Birchbox December 2014 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. It was instantaneous. Lucky I really really really want it, or I woud be majorly ticked off.
Maybe its because I haven't been around in a few months, but I could see that being a source of confusion for unsuspecting subscribers (especially people like me who like to play musical chairs with their carts).

I wonder what lorelei's polish is! I bet it's a Jinsoon color, but I wish they mentioned it because I've been wanting a cobalt blue polish.

Eh I want to pick, but I don't want November's box. :X I guess I can email CS and see if they can do a work around or something (probably not). The eyeliner is really pretty....I've been after a [rose] gold eyeliner. 

$25 is on the high end for a necklace for me, but gosh darnit is Lorelei's pretty. I get a lot of compliments on this one i bought from Charlotte Russe for $5, so I frequently dont' feel like costume jewelry is worth the price... but it's so pretty.

aaaaaah.

Maybe its because I haven't been around in a few months, but I could see that being a source of confusion for unsuspecting subscribers (especially people like me who like to play musical chairs with their carts).
I'm sure a lot of people are going to click it, not expecting it to be automatically reserved. It did say farther down the page that I'll be charged around December 1st. I hope being on a gift sub doesn't mess this up.
ETA: I just checked my card. The charge was not instant. I bet they are gonna get a lot of calls and e-mails from people who reserved the neckaces by accident. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess the highlighter for me but nothing really sticks out.   I wonder which ones will sell out the fastest.

Hmmm I actually might do Birchbox Plus this month for a necklace, but can't decide which one!

I'm going to think about it, but right now, I'm leaning towards the rose gold eyeliner. I don't own any eyeliner in that shade.

Rose gold for me!

I'm down to two boxes this month, so I'll probably do the eyeliner on one, and leave the other as a surprise.  The other PYS choices aren't bad, but not exciting enough to limit myself.

I am so torn between the mascara and highlighter. I think I'm going to need to read some reviews on each before I come to a decision. I don't think rose gold would be terribly flattering for my coloring so I'm going to steer clear of that if possible.

Gah I hope they get my main account straightened out so I can get the eyeliner and lippie!  If I have to resort to opening a third account I will get a welcome box and not a PYS.

I caved & ordered the longer necklace Rachel has on in the video. So cute! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

This will be my first ever Birchbox Plus so hopefully it all goes well...

I just sent out an email to Birchbox. I am not a happy camper. Underneath the video on their website, now it says that those of us in Alaska and Hawaii are no longer able to pick a sample choice or do the add on. I was going to choose the rose gold eyeliner on my Aces account. This is complete B.S. I can only wonder what their response will be. I just signed up for a year's sub and have spent plenty of money with this company.

I think I'm going to go with the lip gloss, at first I was tempted by the eyeliner, since I don't have a color like that, but I think I'd use the lip gloss a lot more.  And I love the little diamond on it!

If I keep both subs for the month, I will probably do the highlighter and the liner. The highlighter mainly because I've just wondered about that brand and almost bought one of their products on a whim many times. If I only keep one sub not sure when I will choose.

I think I will add the moonstone necklace. Never did birchbox plus but I like the necklace. :)

It's so pretty, but looking at the 3 liners I have right now in varying shades of gold tells me I should not pick it... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I do love the blue one I got from the Mermaid box, though, and I'm tempted to have it in another shade.
OMG I missed that it was that brand. For some reason I was thinking of the Sumita liners. I love that pencil. I was leaning towards the eyeliner anyway since I have nothing anywhere near that color but now? Sign me up!

Back