Best Opaque Pink/Nude Nail Polish? PLEASE HELP THANKS!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Sekhmet /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Such a nice nude, I've to check that out to my next trip to Sephora :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Too bad they're so expensive, but what really annoy me is that they're so big (referring to the amount of product inside). I already got one OPI which was ruined after I could not even go past the half. If they were coming in smaller bottles and were priced accordingly, probably I would pile on them. I really love the choice of colors they have, and how smooth one can apply them.
You can buy polish thinner online and in most beauty supplies and drugstores. You just put a few drops in and shake it up and the polish is like new again. With all of the polish I have this is absolutely necessary. I get mine at Sally Beauty for less than $4.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You can buy polish thinner online and in most beauty supplies and drugstores. You just put a few drops in and shake it up and the polish is like new again. With all of the polish I have this is absolutely necessary. I get mine at Sally Beauty for less than $4.
That's a pretty sensible advice, I should have came out with that myself. Indeed, I do not own so many nail polishes, and it's a really rare event when I've to throw away a bottle. So far it happened only with a couple of very cheap small polishes, so I never thought I could actually need a thinner. That's for sure a reason I was so disappointed when my first OPI started to get bad not even after two years.

Another reason I was annoyed by that is, I guess, because all the hype lingering around this brand; I can hardly describe it, usually people here talk about them as the high couture in the nails world...

Fact is that OPI for us is still something quite new. The first Italian OPI store online opened on June 2010, and that's where I bought my first couple of OPI - 2 nail polishes for €30  = $38.12 dollars. And they're still charging that price, 15 euros for a single nail polish. The local Sephora store started only since this spring-summer to sell them.

Given the hype and the price probably I was expecting something of astounding by that polish bottle, I guess :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Here's a post I found a while back comparing OPI, S!OPI and N!OPI. Not my blog but I thought it was actualy super helpful: http://farawayuniverse.wordpress.com/2011/09/14/whats-the-difference-between-nicole-by-opi-versus-sephora-by-opi-and-opi-nail-polishes/I would almost rather Sephora carry just OPI.... S!OPI is almost never on sale and is about $1 more expensive per bottle at retail price. It's always frustrating to shop for online because there are almost never any swatches of the colours.
Oh. My. Goodness.

8 dollars for a OPI? Do they really cost that? If I was coming to US, I would end up buying my own weight in nai polishes :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Here the retail price is $17.66 at Sephora (€13.90, slighlty less than the online OPI store, as I wrote above). I'm just... speechless.

Really interesting indeed anyway to know this, and also to get to know they have also those sub-brands, I had no idea about all those differences between American OPI and what we get here in Europe.

Oh. My. Goodness. 8 dollars for a OPI? Do they really cost that? If I was coming to US, I would end up buying my own weight in nai polishes :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Here the retail price is $17.66 at Sephora (€13.90, slighlty less than the online OPI store, as I wrote above). I'm just... speechless. Really interesting indeed anyway to know this, and also to get to know they have also those sub-brands, I had no idea about all those differences between American OPI and what we get here in Europe.
That's one of the reasons I would be hesitant to move to Europe! Haha, we're so spoiled with cheap, high quality nail polishes over here. I have a collection of 10-15 OPIs, most of which I'd actually gotten for ~$5 less. nail polish problems everywhere, haha.

Try OPI by Sephora "The Way Tutu His Heart". It's opaque, mostly white, with just a hint of pink. 

Back