Birchbox March 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Jamie P /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would like someone to show me on the Birchbox site where it says deluxe samples. I have yet to see anything saying this, but people complain about it.
It said it on the site once upon a time, but they changed it a while back.

Originally Posted by Jamie P /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would like someone to show me on the Birchbox site where it says deluxe samples. I have yet to see anything saying this, but people complain about it.
It used to be front and center on their homepage. 

Im not sure if you were referring to my post or the one above mine. Anyways... I try not to complain bc I do enjoy my subscription. But sometimes it does suck to get smaller samples than I do in other subscriptions for the same price. Now, your point makes sense bc their website does not say deluxe size. However, they do advertise it that way. Look what comes up when I search it in google...

Oh ok. I was just wondering because I keep seeing that mentioned yet I never saw it on the site. I only joined in November. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Finally got my email and I'm severely disappointed :/ I'm getting Skin & Co Body gel, Nexxus Hair youth renewal, strivectin eye wrinkle cream, youngblood anti-shine mattifier, and Weleda body lotion. I was soooo wanting the color change nail polish and the macaroons...changing my profile again!

Finally got my email and I'm severely disappointed :/ I'm getting Skin & Co Body gel, Nexxus Hair youth renewal, strivectin eye wrinkle cream, youngblood anti-shine mattifier, and Weleda body lotion. I was soooo wanting the color change nail polish and the macaroons...changing my profile again!  
Did you mean for this to go in the April BB thread?

Originally Posted by kimmyduhh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree. It's sad that I paid $3 and got more stuff than I did in my $10 Birchbox.

However, I feel like the whole purpose of Birchbox is to be introduced and being able to try new samples. So they do meet that goal... I don't like to complain bc we all know we signed up for lol and I do love the service!
Yea, it's difficult to not complain sometimes when it's consistently disappointing, but I do agree with you, they definitely meet the goal of introducing people to new products.  I'm not usually one to complain but with all you lovely makeup-aholics (just like me) I feel I can! =)

Thanks again for posting about the sample pack!  I ordered mine and can't wait to get it!

Originally Posted by stefsteranne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yea, it's difficult to not complain sometimes when it's consistently disappointing, but I do agree with you, they definitely meet the goal of introducing people to new products.  I'm not usually one to complain but with all you lovely makeup-aholics (just like me) I feel I can! =)

Thanks again for posting about the sample pack!  I ordered mine and can't wait to get it!
Ah so glad you agree!  I really do try to not complain.  And like I said they do meet the goal of introducing us to new products :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Let me know how you like your sample pack of the Macadamia line.  I am in LOVE!! 
heart.gif

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ooh.. your box looks pretty nice! How does the Sumita perform? Good color and long lasting?
Thanks, I was pleasantly surprised by it. The color is a pretty navy blue, I swatched it in my hand and it didn't smudge after I rubbed it and lasted through a couple of hand washes. Oh and even the hubby liked the color lol.

Thanks, I was pleasantly surprised by it. The color is a pretty navy blue, I swatched it in my hand and it didn't smudge after I rubbed it and lasted through a couple of hand washes. Oh and even the hubby liked the color lol.
Always a good and promising sign!

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

oh let's hope it works the same on your eyes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

oh let's hope it works the same on your eyes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
I hope so! I'm going to try it with the blue eye shadow I got for Starlooks.

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hope so! I'm going to try it with the blue eye shadow I got for Starlooks.
Oh my goodness!  The second I saw you got a navy blue pencil I was like "oh I bet that would be awesome with the Starlooks shadow!" And you have it!  Pretty pretty please post pics of your look!

Back