Bleached my black hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well.. I have naturally darkest brown hair colour, not black though. I left for school one day dark and long...Came home with short and bottled blonde...Much to my mothers horror lol...

I did some crazy damage to my hair, like dying it fudge Pink Flamingo (rather my friends did) and it was very brittle but never elastic when wet, im glad yours has healed up quickly enough.

Like everyone else i suggest lots of conditioning and hair vitamin spray thing.. I forget what one i used its probally not in production anymore its been 10yrs lol.....(oh im old)

Looking forward to seeing some pictures
smile.gif

lik i said my hair is fine now and i didnt get any of it cut off at all.

i had dyed my hair black for about a yr..

yes is stuffed up at the start abut now its great.

i have white hair! what i was after!

i now do my friends hair and none of them have stuffed up.

i now often get asked if im a hair dresser!

it must look good :)

i say you def made the right choice i love the white blonde, im so tempted to do this to my hair for summer, my hairs so brown and dull i tried about 2 yrs ago and it went yellow, and never managed to face more thn a week of ridicule frm people, but i liked it in a weird way so maybe ill go to visit my faraway friend for 2 weeks and dye my hair haha
smile.gif
but yes i love ur hair

I really like your hair with the white top black bottom. Awesome cut. You style it very well. I don't think it would work with many other kinda cuts.

wana kno the funny thing??? i havnt got it cut since i bleached it.. thats how it went wen it was all brittle n snapped off haha.. everyone thinks they r layers but they r not haha!

but it worked out well lol

its healthy now and i stil hav those "layers" haha

haha I think your hair is cute, I tried to bleach mine pretty blonde but it didn't come out like that.

But kudos on it. Its so cute esp for DIY. Look professional. haha

i would suggest going back to that beauty store and getting some sort of protien treatment, kerastase makes a 5 day treatment that will be helpfull.

but basicly you need tons of protien in your hair

your hair wont get back to perfect condition but you can fix it up a lot, i had a horrible bleach accident and i had to use protien for about a month to get my hair nice again... also i would suggest getting a hair cut, if you cut off the worse of it (which is most likely the ends) it will look a million times better.

i have no fear that your hair will not get repaired, when i bleached my hair on my own i only did it wice (i have blonde hair naturally but wanted white blonde) and it ended up white after the first time with just some pale white bits that i could of toned out however i was stupid and bleached it again, and it was so bad that it was just snapping off even when dry.

my hair when it was at its worst

n24414291_31150756_6842.jpg

after i got it cut... but before it was healthyish again... it allready looked a ton beter though

n24414291_31154974_6607.jpg

and lastly when my hair was still the white-ish but was getting healthy and not so gross

(i still had bad split ends from the breakage but it was at the point where it was no longer breaking off)

photo.php

I've always been a white blonde all my life and decided that I'd really like to go brunette for a while. Although I enjoyed being brunette my hair was too porous to hold the brown dye so it always looked a really dull, boring brown shade. I decided to go back to blonde which meant bleaching - I'd never used bleach before.

The hair colourist told me that I had to get my hair in tip top condition for the bleaching process - regular trims and lots of conditioning. I'd heard that Olive Oil is the closts structure to skin and hair and was advised to use this to condition my tresses. When I got home from work, every night I would smother my hair from root to tip in olive oil and wrap clingfilm round my head so the heat from my scalp would help it penetrate. Then I would go about my business for the evening, taking a shower before bedtime and shampooing and conditioning with very rich products (also avoid products with SLS as this will strip the hair even more). After about 3 weeks I was ready. For a while though, my hair was extremely weak due to the bleach. This is going back to February 2008 and it's nearly a year on and it is still quite weak although not as weak as it was. You need to keep it well moisturised. I've found that the Aussie 3 minute miracle spray is excellent to help you gently comb through the hair before you blow dry and keeps it very moisturised. The key is to part dry your hair before you start to comb through or it will stretch and snap.

I part blow dry mine by 1/2 way and then apply the Aussie spray, comb through gently and then blast dry until 3/4's dry then I apply my styling products. Once it's dry there's no stretching and snapping. But be aware that I'm a year on and it's still snapping. My hair was in excellent condition before the bleach. Oh and you can still use Olive oil or even coconut oil (they're both surprisingly not as greasy as you'd think)

Hope that helps!

i have recently had the worst nightmare with my hair ever! i have been so stupid i feel like cryin.

I had lovely light blonde hair... but decided to colour it a plumb colour on a whim after i did my blonde roots ans they went wrong. so last weekend before i dyed it plumb, i bleached it as i wanted to go lighter, and it looked a mess, so the next day i bought a dark hair dye an did that before the plumb colour so it would take.

everyone said it looked lovely... but it faded with every wash. so this weekend i decided to go back blonde, so i prelightened it 2x then put 2 blonde dyes on, which didnt work. so now i have put it brown again and got another plumb dye to do when my hair gets stronger.

needless to say i have never made more mistakes in my life... i need a funeral 4 my poor hair! it has started snapping an is really weak... im not going to do the plumb colour for a long time. does anyone have any hints of tips how i can treat my hair? please dont say how stupid i have been, i have learnt that mistake already! i feel like crying!!! lol

Back