Castor oil for longer lashes? Has anyone had success with this?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have used it and it works incredibly well, on the eyebrows too.  To prevent discomfort on my eyes, I apply eyedrops like 5 minutes before I brush on the castor oil and I find it makes all the difference.

Hope that helps :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yeah it works wonder for my hair! I've always wanted longer and THICKER lashes so I use that mixed with a bit of coconut oil. Castor oil is a bit too drying alone. I also use that for my oil cleansing routine too! It helps remove a lot gunk in my pores. If I want even more lashes...I usually like to slap on a pair of my fav ESQIDO mink lashes in Oh So Sweet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Ladies.

Why isn't anyone talking about Latisse? It seems so much easier to spend the $125 on something that appears to work consistently, rather than applying castor oil or coconut oil nightly.  I have to imagine those oils could irritate the eyes, right?

I have ok eyelashes, so I haven't used Latisse or castor oil, but I would love to know if any of you have tried both. Which one did you prefer?

Thanks to anyone who shares and Happy Valentine's Day
inlove.gif

-JO

I have tried it but with no luck. It just did not give me the look that I wanted of thicker, longer lashes.  Maybe I did not do it long enough?

I prefer to use coconut oil personally, it smells lovely and it so much cleaner-feeling and is non-comedogenic and anti-bacterial. Plus it acts as a sunscreen as well. I basically use it to remove all my mascara and at the same time it conditions my lashes (it gets off all makeup and waterproof mascara and eyeliner as well).

as far as I know length of your eye lashed is determined by your genes, so I highly doubt castor or some other oil can make them longer. However, since oils have conditioning properties, they may improve overall appearance of eye lashes.

U need to be careful with that, some people gets great results and others (alergic) may loose the lashes. No ones wants that. 

I fake my lashes using a really good mascara,i use Benefit mascara, it costs about 25$ and it is really good!!!

I love Castor oil for my lashes. It makes them so thick and long. The only thing is when they get to the length and thickness I like I use it every other night instead. My lashes were looking really fake and ridiculous at one point so I had to back off. I've also used careprost (generic latisse) on my lashes with excellent results. However, they weren't as dramatic, it doesn't do as much for thickness, and it's more expensive. So for me, I prefer Castor oil, but if you don't get results from it, careprost/latisse is your next best bet.

(Hey Ladies.

Why isn't anyone talking about Latisse? It seems so much easier to spend the $125 on something that appears to work consistently, rather than applying castor oil or coconut oil nightly.  I have to imagine those oils could irritate the eyes, right?

I have ok eyelashes, so I haven't used Latisse or castor oil, but I would love to know if any of you have tried both. Which one did you prefer?)

Hi there, I've tried Latisse and although it does grow longer, thicker lashes, the side effects can be bad and outweigh the benefit - for me.

First, it's expensive.  $125 for a couple months' worth of Latisse.  That's after you go to the dermatologist and pay a copay there, to obtain an Rx.

It can change your eye color.  Mainly in light eyed people, however, I have green-gold-brown hazel eyes and it darkened mine to more brown than green-gold.

It darkened the skin around my eyes. My upper lids got a reddish-brown hue to them and under my eyes, along the rim as well.  Darker pigmented skin around my eyes is the last thing I wanted.  I ended up using lots of concealer to hide it - and that makes me look older and more wrinkled - LoL.

It stops working if you stop using it, your lashes return to their normal state, so you have to keep paying the high price for it to keep up the long lashes.  Luckily for me, my eye color did eventually fade a little, as did the darkened skin around my eyelids. 

I used it for about a year and decided the pros didn't outnumber the cons.

And here's the main reason I cannot endorse Latisse:  I used it from December 2009 until about November 2010.  In May of 2011, I was diagnosed with cataracts at age 43.  I'd never had any evidence of cataracts before and i had an aggressive form of it and was legally blind in one eye by January 2013.

I just had my lens replaced in my left eye and will be getting a new one in my right eye soon.  My optometrist said it's not connected because Latisse was developed from glaucoma medication, but my ophthalmologist surgeon finds it interesting and made sure it was noted in my chart.  I find the coincidence intriguing.

So now that I have had cataract surgery and am having Lasik surgery next week to correct the astigmatism caused from that surgery, I'm told that Dry Eye Sydrom is common in most patients after these two surgeries.  I found that organic cold pressed castor oil in the eyes can relieve dry eyes and grow longer, thicker lashes.

Hii Guys..i'm trying this castor oil for my eyelashes..and it has been probably 4 days and i noticed that my lashes fell out too..but i'm not to sure...i'm still going to go with it for 3 weeks and see what happens!!! Some people will claim that this is ridiculous, but they have neither tried it nor understand why it works... The reason why it works is that nearly not any eyelashes have grown to their maximum length and thickness. Castor oil just ensures that they grow all the way.

Know more about Does Castor Oil Help Eyelashes Grow that will certainly help you!!!

To get longer eyelashes you can also apply vaseline on your eyelashes before going to bed. Leave it for overnight rinse off next morning with lukewarm water.After few months, you’ll notice longer and more beautiful eyelashes.

I usually put it on my lashes before bed, after taking eye makeup off and although to say they've been longer would be jumping the gun bc growth like that takes time to see. I would say they have been softer and make putting on mascara a breeze therefore making them look longer and fuller. 

You can also try mixing castor oil with coconut oil and a little bit of avocado oil to make it more effective

I've checked out a lot of reviews with castor oil and found many positive and nnegative reviews... If your using cold pressed castor oil keep in mind if you have sensitive skin you may want to mix it with almond oil just so that your lashes and skin remain soft and conditioned. I did come across in my findings because castor oil is so potent with various nutritional properties it can irritate the skin around the eyelid. Hope this tip helps.

Castor oil is too thick for me and after reading enspirebeauty's post I am glad that I decided to use Vit E oil on eyebrows and they are thicker thank goodness. Now I will mix it with argan oil & start on eyelashes.

I use castor oil as a cleanser and since I've been doing that I must say my eyelashes look longer! So i'd say yes, it works :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I only believe the beauty, hair and skincare products by HL as they are natural and herbal. And yes, there is no side-effect of using these products. I am using them from some years and so far I am happy with the results.

Back