Birchbox February 2015 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bet the salt spray is from Living Proof. Fits the design & description.

As I need one- I'll pick the mascara and hope for the best! I forsee a Marsala lipstick this month...
Didn't they say it was a new brand, exclusive to Birchbox?

Did anyone catch what we are supposed to do if we want a chance to win the items featured in the video? It used to be just leave a comment. This time they said something about follow their channel on you tube, leave a comment (presumably once they've cleared all the angry man rants-) and one other thing about naming friends. I don't have any youtube friends and not even sure what that means.    :blink:

Not loving the PYS but the curated box looks promising:

Fekkai Blowout (have it already, extra pile)

Not Soap Radio (want to try the brand)

Sumita eyeliner (have one, extra pile)

The Balm (want to try the brand)

Derma E Anti-Wrinkle Scrub (want to try the brand)

Ace account: curated box

2nd account: up to chance
I will probably order both, but after doing the same the past two months I have finally realized I need to order the curated box on my 2nd account and PYS on my main account with all the product history so I don't get dupes.

The Fekkai Blowout bottle looks just like my Fekkai dry shampoo bottle.  Is it the one and the same?

I think I'll be picking the curated box and then the eye makeup remover.  Looks like it'll be a good month if they're sampling new to Birchbox items. 

Did anyone catch what we are supposed to do if we want a chance to win the items featured in the video? It used to be just leave a comment. This time they said something about follow their channel on you tube, leave a comment (presumably once they've cleared all the angry man rants-) and one other thing about naming friends. I don't have any youtube friends and not even sure what that means.    :blink:
The video hasn't been published yet which is probably why you can't comment on it. I found the link by looking through the birchbox website, but they haven't made it official yet!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hoping you girls can help me with a question regarding subscribing. I was in touch with BB today asking when can I subscribe to make sure I receive the February box and not the January box, and they said it would be around the 25th. 

But I saw a post on their FB page from a subscriber saying that she is not getting a box after all because they're out of inventory. When I went to re-subscribe it said that I would be receiving the box on February 10, therefore, this most likely means it's the February box (since it seems they also ran out of inventory)? I went ahead and re-subbed so I really hope so! I've used all the 100 point promos so I ran out, but managed to get 50 points with subscribenow50  :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't they say it was a new brand, exclusive to Birchbox?
Wondering if it could be the new line by Ken Paves (made famous by Jessica Simpson a few years back)....I remember reading about it somewhere recently, that he is launching a new line...just a guess but I doubt it would be exclusive to birchbox....hmmmm

Wondering if it could be the new line by Ken Paves (made famous by Jessica Simpson a few years back)....I remember reading about it somewhere recently, that he is launching a new line...just a guess but I doubt it would be exclusive to birchbox....hmmmm
Ken Paves!  That was the name I was trying to think of when I initially saw the video!  But I don't think it's his line because that stuff is going to be Walmart-only, and the packaging looks completely different.  Maybe Janine Jarman?  I've never heard of her before (I don't exactly follow celebrity hair stylists, to put it mildly), but she was mentioned on a Birchbox blog post about a year ago, and I guess she was on _Shear Genius_ on Bravo.  *And* she used to work for Sexy Hair, as in Big Sexy Hair, as in THIS STUFF KEEPS SHOWING UP IN IPSY BAGS! 

oh man, I like some of the items in the curated box and I would pick the sea salt spray...

I looked up the scent for the not soap, radio and it is blackberries and vanilla. Curated box for me!
After the Not Soap Radio was in my October box I bought the sample packs of the soap and lotion and the Cupid scent was the first to go. I am considering the curated box JUST for more cupid soap! My husband would always comment how great I smelled when I used that soap. It's a lovely blackberry scent with a touch of vanilla.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'll go with the makeup remover, it's not the most exciting, but neither of the other 3 options interest me.  I also think I get better boxes when I pick something.

Gloriana constantly has sales on their website for really big discounts in the 60-80% off range. I will skip Birchbox Plus this month since I don't really think it's a deal.

Gloriana constantly has sales on their website for really big discounts in the 60-80% off range. I will skip Birchbox Plus this month since I don't really think it's a deal.
So true. I just got the Mila necklace shipped for $25 with 80% off sale they had going on 2 weeks ago.

The video hasn't been published yet which is probably why you can't comment on it. I found the link by looking through the birchbox website, but they haven't made it official yet!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I know they will need to make it official and post on you-tube, otherwise Matt or Greg might be the winning name randomly selected. My confusion was over how to subscribe to their channel and then call out a friend. Could I just comment the name of anyone (random co-worker, person from MUT, Taylor Swift etc) or does this person have to respond and watch the whole video? 

No Plus item for me...I've yet to receive the one I ordered for January. I did hear back and they said that "sorry...they're trying to get all of the January boxes out first and then they'll start shipping the Plus items." No sorry points, though which was a little surprising since they tend to toss those about easily enough.

I love the curated box so I'll choose that on one account and the other account will be a surprise.

No Plus item for me...I've yet to receive the one I ordered for January. I did hear back and they said that "sorry...they're trying to get all of the January boxes out first and then they'll start shipping the Plus items." No sorry points, though which was a little surprising since they tend to toss those about easily enough.

I love the curated box so I'll choose that on one account and the other account will be a surprise.
I'm waiting as well :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> though I was told last week by Kirby via Facebook that we would be getting emailed about this along with proper compensation. That was a week ago.

I love me some sea salt spray :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I usually use a bit of hair oil with a sea salt spray, when I'm doing the post-spray scrunching, so I'll be interested to see if I can skip that with this spray.  Though now that I have some awesome Haus of Gloi scented hair oil I kind of like that step!

For my second box...I kind of like the curated box, but I think it'll hinge on what color the eyeliner is.  Otherwise, I didn't pick anything last month and I loved my box.

Latest posts

Back