Blush, foundation, etc. for skin with yellow undertones?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On that same site, they have a scale of which bb is best.  There are products that don't contain lighteners.

Whitening means just that... its a skin lightener.   It contains Arbutin which is supposed to disrupt melanin production in the skin to make you lighter.  Asians are big on being white. 

it only comes in 1 shade.  Its supposed to oxidize to match your skin colour somehow.  I'm darker than the average asian and it does get to my colouration.  I'm a medium neutral beige.

It was more to find one that doesnt have whitening.  Some have pearlesence added for glitter/shimmer.  You may wanna avoid those ones too.  I have the VIP gold super +.  Though it starts very pale, it changes colour.  

I have the Skin 79 Oriental Gold bb cream bc it's for dry skin--I can do a swatch if you're interested. If you have very tan skin, or if you want flawless coverage, I wouldn't look into that brand--most of them are designed for relatively pale skin.

I don't know about the others, but the "oriental gold" formula is a lot thicker than I expected--the coverage is great for a tinted moisturizer, but it's still a tinted moisturizer and not a foundation. The "oxidizing" can only do so much, if it works at all. I have medium skin, so to make the formula less thick and to get less coverage, I mix it with an equal amount of lotion--that way, there's still some coverage but not enough to make my face a different color than the rest of my body. if you want more coverage, you can always use a finishing powder.

I think Missha, another BB cream brand, sells products in different colors. A more expensive and probably better-quality BB cream is Dr. Jart, but I don't think they offer any options for skin tone.

Originally Posted by eliza7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm looking at the Skin79 BB cream's website, and I see they have a sample for $1 that I think I'll get to try it out.  Just wanted to share in case anyone else wants to try them.  Does it just come in one color?  And what does "whitening" mean? I don't want to get paler, lol!

http://www.skin79northamerica.com/catalogue/detail/flypage/170-super-plus-bb-sachet-pack-2-x-2g?sef=hfp
Just so you know if you're in the US you won't be able to order from that site since it's for Canadians. You'll need to order off www.skin79usa.com instead which is for US residents.

Thanks ladies, I looked at the USA site and was disappointed because I couldn't find the $1 sample pack on that site... so I tried purchasing the sample on the Canadian site to see if it would let me, and it let me check out with a US shipping address!  Maybe they ship samples to the US as well.  

My skin goes from medium tan in the summer to a lot paler in the winter so I look forward to trying the product out and seeing if it's too pale for me.  Seems like an interesting alternative to foundation, thanks for making the suggestion.

This site sells to US and Canada.  I don't know where you are getting that info that the samples are not available for delivery in US.  I just set shipping to a US address and it didn't reject the order.  

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just so you know if you're in the US you won't be able to order from that site since it's for Canadians. You'll need to order off www.skin79usa.com instead which is for US residents.

​

They changed it then because when I was going to order from them (a year ago, earlier this year?) the site would let me because I'm in the US. I was told to order off the USA site instead.

It does say north america and not US or Canada.  When you set up your account, it defaults to USA.  

SEPHORA brand is very yellow based...Even the 'fairest' is too yellow for me. MAC and bareMinerals also have some great yellow toned products. You could always try mixing as well, I've been wearing CoverGirl Clean mixed with Merle Norman Aquabalance because the CG is soooo white and the MN is a pinky yellow.
smiletongue.gif

Shiseido is known for having colors that complement skins with yellow undertones in it.

Back