Best Foundation For African American Women

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know Ulta carries that line. Just go into one and ask a SA to help you find your match, or test it yourself.

I need to move elsewhere in Houston... Our ULTA I've realized doesn't cater to dark skinned women. ALL their foundations stop at a light latin complexion... Like an NC40... OR Maybe I should just stop shopping at ULTA and stick to Sephora from now...

The new colorstay isn't bad in the combo/oily formula. I liked it when I was preggers but now capuccino doesn't match me... It's way too dark now... So I'll hafta either get another color to blend with or move on... Good thing I still have Pur Minerals Deep to wear...

I saw it at Walmart this past weekend. They got rid of the Black Opal and brought Iman... My question is, why can't they sell both? What? Black women don't need variety? GRRR!

Again, I do live in Houston...

I've gotten tired of hunting and roll with MAC Blot Pressed Powder in Deep Dark for now. Everything else I've worn just tends to look like too much/cakey on me. I use a simple cheapy sponge to pat the powder on my super oily forehead, nose, and semi-dry cheeks. Works like a champ to keep me from getting all oily. It claims to have no color, but it does a decent job at keeping my little freckles from showing up too bad. Looks natural, so it works for me.

I use MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation in NW45 when I want a more glammed up look.

I personally use Prescriptives and Bobbi Brown foundations as well as ADA Cosmetics mineral foundation. All three brands have great range.

I too am still in search of the perfect color match. I currently use Iman in Clay 2 creme to powder...it's wonderful but I want that soft, yet sculpted finished look. Should I get a powder even though the creme to powder dries to a "velvety finish" as advertised? i also have discolorations due to acne scarring so...i'm needing a good cover-up.

Back