Best Sunscreen for Oily/Acne-Prone skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely Paula's Choice Ultra-Light Weightless Finish SPF 30 Sunscreen Spray. Because it's in liquid form there is less probability of causing breakouts. It's light and even works great under makeup.

I use "Superdefense Triple Action Moisturizer SPF 25" by Clinique for Combination/Oily skin type. Doesn't cause breakouts, doesn't sting, feels light. I like that it slightly moisturizes and firms too.

Originally Posted by Kuuipo /img/forum/go_quote.gif If you are using anything other than titanium and zinc, you need to apply the sunscreen every two hours-because sunscreens degrade with light and heat. They also bring reactive oxygen species type free radicals (ros) below the surface of your skin and do more harm than help. Higher SPF will not make a difference. Also, Meroxyl is a potential tetrogen (meaning it will be found in trace amounts in your ovum and has the potential for birth defects) and a potential carcinogen-which is why the FDA was reticent to approve it.
Where did you hear that Mexoryl is a potential tetrogen and carcinogen? From what I read, Mexoryl is at least mostly photostable--it doesn't degrade with light and heat. Thanks!

Originally Posted by raindancer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where did you hear that Mexoryl is a potential tetrogen and carcinogen? From what I read, Mexoryl is at least mostly photostable--it doesn't degrade with light and heat. Thanks!

I never heard about that either, on the contrary i thought mexoryl was supposed to be better in a way than titanium and zinc, and yes it's photostable.

Why not try Peter Roth Thomas Mineral Sunscreen Powder? I would transfer the contents into a jar because the original container leaks, especially in a purse.

Skinceuticals! Period. Their sunscreens are cosmetically elegant, oil-free, effective...in a word: wonderful.

I recommend uriage sunscreen for combination to oily skin. it matifies the skin and will not make your sister's face shiny. it is light and more like liquid than cream. i am using it right now and it works for me. and it smells nice
smile.gif

skinceuticals is what i use too...but it is so expensive that i reviewed the chemicals and now i use a zinc based cream that is a generic one in the baby department from kroger food store...much cheaper. zinc is a great sunscreen-lifeguards use it...not the best looking but cool in its own way....skinc sinks in well.

Go for a reputed brand, and a cream that has an SPF level of 20 or higher. You need to realize that the effect of any sun cream would be last for upto 3 to 4 hours max, so if she is out a lot, then she needs to apply it regularly throughout the day.

I use Shiseido smooth sunscreen in spf 38. It doesn't break me out and is a very good primer.

i have a combination skin ,, acne prone sometimes,,,

i love SHESIEDO sunscreen ,, its not shiny and it gives my face a beautiful glow ..

why dont u jst try it or ask for a sample before buying ..

good luck

i am alekhya 20f .i had a completely oily face.after getting fresh also with mins it will starts getting oily . even though i stay in home my face becomming completely oily .when i move out side it will be completely oily and if do make up means it will also turns into oily and becomes damn bag.thats why not able to do make up also can u suggest me which SUNSCREAM lotion of SPF will suit me and and due to this oily face im getting lots of pimples and my face becoming dark day by day.and which type or foundation will suits me.plz help me .i will be waiting for the reply

HI!

Im 21..

I have a very oily face all the seasons.. Wot wil b the suitable sunscreen for my face? Does Neutrogena Ultra Sheer dry touch help me? As far i havnt used any powder or creams... 

Honestly...I used to have Oily/Acne prone skin for years. No solution right? wrong! My mother in law introduced me to this Japanese skin care company she randomly found years ago that she swears by. Since I use all the expensive designer stuff I kinda shrugged her off for 6 months or so until she sent me home with samples...WOW. I wish I had known about this company...DHC is their name. They have literally changed my life! My skin is now perfect...not dry, not oily...clean and clear all day long! soft as a babies butt! the impossible made to possible! and their hair care is AMAZING...I had dry damaged, over dyed, over flat ironed hair...and now my hair looks like a shampoo commercial everyday. We have NOTHING in the states that compares to this...All of my friends and family converted. we're happy campers with DHC! you guys should check them out!

You have to order online but they will let you try a product for a week or two and you can send it back if you dont like it..but you will! All products are highly rated. They dont break you out either :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If anyone wants to try them...they can put my customer number in at the end of their order to get a 10% off and triple points towards free fullsize products of their choice - which is awesome! (deleted per Terms of Service)

www.dhccare.com 

read all the reviews and check out their best sellers...This company blows estee lauder, clinique, proactive out of the water! 

Back