Blush Mystery Box October 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do miss the old Blush Mystery before Target took over. My packages used to be so huge ! and it seemed I pulled out full size product after full sized product, Many boxes were over 200 dollars value

Well at least this month I love the cargo blush and the shampoo, nicely boxed, higher end products, I might give them as Christmas gifts, or tempted to keep.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well. Mine arrived today. And guess what? I was right, I do like this box. Well except for that blankety blank blank dry shampoo. Never use the stuff and I have enough to open a store.

The Cargo, Cable beach blush is tons darker than it appears on the Dermstore site. It really looked like this would be way too light. But if you equally use all 4 shades at one time, it is too dark for my light skin. So i will end up using more of the other three lighter colors. I do like this and am quite pleased to have gotten this. But, for that kind of money, you would think they would stick a piece of glass in the lid? True? Lol....

The Glytone seems nice, and I will give it an honest try. But any more, I am wondering if my temporary insane split from the strict old school was a mistake. What I was taught is that eye creams don't function as well as just an every day facial moisturizer. And guess what? My eye area is starting to look worse for wear from this deviation. Come on Glytone, prove you are not like the others!

Yeah another strivectin cream... Surprise.... Lol..... Always get a lot of this from everywhere. I will keep it in my car for an accidental, whoops I forgot my last layer kind of day. That's what i use all those tiny tubes for anymore. Too small for anything else. But when I have had larger tubes, this brand made my skin worse. They are wise to avoid larger tubes for this reason.

The shampoo.... I will hold my tongue on this for now. But the ticket is to not use a well known carcinogenic ingredient. Instead they use its little studied, very close cousin that no one knows much about. Cocamide DEA vs. Cocamide MEA.... You decide for yourself how you feel about this.. But I will also tell you this...

This ingredient may contain traces of Cocamide DEA, which according to the FDA may lead to the formation of carcinogenic nitrosamines.

The Center for Environmental Health has come forward and launched a lawsuit due to the mislabeling of Cocamide MEA and DEA. As a known carcinogen in the state of California, Cocamide DEA is often apparent in many shampoos claiming otherwise and is also often found in Cocamide MEA.

Products tested with high levels of cocamide DEA include shampoos made by Colgate Palmolive, Colomer, Paul Mitchell, and many others. In addition, products marketed for children and a product falsely labeled as organic were found with the chemical, in violation of California law.
http://www.morroccomethod.com/blog/cocamide-mea-in-shampoos/
But what I can tell you is that this is not much different than your five and dime shampoo. Everyone adds a touch of something to core ingredients to make it special. In this case, it is dates.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was very excited for the shampoo until u realized it contains sulfates, which I can't use on my hair. Sigh....

Got mine yesterday, and I also liked it.  Made me feel a little guilty for unsubbing, but it's for the best right now. 

I use dry shampoo to an extent because I'm a co-washer and from time to time need it. 

The sulfates in the Klorane are fine too since I only shampoo my hair on occasion, a few sulfates here and there won't hurt it that bad!  Plus that bottle will last me forever!  (I wouldn't mind a full sized conditioner from Blush though.) 

The Cargo is a beautiful color, wasn't too dark for me... I tan so it was fine. 

There was more StriVectin than I had anticipated, and golly it felt nice after I put it on... I really think it's something my mother would enjoy so I'm considering buying the full size for her for Christmas.  She REALLY enjoys getting presents like that.

I put a little Glytone on last night and this morning.  I haven't noticed any difference yet... Then again I don't have any wrinkles, I primarily use creams on my face because I do tan about three months out of each year, can't help trying to prevent!

Anyway, it was actually a good box and I will probably resub eventually.

I saw the spoilers and didn't really think much of this months box. But after receiving it and going through it I now feel OK about it. I like the Strivectin, and hope to get more of it in the future. I also like the Glytone eye cream, which is not a repeat for me so I'm happy to get it. The cargo is darker than the pics show, so it actually works for me. I'm on the fence about the Klorane shampoo. And the Batiste dry shampoo? I'm tired of seeing dry shampoos in subs. At least 1-3 a month. Every. Month.

I'm not crazy about this month's box either. I had a cargo blush and gave it away because its too sparkly for my taste. I cancelled. Anyone want my box?

Back