Blotchy, red skin after shower???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the same problem when I use any kind of dial soaps. They kill my skin. Or anything with glycerin in them. As soon as I got rid of all products with antibactial or glycerin in them it made the problem go away. Yeah, and turning the heat down.

I'd recommend lowering the water temperature, as well as changing your soap/body wash since most soaps have chemicals & irritants in them. I recommend Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps; they're 100% vegan, a little goes a long way with them, they're multipurpose (you can use it as a shampoo, face soap, body wash, & shaving cream), & they have coconut oil, jojoba oil, olive oil, hemp oil, & vitamin E, all which are beneficial to skin & hair.
smile.gif

^ I will have to check those soaps out! They sound wonderful!

I think I have narrowed this down to a skin discoloration that may be hereditary. I asked both my mom and my sister (I know my mom has some of what looks like the same on her chest area) and they both have it too, not only when they get out of the shower. We compared and it looks remotely identical.

I guess now is a quest to maybe find a product that can even it out a little. I just applied my first coat of self tanner and it looks like it MIGHT start to blend in once my tan develops... which would be wonderful as it is making me a little self conscious. :/

I did discover this Vita K stuff that is for blotchy skin... anyone ever heard of it?

Hi I have the same problem. It happens more in summer. There blotchy patches on the skin that are usually skin colour and slightly rough. I get them on the back of my knees, upper thigh, belly and back. They turn a red inflamed colour after sweating or hot showers. My partner also gets it. We use selsin. Comes in a little yellow bottle. We only need to use it once a month and its completely gone. My partner calls it the Queensland itch But I think that's a silly name cause it doesn't itch or bother us

Back