Blackhead problems!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the only thing i can think of besides seeing a dermatologist is to

get a good thorogh facial-european, where they do extractions

According to the instruction at the back of the bottle, you need to clean your face before applying the astringent. And, if it's too dry for your skin, reduce the application to once every 2 days.

Thank you so much for your wonderful advices! I've been doing some extra scrubbing, using the Clean and Clear astrigent, and just hoping it will work. LOL. I'm contemplating getting the extraction tools from Sephora. Which one should I get? The double ended one with loops or the one with the needle and the scoop at the ends? Hehe, I'm trying to save as much money as possible so I would choose the the cheaper one but which one do you guys work the best?

I would recommend a scrub that has salicylic acid, when I used to use L'Oreal Pure Zone scrub I had clear skin but now I'm starting to become prone to blackheads on my cheek ever since I stopped.

Hi I love Ulta however I have very sensitive skin and can not even use soap I use rubbing Alcohol and hot water, Does this stuff make you break out even more ? I am so upset 36 years old and I am breaking out like a 15 year old girl around my temples and nose :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Cathy Woodward /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi I love Ulta however I have very sensitive skin and can not even use soap I use rubbing Alcohol and hot water, Does this stuff make you break out even more ? I am so upset 36 years old and I am breaking out like a 15 year old girl around my temples and nose :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Rubbing alcohol absolutely strips your skin. Try using Cetaphil cleanser in liquid form. It is inexpensive and you can find it just about anywhere like Target, Walmart, drugstores, etc. I have extremely sensitive skin and I have now used this for years. It doesn't have any fragrance or surfactants in it and is super gentle. It will help your skin calm down a lot.

alcohol can be really aggressive so try to avoid it.. :/

And don`t push or squeeze them out either.

You can use some nice masks,here are the recipes :

Basil

Take a few basil leaves and put them into the boiled water. Allow it to cool. Dip cotton balls in mixture and gently wipe the face several times.   Potato mask Grate the potatoes in a pot,add water to the mixture and apply it to the face. Leave for 10 minutes and then rinse. The potato mask will help with the cleaning of deep blackheads.   Lemon and honey
Mix honey, salt and squeezed lemon juice and apply on face and rub it gently from 5 to 10 minutes. For extremely oily mixture insert two tablespoons of yogurt.     Hope it helps! xoxo

I had heaps of blackhead on my nose and tried everything (including the pore strips) nothing seemed to get rid of them. The I tried Skin define (Australia) Salicylic Acid 15%- just on the nose area and it really, really works!

I have these horrible massive SPREAD of blackheads on my nose for what seem like ages! I've tried exfloiating, cleansing, washing my face three times a day, tons of water, but it hasn't shown any visible results! Does any one have good tips and methods to get rid of them? Are there any good and non-expensive products I can purchase at like Walgreens to help? What do you do to get rid of yours?
Oh damn I just realised this 2006 ,how did this end up being a popular thread in the main section?

Anyhow if you still use this forum, or if anyone else is suffering the same issue. You need to do an extraction facial ,it will help get rid of all that gunk from your face. You could do this yourself with some boiling water (steam) a towel and a blackhead/white head extractor ,buy them online from amazon, ebay etc or in stores like sally beauty or salon services (or even sephora). Once you've steamed your face for 5-10mins your pores will be open and start gently on your areas with the extractor and glide it along. You'll notice very quickly how much gunk is removes ,don't forget never go over the same area twice before cleaning the tool. basically clean the tool every time you catch some débris from your face. finish it by closing the pores with your toner. It's said the best time to do this is when youre having your pamper day ,or you know youre doing a mask - do it after your mask. Depending on how many black heads you suffer from , depends on how often you should do it. At least once a week is good ,I wouldn't necessarily exceed that. Always be gentle when using the tool ,you don't want to damage your skin in the process. It's a both disgusting yet fascinating 'task'!

The strips are the best way to get rid of these. Try to refrain from squeezing them out to avoid long term damage. 

Can try nose pack, Egg White Nose Pack by Skinfood. Tried before, quite nice. However, dont use nose pack too frequent as may cause pore bigger. Once or twice per month should be good. Also, remember to remove make up to avoid clog pores & also have your skincare routine which can balance & control your face oil. 

Cheers. 

Just accidentally found out how to get rid of black heads.  Pity it took me 51 years.  LOL...

I got a nearly 4 oz tube of a Origins clear improvement, charcoal mask as a free gift..  Was going to give it to my daughter, but then read that it gets rid of black heads.  So I tried it.  I now have zero black heads!   Darn, as I teenager I would have given anything for a tube of this.\

Here I sit plastered in Origins everything, and I am in heaven!  Love love love!

Last edited by a moderator:
Go have a facial and facial mask to close the poor. Most often blackhead comes when you're pores is open. Make sure to have a beauty routine. Like wash, tone and moisturize. 

If you have massive blackheads - no product alone will get rid of it, you need to extract them.

Personally I recommend going to a dermatologist or professional facial esthetician to remove them for you.  (If you try to do it yourself and do it incorrectly you can permanently damage your skin.)

I would only trust this to a professional. 

use hot water on face to open up the pores then use a facial scrub. Next, wash off with cold water to close up the pores and apply oil such as jojoba, argan or rosehip oil. They are good for preventing black heads.

Back