Bobbi Brown says, "Translucent powders are..." Do you agree?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it all depends on the person's undertones... I have yellow undertones myself, so it'll look okay on me. I do know yellow concealer helps with dark circles as it neutralizes the bluish-black coloring...

i disagree. i think powders work differently for evryone, but translucent powders are more workable than a yellow based powder. i mean, if we're talking about everyone.

Well, I have heard that the majority of women do have yellow undertones so it would probably look good on them... However, I have super-pale skin with pink undertones (I basically have skin like a redhead, even though I'm a blonde), and even the very lightest, sheerest yellow powders and foundations just mix with my pink undertones and look orange on me! I have recently switched to translucent powder and cool-toned foundation and concealor, and it looks soooo much better than the yellow stuff I used to wear!

what i would like to know is why she put a pure WHITE powder underneith her creamy concealor in porceline compact if she feels that way about translucent powder! has anyone seen that stuff?! i might as well powder my undereye area in baby powder!

i do sort of agree with what she says about yellow undertones...but not entirely. I don't wear a foundation and i use loreal true match in the lightest color of the neutral. it does it's job of erasing shine and blends in well, which is all i want. but i would be interested in trying one of bobbi brown's yellow undertone powders to see the difference it makes. i have her book and i love it!

i prefer powders with color in them. translucent powder does not look right on me

What she said is really debatable...I, somehow, agree w/ her as I've yellow undertone and it works on me.

Oops! Sorry, Bobbi. I still adore your book, but...

I'm loving Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder and Pressed Setting Powder. I've been using the Translucent Loose Setting Powder to set up my makeup application (per LM's instruction). After my makeup application is complete, I dust a little Loose Setting Powder (in Ivory) with a Stila #8 to the flat surfaces of the face - sides of cheeks, center of forehead, nose & tip of chin (also per LM's instruction).

Back