Circular Swap Round 3-Box 5

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by bluelion /img/forum/go_quote.gif .....One observation is that there are more lip glosses and mascaras than I was expecting, or at least relative to the first swap I was in. However, none are sealed, so I have to assume they've been tested or swatched at some point, clean as some of them look. Jenna, if there are still a lot left by the time it gets back to you, I'd consider tossing them rather than having them circulate again in a future round. ...
I agree with this.  Does anyone know what condition these items could possibly be in?  Should they be removed now? I'm not sure how you could even sanitize these items...

Originally Posted by wagz379 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree with this.  Does anyone know what condition these items could possibly be in?  Should they be removed now? I'm not sure how you could even sanitize these items...
My opinion is take/trust at your own risk. Mascaras and lipglosses in my sample boxes have rarely been sealed. If you don't want them, don't take them, but don't throw it out because someone else might not care.Of course, that is how I look at everything in these boxes.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My opinion is take/trust at your own risk. Mascaras and lipglosses in my sample boxes have rarely been sealed. If you don't want them, don't take them, but don't throw it out because someone else might not care.Of course, that is how I look at everything in these boxes.
smile.gif
That's fair. You're right, someone else might want them and it is easy enough to just not take it. I definitely don't think anything should be removed at least till the end (unless it's due to damage) but I guess my other concern was that certain items might still be floating around unwanted and adding unnecessary bulk to the box indefinitely. For what it's worth, I'm personally comfortable with the final recipient of any of these boxes weeding through and perhaps tossing items as they see fit. Especially since it seems like most of the items in this particular box were already leftovers. Anyway, hope I'm not coming off like I'm telling you how to run this or anything, just wanted to add my input!

Most of those lippies and whatnot added by Sarah came from the last round I participated in. There was a mix, but I don't recall the mascaras or most lippies being used/swatched. If they were, they arrived marked or in a bag marked as such. Maybe whoever has the box can reorganize and sort the items into baggies before sending on to the next person? If it looks used, separate into a bag and unused into another?

Sarahm packed everything nicely into multiple mesh bags (not sure if it was already like that, but if not, nice touch). When it got to me, I reorganized it mostly into like items (lip, face, eyes) in the same bags, but nothing came labeled, so it was hard to say for sure what was swatched/used and what wasn't. There were just so many items that it felt overwhelming, and I was only 3rd! Now I'm quite curious to see what it ends up looking like at the end.

Lol, sooo many things to choose from. It can be a little overwhelming; I didn't know where to start when the box arrived in my hands on the other swap thread!

Hey there,

Just wanted to let you guys know that I got the box today and boy is it big.  I can't go through it today/tomorrow because I'm busy with school/work but will do over the weekend.  I'll take pictures and ship it out on Monday!  

Hey guys,

Sorry I got back from work too late to mail it out today so I'll be mailing the box out tomorrow, will update this post with pictures tomorrow.

Edit: Pictures and I'm going to the PO to mail it out now.

In the box...  I forgot the 2 dry shampoo bottles

What I added

What I took out...

I just opened the box. I work all day tomorrow, so I'll be shipping it out on Monday. Pictures coming shortly.

What I put in:

What I took out:

I reorganized some of the stuff into the two makeup bags I added and used some packing tape and bubble wrap to wrap the nail polish a little more securely. There was a green Bon Bon eyeshadow with a busted lid, so I tossed that along with a dried out Physician's Formula mascara. I also had to toss out a cute MyGlam cosmetic bag as well as a purple loose mineral eyeshadow. The lid had come unscrewed and the purple shadow was all over inside of the cosmetic bag. I'm going include a couple coupons from my  Covergirl BzzAgent Campaign just in case anyone is interested.

So I received the box last night and will go through it some time today. It's jammed full of stuff! I'll post pictures over the weekend and get this box out on Monday.

I'm so glad it showed up. Sometimes I get a little nervous when I ship packages around the holidays. 

Here's what I ended up taking. It turned out to be mostly haircare. My boyfriend spotted the Chella eye pads and wanted to use those on himself, lol.

And here's what I added. Most everything is brand new, unswatched, including the nailpolish and lipgloss. The only thing I swatched was the pixi lipstick and I spritzed all the fragrances once to try them. There are also a couple of feminine products that came in a blissmo box that I didnt need, but maybe someone wants to try them. I included a more detailed note for suennotto.

Thanks a lot everyone! Looking forward to the next go-around.

Originally Posted by Cathie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When are the next sign ups? And is their a different thread to sign up?
Not sure when the next sign ups will start, it depends on when this round finishes and I need a break for a few weeks before I organize the next round.

A new thread will be posted. Keep an eye on this group! I'm thinking it will probably be late January-early February, depending on how the last few boxes that are still out go.

I received the box today!  I'll post photos later but other posters were right, it is huge!

Back