Biore Nose Strips - what am I doing wrong?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait, did I miss something???  Egg whites??? Who, what, when, where, how??? Share the secret! LOL!

Originally Posted by SandyFaithCrow /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The directions do say to go slow.

I have tried the egg whites and toilet paper...aaannnnndddd... *drum roll*

IT ACTUALLY kinda WORKED!!! It hardens just like a Biore strip, then you peel it off (slowly). It definitely did not get everything, but compared to the actual strips it did a much better job.

Btw I haven't tried the gelatin yet =)

haha, I'm sorry to say this, but i find your question quite hilarious.. i use the biore strips religiously. 

1 thing your doing wrong; using it in the shower. these strips are meant as a 'paper mache'

the proper way to use these strips, (NOT IN THE SHOWER... STAND INFRONT OF YOUR SINK) wet your hands and rub the water onto your nose and a little way onto your cheeks. take the strip and place on your nose, do not take it off till it feels hard and dry; so usually about 10-15 mins. pull it off slowly.

when you take it off, make sure you wash your face with warm water first to open the pores that it missed, then rinse with cold water to close the pores and dab dry (never rub dry). put on your favored moisturizer THEN take a very thin layer of Vaseline and apply that to your face so you don't dry out.

don't worry about Vaseline 'clogging' your pores because it doesn't do that.

I found this relatively simple pre-step that really kicked up the effectiveness of my pore-strips. There is a cute little step by step on youtube from MakeupbyMichyT

You are going to mix up a dis-incrustation solution: 1 tsp baking soda to 1 cup of water  (some sources say distilled but tap is normally ok). Then soak 1-2 cotton pads in the solution until the pads are fully soaked/saturated. Squeeze out excess liquid and press the pads firmly to the area (nose & cheeks, or chin - where ever you are going to apply the strip) & leave on for about 10 minutes.Re-wet your nose using some of the solution then apply the pore strips according to the directions. 

I just tried it and was kinda floored. One thing - resist going adding more baking soda - adding too much will interfere with the adhesive on the strips.

After you remove the strip you can use a gentle astringent or toner to give a little extra cleansing to the pores.

Back