Blush Mystery Box November 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, Blush. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  This box isn't very exciting.  They've changed a lot (and not for the better) since Target bought them out.  I cancelled just in time to avoid getting this month's box, but for months now, my two 'extra' samples have been Elta Md foil pouch and Cotz sunscreen.  Plus the contents are starting to feel repetitive (same brands, similar products, etc.).   

That Laura Gellar Silver Sands eye cream has been in two other boxes and while a pretty color, it creases like crazy.  The Jane Iredale is pretty, but not that wearable for me.  I can't help but wonder if there are just too many sub boxes now and they are having a harder time finding companies willing to cut a deal.   

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, Blush. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  This box isn't very exciting.  They've changed a lot (and not for the better) since Target bought them out.  I cancelled just in time to avoid getting this month's box, but for months now, my two 'extra' samples have been Elta Md foil pouch and Cotz sunscreen.  Plus the contents are starting to feel repetitive (same brands, similar products, etc.).   

That Laura Gellar Silver Sands eye cream has been in two other boxes and while a pretty color, it creases like crazy.  The Jane Iredale is pretty, but not that wearable for me.  I can't help but wonder if there are just too many sub boxes now and they are having a harder time finding companies willing to cut a deal.   
Yeah, this is likely one of my least favorite boxes.

Got only one foil packet for starters.  Then there was the, sort of, repeat hair stuff that even the person I gave the first one to didn't care for it.  Already gave away the two eye makeup tubes.  The eye cream is so tiny that I just threw it into a drawer to forget about.  How can you get a clue if you like something with a microscopic sample?

There were the two things I would use.  One was the hand cream and it really dried my hands out pretty bad.  Worst hand cream I ever used, and worse than dollar store generic whatever...  So that leaves me with one usable product that I will rarely use, the Chavetz mist.  I like fluffy and very full hair and leaves in work against this idea.

What a bummer month, between this and my accidental sample society box.  I hope Glossybox has a wonderful yearly deal for cyber Monday.

I just cancelled, too.  This is supposed to be fun and the last few boxes have not impressed me a bit - too utilitarian, IMHO.  If it starts getting exciting again I may re-sub but for now Birchbox, Glossybox and Boxycharm will keep me occupied.  Birchbox is the other that I probably won't renew after my Living Social deal is up.  We'll have to see how that one pans out...  :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

A lot of repeats this month. This was my favorite sub for awhile, but lately I'm not feeling that. I'm hoping for a good December.

This used to be one of my favorite subs  but I don't know if it's my own sub box overload or not but November's bag was very underwhelming.  I'm glad I cancelled and I was so hoping it would improve so I could re-up my sub.

Same here... both Blush and the New Beauty Test Tube were my #1 fave subs to get each month but both have completely gone downhill.  I remember last year around this time, I jumped on the mystery bags Blush had even though I knew some were repeats of monthly bags because I loved the items so much.  There's no way I would do that now.... sigh.

Back