Blush Beauty Box Jan 2015 Spoilers and Discussions

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oops, sorry @@SaraP!  I went to bed :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Yes, those are the items I got, and these are the values I got from the dermstore website:

Eye Perfectors:

SmartFX SmartEye Wrinkle Lift 19.95
Advanced Youth Firming Eye Cream 19.95
Lytera Skin Brightening System 50 (This one is hard because it's a set and all the sizes are different ratios to the full size set)
Daily Serum 14
TNS Eye Repair 28
Replenish Hydrating Cream 7.50
Advanced Moisture Eye Mask Duo 20Time Traveler:

epionce anti aging lip repair 12

Take-Off Time Cleansing Cream 5.25
Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel 8.25
Clove Flower and Turmeric Anti-Aging Serum 18
Sampar Ultra Hydrating Fluid 15
Darphin Hydrating Kiwi Mask 10
Kantic Calming Cream 69

Again, not a bad value at all!  But I wish it had been handled a little differently in how it was advertised.  I'm pretty excited about the Eye Perfector kit, lots of stuff there I am excited to try, and I'm not even disappointed in the non-eye items. Still debating on sending back the Time Traveler kit - if I don't love that Kantic cream, it's not really worth the price.

Feb Box:

Cargo liquid liner in black

Neostrata skin active antioxidant defense serum

Alterna bamboo smooth kendi pure treatment oil

Tocca Beauty crema da mano hand cream in 1 of 3 scents-I got Cleopatra (grapefruit, cucumber)

Tocca Beauty eau de parfum in 1 of 3 scents-I got Cleopatra for this as well

Juliette has a gun eau de parfum

Sarahpotempa the wrap-up

100%Pure creamy nail polish in kiss

Vichy idealia life serum

Feb Box:

Cargo liquid liner in black

Neostrata skin active antioxidant defense serum

Alterna bamboo smooth kendi pure treatment oil

Tocca Beauty crema da mano hand cream in 1 of 3 scents-I got Cleopatra (grapefruit, cucumber)

Tocca Beauty eau de parfum in 1 of 3 scents-I got Cleopatra for this as well

Juliette has a gun eau de parfum

Sarahpotempa the wrap-up

100%Pure creamy nail polish in kiss

Vichy idealia life serum
Thanks for sharing! Are you happy with it? What are the sizes like?

Thanks for sharing! Are you happy with it? What are the sizes like?
I like all of it besides the perfumes but that is just due to my allergies.  The serums are pretty small as well as the perfumes but that is expected I think.  The Tocca is 4oz, pretty big. The Alterna is .85oz, more a deluxe sample size than the perfumes or serums. The nailpolish is full size. And the wrap-up is still holding my fine thin hair up pretty well. The eyeliner is also full size.

I saw on MSA that the box only totaled $91 not the $100 it is promised. Blush has been going downhill.

I don't have my box yet, but I'm just really annoyed with Blush. I meant to cancel before my order went through and lost track of time.  Last month was roughly an $85 value while this month is $91.  You know. . if it's not $100 I'm OK with that because the value is way above $25.  But their website clearly says "$100 value" for the past two months.  That just makes me feel like they are misleading people. It's definitely false advertising, but I don't know if they have any responsibility to their customers.

Last month's "apology"for the duplicate cleanser ($10 off $50) just added insult to injury. And seriously, they carry so many brands yet we get the same brands over and over.  . .  I thought they would get better with Target buying them out, but the sub has serious issues and is going downhill fast.  

I'm going to unsubscribe *and* complain to customer service about their false advertising.  

