Canadian subscription boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by jallu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is anyone going to wait for a refund or are you going a head with a credit card dispute?? I'm not sure what to do.
Why wait? I went ahead and a contacted my credit card co. I told them they I didn't receive what I paid for and got my credit back. No hassles. Let your credit card co. deal with the red tape.

I just checked my credit card statement and a refund was processed and went through on May 31st. I'm actually quite surprised. Also relieved it's done and I don't need to deal with the bank.

I just checked my credit card statement and a refund was processed and went through on May 31st. I'm actually quite surprised. Also relieved it's done and I don't need to deal with the bank.
I'm glad they did that right then instead of the glymm mess. Topbox and luxe box seem to be doing fine (fingers crossed that's true) but I'm getting a bit tired of all the prive boxes. I see luxebox seems to be going that route too. I kinda wish they'd go back to just one. Then I don't second guess myself!

Good glad it was processed! Time to move on. To what I'm not sure? Sub. boxes come and go so much lately. I understand it's not the most sustainable business, but how some of these companies deal with their customers when going out of business is unacceptable.

Originally Posted by girlmeetsbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Good glad it was processed! Time to move on. To what I'm not sure? Sub. boxes come and go so much lately. I understand it's not the most sustainable business, but how some of these companies deal with their customers when going out of business is unacceptable.
I think the companies that have boxes and also run a store will do better in the long run and make more sense.

I've gotten Beautyfix for 3 years now and used to get the SkincareRX Beauty Cache that they just paused or stopped in Nov.

They used to ship their bag everywhere but you paid actual shipping.

And you got a coupon for your next store purchase too. it was not the cheapest though as bags were $20-35 plus shipping.

I hope they bring them back sometime....

Luxe Box is really irritating me right now. They are following Topbox's idea and giving the option to swap out your regular box for an "upgraded" box. OK, that is a fine idea.  However, not only are the alternative boxes not great, they come with an additional charge of 5 or 10 bucks!  I am already paying over $25.00. I think that is sufficient.

What do you girls think?

Originally Posted by glitteraddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Luxe Box is really irritating me right now. They are following Topbox's idea and giving the option to swap out your regular box for an "upgraded" box. OK, that is a fine idea.  However, not only are the alternative boxes not great, they come with an additional charge of 5 or 10 bucks!  I am already paying over $25.00. I think that is sufficient.

What do you girls think?
I was tempted to upgrade, but yeah having to pay extra really turned me off. I'm fine with keeping the regular box. It'll be my last box anyway.

I was tempted to upgrade, but yeah having to pay extra really turned me off. I'm fine with keeping the regular box. It'll be my last box anyway.
I stuck with the regular. The upgrades were too pricey! Drives me nuts. When it starts getting that expensive I figure I should just save my money on boxes and buy what I really want. This is my last luxe box too. I just hope it doesn't suck with all the upgrade choices.

Has anyone else noticed a DRAMATIC increase in the amount of junk e-mail they're getting lately?  This time last year no junk mail would get past my filters, and now I sometimes get ten spam messages a day.   It started within a month of Glymm going out of business, and I'm wondering if they might have sold their subscriber lists to sketchy advertisers.

YES!  Granted, I don't subscribe to Canadian subs but I have about 15 US-shipping subs.  Over the last 2-3 weeks I've been getting an insane amount of spam and I can NOT figure out why!

Taking a break from all subscription boxes for now. I'm going to work on using up some of my collection, and giving away the stuff I'll never use, which is a lot.

I've received a LOT of hair oils. As someone with more than enough natural oil in my hair, I don't care to add more. so, I put it on my FEET.

I mixed it in with my foot cream and it worked amazingly well -haha

Taking a break from all subscription boxes for now. I'm going to work on using up some of my collection, and giving away the stuff I'll never use, which is a lot.

I've received a LOT of hair oils. As someone with more than enough natural oil in my hair, I don't care to add more. so, I put it on my FEET.

I mixed it in with my foot cream and it worked amazingly well -haha
You could prob use it on your hands or as cuticle oil too.

or prob also as shaving oil- I see so many companies have "shaving oil" now.

I think if I have any conditioner I really hate I wll use it as shaving cream.

I also used some body wash I hated as hand soap....had run out of hand soap here and thought why not, it is soap also!

I'd say for myself I've used at least half the samples I've gotten in one way or another- but at the store here it is hard to resist the cheap sale shelf, even when I do not need anything.

-like Fekkai  hair cream large size for $3 or set of 2 full size opi polish for $3...

I did get some expensive vitamins I use for $2 instead of $20 and they expire in a year... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

After I quit a sub box, I begin cyber-stalking it by watching You tube videos of "unboxings". Just to see if I am missing out on anything cool. I cannot stop myself.

After I quit a sub box, I begin cyber-stalking it by watching You tube videos of "unboxings". Just to see if I am missing out on anything cool. I cannot stop myself.
Lol,

I am doing the same to see what I miss. 

I do not want to get any more subs for now- I've spent too much on "random stuff" online- mostly items I need.

Also some home items were more expensive than expected- my air conditioner broke and I waited 2+ weeks to fix it (wasn't sure it was broken..still kind of worked).

But then it completely stopped and was 30+ indoors and horrible.

Cost $300 to fix.

So only box stalking for me....

I just got off the waitlist for Topbox so will get November as my first. I have Ipsy, Julep, and Bondi currently.

Ipsy is fine. Julep, I've been skipping as I'm not feeling the value. Bondi is a start-up so having some teething issues but I think they'll be ok.

Looking forward to Topbox next month!

Quote: Originally Posted by Rubybeach /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi,

Just wondering if everyone is still enjoying Topbox? I'm on the waiting list.
Yes,

I'm mostly pleased with their boxes.

I don't do the Prive boxes as they do not interest me.

But so far have been getting Topbox since they first started and mostly pleased with the items I get.

It is resonable for what you get.

Customer service has been very helpful too if I had any issues (so far one prob with a code on their site, maybe one damaged item...)

Back