban Decay 24/7 zero (love it). then I'll venture out into something new.

I always, always fall back onto my Maybelline's Expert Eyes Twin Brow and Eye Pencils

41r6hEgcvIL._SS500_.jpg

i've tried loads.

the one i find perfect and especially for waterline is from Inglot.

they have good eye gel liners. and lots of colors.

I have been using Lakme waterproof eyeliner since years. It's great! At the end of the day even if all your makeup fades out... this stays put.

Originally Posted by oolbogurl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I am also still in search for liner that stays on my waterline... My eyes are pretty watery usually, so... For now, I'm trying Revlon Colorstay and I have to say, it's staying on my waterline better than other ones I've tried.... I've tried MAC fluid line.. but it tends to flake off my top lid, so I didn't try on my bottom waterline... I've also tried BB gel liner and few other pencils... I do set the liner with Sephora's black eyeshadow. But it still tends to go away for me, but Revlon is the one that lasted for me for now
smile.gif
I might just have to come to peace with having to touch up with the pencil... Revlon def. does not make me look like panda
smile.gif
I will use up this pencil first and then maybe try UD like others suggested here >.< You should try the kohl liners by Gosh. They are specfically made for your waterline and from personal experience, they stay on. The price is quite reasonable as well compared to MAC and Urban Decay.
For a really good liquid liner, I'd recommend Prestige. It's pretty much my staple item next to Fluidline.

Originally Posted by lolaB /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm a fan of BadGal Liner and Stila Kajal in Onyx. I set my liner with a black shadow and it stays put all day, even on my water line.
smile.gif
Lola do you set it with black shadow on your waterline too?? or just on the upper lash liner...?

Back