Anyway, it's easy to sign up each month with a subscription and get that month's box in case Blush ups their game.  So sad about Blush, they used to be my favorite sub. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm considering this sub only because I haven't had in the past and some of the brands featured I'd be interested to get. I see a lot of mixed reviews. I'm not so worried about the value. If the value of the box is anywhere over double the cost then I think I'd be ok with it even if the value isn't the advertised $100. Maybe I'll try it for a month and see? I'm suppose to be on no buy but subscriptions are a different story. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

I'm considering this sub only because I haven't had in the past and some of the brands featured I'd be interested to get. I see a lot of mixed reviews. I'm not so worried about the value. If the value of the box is anywhere over double the cost then I think I'd be ok with it even if the value isn't the advertised $100. Maybe I'll try it for a month and see? I'm suppose to be on no buy but subscriptions are a different story. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
 I say give it a try.  They do sample brands that other boxes generally haven't (Cargo, Klorane, Avene, Glo Minerals) and there will always be a couple of full sized items in there.  

Pros:  

* ships the first day or two of each month

*Variety of brands and mix of cosmetic, skin, and haircare (including things like head bands, hair clips, and the bun maker thing)

*close to $100 value (sometimes more, sometimes less)

Cons: 

*They tend to repeat products, sometimes you'll get the exact same thing two months in a row (Avene cleanser = December and January).  

*Mediocre customer service.  They are part of a huge corporation now (Target, I believe) and give off a vibe of complete indifference.  When people complained about the duplicate cleanser two months in a row, they apologized by offering a junky % off code that is always offered anyway.  They didn't do anything to redeem themselves the next month, either (in my opinion. . .which is why I'm canceling). 

Misc thoughts: 

*they used to throw in a few really nice samples as 'extras' with the order, but now they're tiny foil samples and also repeats (I think I got a Cotz sunscreen sample 6 months in a row).  

*You can't cancel online, you have to call which is kind of a pain. 

If you don't mind calling and canceling each month, you can usually wait for spoilers and then place an order for that month's box if you like it.   

Thanks so much @@Sadejane for the feedback! Appreciate it! Avene and Klorane sound good to me. Maybe getting them repeatedly wouldn't be a good thing but for now they would work for me.

So have you ladies heard the latest news on this box? They sent an e-mail saying Blush mystery box is changing its name & look and now will be called Beautyfix. Think it will be ran by Dermstore & they're expanding their labels. We'll see. Guess its why the last 2 months have been just awful.

Last edited by a moderator:
So have you ladies heard the latest news on this box? They sent an e-mail saying Blush mystery box is changing its name & look and now will be called Beautyfix. Think it will be ran by Dermstore & they're expanding their labels. We'll see. Guess its why the last 2 months have been just awful.
This used to be called Beautyfix at one time.  Back in the beginning it had its good moments and bad.  It was $50 per quarter.  And when they first switched to picking your products it was chaotic  And if you didn't get your pick email, you did not get even half the value of what you spent.

I quit after getting burned although they let me pick a new box out of their entire inventory.  I picked all face creams.  (We got full sized face creams etc...)  Those lasted me a very long time....  I loved the full sized Canyon Ranch and the 3lab samples.  Yeah 3lab frace creams were not full sized obviously,  But I did get 2 of the full sized 3lab  cleansers which are like $40 now,

later they changed it up to I think $25 every 2 months if I recall, and still let you pick your box.

I liked the original Beautyfix, especially being able to pick the items I wanted.  Curious to see if they will be doing it the same way or just reusing the name.  

I don't have my box yet, but I'm just really annoyed with Blush. I meant to cancel before my order went through and lost track of time.  Last month was roughly an $85 value while this month is $91.  You know. . if it's not $100 I'm OK with that because the value is way above $25.  But their website clearly says "$100 value" for the past two months.  That just makes me feel like they are misleading people. It's definitely false advertising, but I don't know if they have any responsibility to their customers.

Last month's "apology"for the duplicate cleanser ($10 off $50) just added insult to injury. And seriously, they carry so many brands yet we get the same brands over and over.  . .  I thought they would get better with Target buying them out, but the sub has serious issues and is going downhill fast.  

I'm going to unsubscribe *and* complain to customer service about their false advertising.  

Anyway, it's easy to sign up each month with a subscription and get that month's box in case Blush ups their game.  So sad about Blush, they used to be my favorite sub. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
So, I was not the only one. I decided to cancel. It's sad, this was my first box with them.

Back