Burnt my face - Vaseline?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a chemical peel burn and I used Cocoa Butter and witch hazel and my skin looked great healed rapidly ( like 2 days) eveything was fone back to normal and better than before. But you have to check that the cocoa butter is 100%!!! ( no chemicals added)

A few months back I burned my face with the darn curling iron. Accidentally touched my cheek for a split second and left a nice 1/2in long scorch mark. On top of that I had latin skin that pigments easily at any injury. I mean 6mos of dark spots for every zit. The first thing I did was slather it in fresh aloe vera from my plant and reapply that throughout the day. Once the pain was gone I put camellia oil on it. This spot faded completely within 6 weeks as opposed to the usual 6mos so I'm not sure if it was the aloe or the camellia oil but since the camellia oil helped fade my acne spots it probably helped my scorch mark too.

Originally Posted by mom2eloise /img/forum/go_quote.gif A few months back I burned my face with the darn curling iron. Accidentally touched my cheek for a split second and left a nice 1/2in long scorch mark. On top of that I had latin skin that pigments easily at any injury. I mean 6mos of dark spots for every zit. The first thing I did was slather it in fresh aloe vera from my plant and reapply that throughout the day. Once the pain was gone I put camellia oil on it. This spot faded completely within 6 weeks as opposed to the usual 6mos so I'm not sure if it was the aloe or the camellia oil but since the camellia oil helped fade my acne spots it probably helped my scorch mark too. I scar so easily too, every pimple leaves a really bad scar on my face. I ordered some Camellia oil a while ago, I'm just waiting for it to reach. Can't wait to try it. Thanks!

I would have to agree with Aloe Vera also. I have had things like this happen and it works well.

I have to confess that I also burned my face off with a self induced chemical peel. Thekey is to leave it as instructed only 2 minutes on your face. I burned my cheek off and it's red and it won't go away for 2 months. Tried everything, cocoa butter, Vit E. and there is hypopigmentation left over. I went to Derm which they dont know what they talking about either. So I have to look for my own remedy.

Please try emu oil. It will heal it fast and prevent scarring better than cocoa, jojoba, or shea. Personal experience.

10.gif
It is painful it feels like it is burning in the beginning. NOw no pain just it looks like a deep red burn, and it is has a layer of tough skin, like I want it to scab off but it won't. This is what makes it look scarred. If the top layer peeled off, then the new baby skin would show up. NOthing I have tried has been able to peel it.

Where in New York can I get Emu oil? I have spent so much money already, in numerous from expensive, DDF, Murad creams for lightening the scar, to cheapy ones and nothing is working. Just hope it does not turn permanently scarred. Painful and expensive, not to mention the stares of people in the street. I caught people looking at me.. haha. I look at the pictures of before this, and I get so upset.

Doctor said to use hydroquinone. I'm gonna try the cream and get back to you guys in a week or so...maybe there might be some progress.

Originally Posted by vanilla_sky /img/forum/go_quote.gif I had terrible, chronic problem with chapped skin around my lips (not just lips, all around them, up to my nose!
10.gif
) and a pharmacist told me to use Aquaphor. It worked wonders, and I tried so many things before! It has 41% Petrolatum though. I don't know if it would be good for this kind of damage, but you could try if it works on a small area of your skin.
Eucerin

I totally agree on the Aquaphor - I'm using a combination of this alternating with aloe vera gel on my chemically-burned chin (caused by over-enthusiastic hair removal attempt....details on another thread). I hadn't thought about the emu oil, but I'll try that too since I have a vial of it. The worst part of the burn is the "weeping" of the skin - it's either crusted over or slick & wet where the skin is trying to heal itself. Too bad I'm not a millionairess and can't go to a spa in the mountains and hide out until I heal....instead, I went to work today and had to try to explain to a room full of 4-year-olds why my chin was red....not fun!
I was in a fair amount of pain all through the night last night (I did this to myself yesterday evening), and it's just my chin. I can't imagine the pain you're felling with it all over your face - ouch! Get better soon!

