Birchbox February 2016 **Spoilers**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always do my reviews in the app because I find it to be much quicker and the option to share is still there at the bottom of the review page. I double checked my account and the points were credited.
Thanks for the tip! I just checked the app (after updating to the newest version), and I could share from there for points :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Which is great since I was 10 pts shy! 

I will use every thing but this box feels really sparse and not worth $10. After I see what sample choice is and unless the choice is worth $10 to me I'm taking a break.

I'm happy with the lip balm. I'm also excited to try the cleanser and the hair mask. I wish the perfume sample was a spray!!! I also wish the color of the polish was different. I have so many reds from boxes.

image.jpeg

Didn't try the Borghese cleanser yet but I'm planning on using it tonight. Didn't have a chance to try the lip balm yet either but will do that tonight.

I used the Borghese cleanser and was pleasantly surprised. It felt nice and was deep cleaning but not drying. Really happy with this sample. I also like the Arrow lip balm. It's really moisturizing and didn't turn my lips pink like some other lip enhancing lip balms do.

I got my box yesterday.  It turns out it was just an ok box:

Cargo shadow stick:  the picture on my box page had 3 nice, neutral colors & I would have been happy with ANY one of those colors.  Image my surprise when I opened my Birchbox to find an electric turquoise color pencil.  My teen daughter loves it though & she immediately took it.  So, it worked out.

Loreal Mythic Oil Masque:  this sample is huge and smells really nice.  I hope my hair does well with it when I use it.

ModelCo. lip liner:  No one in my house will use this one.  Not BB's fault,  just not for me. Trading it.

Paula's Choice C15 Super booster:  this smells weird, like medicine & I don't know if I will be putting it on my face.

Ren glycol mask:  My PYS - have used before and love it.  

Paula's Choice C15 Super booster: this smells weird, like medicine & I don't know if I will be putting it on my face.
I have used the Paula's C15 super booster before, and I agree about the smell, but it IS an amazing product. Fortunately, the smell fades pretty quickly. I last used it this past summer, and it made my skin smooth, bright, and even - to the point where on several occasions, I didn't feel a need to use any face makeup. Just the C15 and a light moisturizer, and voila: even-toned, glowy skin!

(I love the product so much I can tolerate the initial smell, and while I know PC products avoid fragrance, and this fades pretty quickly, I just wish there was something to be done to make it less off-putting. In my opinion it smells like a combination of something medicinal, an old tea bag, and some kind of grill marinade...)

I got my box yesterday. It turns out it was just an ok box:

Cargo shadow stick: the picture on my box page had 3 nice, neutral colors & I would have been happy with ANY one of those colors. Image my surprise when I opened my Birchbox to find an electric turquoise color pencil. My teen daughter loves it though & she immediately took it. So, it worked out.

Loreal Mythic Oil Masque: this sample is huge and smells really nice. I hope my hair does well with it when I use it.

ModelCo. lip liner: No one in my house will use this one. Not BB's fault, just not for me. Trading it.

Paula's Choice C15 Super booster: this smells weird, like medicine & I don't know if I will be putting it on my face.

Ren glycol mask: My PYS - have used before and love it.
The C15 is a fantastic product but yes it smells weird. To me it smells EXACTLY like hot dog water, lol! Like when my kids boil hotdogs and the water that's left over? That smell. It fades fast though.

(Cross-posted with the BB limited edition box thread)

There's two new sampler sets in the shop, each $25.

Moisturizers:

https://www.birchbox...ture-matchmaker

Cleansers:

https://www.birchbox...-cleanser-quest

I think I might pick up the moisturizer one!

I missed out on the PYS this month since they were all out by the time I noticed the link. Ironically this has been one of my best boxes in months.

I'm getting

·       The Body Shop Fuji Green Tea Body Butter

·       Whish Renewing Mud Mask

·       Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar Liquid Lipstick in Strumpet

·       PARLOR® by Jeff Chastain Detangling Leave-In Conditioner

·       ARROW REVIVE Cooling Cheek Tint

Capture.PNG

Did anyone pre-order the Benefit Hoola Bronzer? I have the Hoola regular bronzer and it's great. I wonder how the liquid version is going to be.

I received my February box today with Arrow lip&cheek tint in berry flush. I love the shade, but the color payoff is not as good as Benefit liquid tints. It creates a more even tint result than Benefit's thou.
Consistency if a bit thicker, more of lotion-like. I didn't feel any cooling effect, but overall it seems like a good product. 

Frustrated. Still haven't gotten my February box. The original one, the tracking never updated so I emailed them and they said basically "uh oh it's stuck with usps, we will ship you a replacement." Okay no problem. Now this new one is doing the same thing! It was "created" 5 days ago and the shipping hasn't updated since. Conflicted on whether I should wait it out or email again, hate being a whine bag but cmon bb.

Back