Blue lipstick woes:(

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the blue lips. I am gonna get the manic panic and try it with my MAC clear glass . Thanks for all the great tips.

That is super pretty and I am not saying it isn't photoshopped cause you know they all are... BUT I think it can totally be reproduced. I have done stuff like this lots for costume parties using eyeliners and eyeshadows, and then a clear silicone based gloss. I see three colors, a flat dark navy on the outside line, then a brighter blue, then the same brighter blue but with shimmer in aqua/ tourquoise on top. Get two CHEAP firm eye liners in the navy and blue. line in navy and then fill in with blue blending between the two colors. dab shimmery eyeshadow on the pout but not too much or it will spread out and make the whole lip like the middle, (a very thin film of the shadow changes the base color). Then use a sili gloss and voila! oily glosses (vaseline, mineral oil containing etc) will dissolve the makeup and make it slide off and mix together. sili might mix in some, but won't dissolve it and make a mess. I am seriously going through my mental list of eyeliners and wishing I had blues to show you.... I could do it in another color but it wouldn't be the same I know. Good Luck! p.s. the eyeliners are better than lipsticks, or lipliners or colored glosses because those will mix together easier and you will lose the really cool looking color gradient.

Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just saw this post by Maybelline on facebook and it reminded me of this thread: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150283121030748&set=pt.20251700747&type=1&theater lists the products that they used under the photo.

That's pretty, very obvious it's been photoshopped, but the look actually is reproducible. Make it with pigment and clear gloss just make sure the pigments are lip safe.

Coral Reef Blue

Star Bite Cherika Moon

Midnight Blue

Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just saw this post by Maybelline on facebook and it reminded me of this thread: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150283121030748&set=pt.20251700747&type=1&theater lists the products that they used under the photo.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think I may have found a dark blue that would work coupled with green mica and lots of clear gloss...

Manic Panic After Midnightâ„¢ Blue lipstick!

Hahaha I am going as Lady Gaga this year for Halloween so that could do the trick nicely ^^

I will try the manic panic, thanks! To the original poster: the slate looking shimmers in the lips are exactly like eye shadow would look on lips. I've seen plenty of folks fake lipstick for a quick shoot by using eye shadow. I've had it done on me and I can say the shimmer looks exactly like the pic you posted. Parts of the pic are photoshopped but not all of it. 

Originally Posted by ShadowfangNS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been searching for the PERFECT blue lip gear, I want lips that look exactly like this.

Problem is I can't find a decent quality lipstick to do this with other than Illamasqua's disciple but I can't buy it since I live in the U.S. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />, I wanted to do the base of my lips in that and find a shimmery blue lip gloss to go over it, but I'd be really satisfied with a very pigmented and bright dark blue like this even without lipgloss.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Blue lipstick with a light blue pigment or mica in the middle or even metallic blue lipstick + clear clip gloss. 

It's basically ombre lips but with blue shades

The blue from OCC is too light. I checked since that was my first thought as well.
The solution to that is simple, mix it with the black from OCC. Lip tars are designed to be mixed and customized. -jayd

I know exactly what you mean. If there was a good quality lipstick that could do that to your lips, I would wear it every day. The closest thing I've found is Manic Panic brand Midnight Blue. They used to have a Metallic Midnight Blue and I don't know if it's still for sale, but it was amazing. If you find anything, please let me know too.

You can check Morgana Cryptoria's website. She has a lot of less common lipstick colors which she makes herself. I don't know if she has any blue shades at the moment but you could ask her to custom make a shade for you if she doesn't. You'd still need a gloss to go overtop, though.

This color is a Navy Blue by Illamasqua, in their site the blue don't shows up so great, but I found a video on youtube where the girl is wearing this color and it's absolutly amazing! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3BxeryFCFQ

(ps: you should make easier to answer, I had to create an account just to help your question and it's boring). Anyway, hope you enjoy the lipstick!

Back