Best non smudging/running eyeliner

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i use MAC fluidline then cover with a litlle powder of e/s of similar colour and it stay put all day

For my waterline I use Smashbox Jet Set waterproof. It is the best liner and has a great brush too.

i've been looking for the same, just heard about waterproof eyeliners at sephora!

havent tried them yet, but i'm planning on it!

I hope this is okay to raise this question here, but what is the staying difference between kohl pencils and regular eye-liners? In looking at some of the tutorials I see kohl being used as the liner, but for some reason I have it in my head that it has a tendency to smudge. Any thoughts?

Another one for the Fluidline bandwagon! Blacktrack is an absolute necessity!

STUDIO GEAR Invincible Earth. This is the best eyeliner ever. Doesnt smear what so ever once its dry. I swear by it.

I never have problems with my liners smudging, and I do have oily skin. Always have. But the way I apply it is > pencil liner first (doesn't matter what kind at all), then go over it with a powder eye shadow which is very close in color to the pencil, using a slanted synthetic brush. Doesn't matter if the eye shadow is loose minerals or a solid shadow. My liner can sit on my eyes for 14 to 16 hours and goes nowhere. I do the same over MAC Fluidline and Liquidlast, as well as over my NYX and Wet n Wild fat shadow pencils. Doesn't matter what kind of pencil, gel liner or anything else I use, as long as I use the powder shadow over top, it never moves. I also sometimes apply the pencil first and then use the slanted brush to apply the loose minerals or highly pigmented solid eye shadows WET, using eye drops, over the pencil. The eye drops work better overall than water, which is why I use them.

I have just as good results when I use only eye shadows wet, applied with a slanted brush and eye drops of any kind. The stuff stays on all day and never moves.

Wow, this thread was resurrected from the dead wasn't it?  That's awesome!!

I've always had problems, like satojoko, with oily skin. Unlike her, however, it did effect my eyeliner as well as my mascara. Most of the liners I found worked for a while, but then the smudging began. Very frustrating.

I am a big fan of "sharpen yourself" pencils since I like to get a point so sharp, you could skewer meat with it! NYC has a sharpen yourself waterproof pencil which stays put all day. And the price is more than affordable. $3.99 a pencil.  Love them, easy to find, and doesn't break the bank. What more could I ask for?

Prestige brand is good would say very good also with using primer will not move; hope it helps <3

great but I have sensitive eyes and I need a very creamy but non smudge pencil so not for me otherwise great

this is advertising I believe this site is about something else

Why do I see my post from four years ago on the front page of this thread!? 

Anyway, I was about to say the exact. Same. Words. That is so creepy. 

"Another one for MAC's fluidline!" 

I also recommend Bobbi Brown's gel liner, Sana Extra Heavy eyeliner (for a soft black for those who are so inclined), and Illamasqua precision ink eyeliner. For pencils, Urban Decay 24/7 or Tarina Tarantino's Hyperliner. 

Ok, so it seems like MAC fluidline is the way to go, but how easy is it to remove / wash off?

I agree, priming your eyes is key to long lasting eye liner. I start with a really moisturizing eye cream and then an eye primer (the combo keeps it from looking cakey). I'm really into this paint pot from MAC that really keeps the liner in place. Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Liner is great for all day use and is a more natural look than a liquid.

Back