Birchbox February 2015 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooh I want that Gorjana Greer necklace but I just purchased the Mila necklace, which is gold as well. Hmmmm......

I'll think I'll pass for this month, but what fun options!

I usually don't have a problem talking myself out of the plus items. Some necklaces have been tempting, like the gorjana Greer this month! But the liptastic kit is calling my name... I wish you could buy add ons with points, but I don't think you can.

Eta: spelling..

Last edited by a moderator:
While I am a sucker for lip products (the only BB Plus option that appeals to me), that looks like a ModelCo lipstick (I already have two in different colors), a Pixi tinted lip balm (I already have one), maybe a Stila lip glaze (don't really like those), and something else I can't identify.  Not really tempted.  Thus I will be able to stick to my no-buy.

(Did I mention I have over 120 lipcolor products in my stash already...)

Ooh, I love the concept of the Liptastic kit!  Lip stuff is my weakness.  But I'm not wild about these particular colors, I don't wear jewelry or have any reason for a cocktail shaker, and the Homespun set isn't my thing, so it's a pass for me all around this time.

(If they had an add-on that was nothing but deluxe samples of various eye primers and glues, I would jump on it in a heartbeat, but it's such a weirdly specific concept that I don't think *anyone* will ever make it.)

I was kinda hoping for a lipstick in the sample choices. Now if there is a kit full of lipsticks, that seems unlikely. Obviously they won't do hand lotion again. The suspense is killing me.   :blink:

Meh, not sure I love the colors of the lip items in the kit and I can get the Homespun box/kit for cheaper with a promo code and points.  

Question:  If I received my subscription as a gift (from my husband...we use the exact same credit card) does that mean I cannot do PLUS items?

It says I have to be a subscriber even though I am signed into my account.  Anyone have history with this?

I'm not going to get any PLUS items this month, but for future months if I see something I really want.

I like the concept of Lipstatick Kit, but I already have Model Co Lipstick in Kitty and Laqa Lip pencil in Ring of Fire. I don't like Still lip glaze, and I wasn't impressed with Pixi Balms. Pass... 

The Birchbox plus items are not sold out because they're allowing me to reserve any of those items on my page. I think they just might not be active in everyone's account yet. 

I managed to find the February 2015 Sample Choice Video!! It hasn't been published yet and they were hiding it in the Birchbox page with the title of December 2014 sample choice spoiler  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm very tempted by the sea salt spray, but I have curly hair...would it work on me?  :unsure:

Here's the link: https://www.birchbox.com/_preview/guide-video/december-2014-sneak-peek-part-11

The Birchbox plus items are not sold out because they're allowing me to reserve any of those items on my page. I think they just might not be active in everyone's account yet. 

I managed to find the February 2015 Sample Choice Video!! It hasn't been published yet and they were hiding it in the Birchbox page with the title of December 2014 sample choice spoiler  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm very tempted by the sea salt spray, but I have curly hair...would it work on me?  :unsure:

Here's the link: https://www.birchbox.com/_preview/guide-video/december-2014-sneak-peek-part-11
Woo Hoo! Great find, thanks for posting!

I really want the eye makeup remover!! So boring, but I don't care! 

ETA: It's nice to know how to pronounce Gorjana now...I was way off...lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Super sleuth! Nice work!

Thanks! But I don't get it. They want people to choose the hair sample without knowing the brand? I am tempted by the eye makeup remover, because I like Marcelle, and I've been wanting to try it . . . but it's not SUPER exciting.

That's some badass Anonymous skills you got there.

I'm curious about the sea salt spray too...and I want to get a better look at what the products are in the curated box, since the video was all lookinthecommentsbelowkthxbai

I think I am going with another curated box. I could use blow out spray and the box itself looked so pretty.  :wub:

Back