Best Foundation for African American Gals with Oily Skin

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread was super helpful in giving me ideas for foundation that could work for my skin type.  Thanx ladies 
smilehappyyes.gif

Loving the thread.  Reminded me of how much better Prescriptives custom blen (although price) worked for my skin.  After using Bobby Brown and doing everything to control the oil, I think I am going back to Prescriptives.  Thanks ladies!!!

Thank you ladies for the information, and to the young lady that will become one with another yes; congratulations to both of you. I found this blog because of my question being the same as most African American Women; which is "what foundation is good for our skin"? A good question. But I wanted to reply to the "finding a good skin care product" comment. The problem begins with the oil we secret, and how thick it is; this causes dead skin cells to not shed away, and this along with wax from many of the over the counter products like Oil of Olay; clog the pores which then prevents our skin care products from penetrating and thoroughly cleansing or protecting our skin. I am of mixed ethnicity African, Indian, Spaniard, European; ya know; and I seem to have everything going on with my skin and the Indian genetics are the most dominant which is the reason for my thick oil secretion. Being a Professional Cosmetologist myself in all phases of care for the, this issue with my skin caused me to search the" professional products" for a cure. I took my own professional journey and that bought me to a product that contained Glycolic Acid; this is an ingredient that must be used under the direction and care of a Professional Esthetician; one that knows about Alpha Hydroxy Acids; and how they work on the skin. So this has been my key to controlling the oil secretion or oil flow from my pores, it breaks down the oil and dissolves dead skin cells., which then leave you with clear and even toned skin, the perfect pallet for a good oil free or not, foundation or maybe even no foundation at all. Peace Ladies

Hai, everyone.. im new to this site.. my skin in dark n very oily.. can any one suggest to me which brand of foundation is good to hide my shiny face.. thanks in advanced

First I would recommend starting with a facial routine. Before you apply foundation to use a primer. Benefit's Stay Flawless may help, you can get a sample from Sephora if you have one locally. I would suggest trying a matte foundation such as Make Up For Ever's Mat Velvet + (again Sephora for samples if possible) and set with Tarte's clay powder which will help keep everything matte and not shiny. Touch up through out the day by using blotting sheets to absorb excess oil.

Hai, if u dont mind can u let me know the brand of yr foundation Thanks

Hai, everyone.. im new to this site.. my skin in dark n very oily.. can any one suggest to me which brand of foundation is good to hide my shiny face.. thanks in advanced
Thank you ladies for the information, and to the young lady that will become one with another yes; congratulations to both of you. I found this blog because of my question being the same as most African American Women; which is "what foundation is good for our skin"? A good question. But I wanted to reply to the "finding a good skin care product" comment. The problem begins with the oil we secret, and how thick it is; this causes dead skin cells to not shed away, and this along with wax from many of the over the counter products like Oil of Olay; clog the pores which then prevents our skin care products from penetrating and thoroughly cleansing or protecting our skin. I am of mixed ethnicity African, Indian, Spaniard, European; ya know; and I seem to have everything going on with my skin and the Indian genetics are the most dominant which is the reason for my thick oil secretion. Being a Professional Cosmetologist myself in all phases of care for the, this issue with my skin caused me to search the" professional products" for a cure. I took my own professional journey and that bought me to a product that contained Glycolic Acid; this is an ingredient that must be used under the direction and care of a Professional Esthetician; one that knows about Alpha Hydroxy Acids; and how they work on the skin. So this has been my key to controlling the oil secretion or oil flow from my pores, it breaks down the oil and dissolves dead skin cells., which then leave you with clear and even toned skin, the perfect pallet for a good oil free or not, foundation or maybe even no foundation at all. Peace Ladies

Back