Originally Posted by chinadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif Doctor said to use hydroquinone. I'm gonna try the cream and get back to you guys in a week or so...maybe there might be some progress. beautynista, china doll, hang in there ... whatever you do though don't be in a rush for the new skin, let it all eventually slough off naturally you don't want to lose any pigmentation.
i dumbly burned my whole face once, i was cooking brandy w/ brie cheese in the oven too high a temp. opened the oven door and BANG, it combused, loudest snap and the biggest blue ball of fire you've ever seen, ring around my hairline all burned, eyelashes & brows gone and second to almost third degree burn on my nose. went right to the doc, lived with triple action polysporin on my face caked on and especially on my nose for about three weeks. everybody at work thought i was a lunatic and people stared at me on the street however, thanks to that it actually healed perfectly the doc was so surprised that my nose returned to normal. i no longer cook w/ alcohol and i no longer stick my face in the oven as soon as I open up the door, i open it from the side,very very slowly and peek in. triple action polysporin was a lifesaver

for all of you looking for shea butter / emu oil, i've been buying a mix of the two (with pure vit. e) off this lady on ebay, very happy w/ the results, its very moisturizing:

eBay Store - Sher Essence Natural Beauty: Grade A Virgin Shea Butter:

i found it wetted / moisturized my skin way more than I needed over time so now i am using it around my eyes at night only and also on my eyebrows. for some reason it makes my eyebrow hair grow quickly which is a bonus. Emu oil apparently penetrates all seven layers of the skin ...

Originally Posted by beautynista /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks everyone for all your recs!
smile.gif
I'm going to stay away from Vaseline. As for aloe, it turns out the aloe vera gel i have has alcohol in it, and so does my witch hazel. I need to get myself some jojoba oil. I used some Eucerin on my burns and its working pretty well. Jen, i'm going to check that Aveeno moisturizer, looks good!
g.gif

Hi,
I hope it's all better now.
icon14.gif

wow..now an update on me. I have dark spots where I burned my face. I spent easily like 300.00 on prescription and over the counter products. Nothing is lightening them up, and they look darker. yikes

it may take some time before they disappear, but i'm sure they will. i burn my hands almost every time time i cook, so i use a sunburn cream(actually this cream is for all kinds of burns, but mostly for sunburns). i burnt my face a few times too and it worked great on my skin. vaseline, jojoba oil, shea butter and cocoa butter are also great.

i also advise you to stay at home (if you can) until your face is healed.

Oops! I haven't seen many of the replies on this page. Thanks everyone for your responses!

Originally Posted by AngelaGM /img/forum/go_quote.gif I really hope you feel better soon and that you are not in any pain... Thank you!

Originally Posted by Becka /img/forum/go_quote.gif beautynista, china doll, hang in there ... whatever you do though don't be in a rush for the new skin, let it all eventually slough off naturally you don't want to lose any pigmentation.
i dumbly burned my whole face once, i was cooking brandy w/ brie cheese in the oven too high a temp. opened the oven door and BANG, it combused, loudest snap and the biggest blue ball of fire you've ever seen, ring around my hairline all burned, eyelashes & brows gone and second to almost third degree burn on my nose. went right to the doc, lived with triple action polysporin on my face caked on and especially on my nose for about three weeks. everybody at work thought i was a lunatic and people stared at me on the street however, thanks to that it actually healed perfectly the doc was so surprised that my nose returned to normal. i no longer cook w/ alcohol and i no longer stick my face in the oven as soon as I open up the door, i open it from the side,very very slowly and peek in. triple action polysporin was a lifesaver

for all of you looking for shea butter / emu oil, i've been buying a mix of the two (with pure vit. e) off this lady on ebay, very happy w/ the results, its very moisturizing:

eBay Store - Sher Essence Natural Beauty: Grade A Virgin Shea Butter:

i found it wetted / moisturized my skin way more than I needed over time so now i am using it around my eyes at night only and also on my eyebrows. for some reason it makes my eyebrow hair grow quickly which is a bonus. Emu oil apparently penetrates all seven layers of the skin ...

Good God, that's terrible!! The one thing I hate about Polysporin is the fact that it does not absorb into my skin, it just sits on top of it. I don't have any Emu Oil so I just used 100% aloe vera gel and over time it healed.
Thanks a lot for your advice!

I actually had the same problem from waxing. I used Neosporin also, it's pretty much the same thing as vaseline but helps with the healing, I never broke out from it, and I have acne prone skin. I think you should give it a try.

Let your skin rejuvenate naturally, I would just advice you to use pure Aloe Vera gel and nothing else... Don't use any products for lets say 2 weeks so your skin regenerates... Then start next skin care routine but be more careful this time
smile.gif

Back