Cocoa Butter as a facial moisturizer??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't do it. I tried cocoa butter alone and shea butter alone before. Two words....pizza face. I knew better. I can't use any moisturizer w/ either one of those ingredients. That's just me. I have normal combination type skin with no acne issues. Try at your own risk.

Hi Jennifer,

Cocoa butter could clog your pores because it contains an extremely small molecular structure. Although cocoa butter may not be effective in eliminating wrinkles and lines, it is still popular among people because of its reasonable price, soft texture and sweet fragrance. It is always used by people with dry skin. So you may also find it helpful as a facial moisturizer too.

Iris

I used cocoa butter on my face, along with other women in my family. I am Puerto Rican and Sicilian so my skin isn't dry but I use it more for keeping away some dryness as well as clearing up blemishes and uneven tone or marks. I find it works wonderfully and haven't had complaints from others I know who do this. I shower and use my Clarisonic Mia 2 with a facial cleanser and then after I put on the cocoa butter. Hope this helps!

Cocoa butter doesn't moisturize, it seals in moisture - natural moisture from your skin. So when you drink water it prevents it from all evaporating through your pores!

Most of the body's sweat glands are found on the head, face, neck and back and so we lose the most moisture through the face. Cocoa butter is great to use at night. Just take a small amount, rub it inbetween the palms until its warm and then rub it on the face after you have moisturized. Its GREAT for lips during the day and keeps them really soft :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Okay, so I created an account JUST to answer this thread - that's how much I believe in and/or rave about Cocoa Butter as a facial moisturizer!

For a little perspective: I am 18 years old with extremely oily, very pale skin that is mildly sensitive and prone to break-outs. I have light acne (little bumps concentrated on my forehead and chin at the moment) but most products that are said to be "very harsh" do not even FAZE my skin or make me dry out.

I typically use my Clarisonic Mia 2 every night, but a sunburn left my skin vulnerable so I tried out a new routine temporarily; in a pinch, I grabbed some Queen Hellen's Cocoa Butter from my closet, put it on my face, and hoped for the best overnight. I woke with AMAZINGLY SOFT AND SMOOTH skin! The texture was incredible, and I (surprisingly) was NOT oily! And even though I've only been using it for a few nights, I think it is improving my skin evenness and acne!

This is what I've been doing if anyone is interested:

- Washing face with Clearasil's Rapid Action Daily Gel Wash

- Waiting 3-5 minutes to let that dry

- Applying generous amount of Cocoa Butter Lotion (at Walmart for $2-3!) to stay on overnight

When you wake up in the morning, wash your face to remove any excess CB and go on with your makeup - which, by the way, is going on BETTER because of the CB! It's worked like a charm, I highly recommend this routine!

Originally Posted by miszjeana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I used cocoa butter on my face, along with other women in my family. I am Puerto Rican and Sicilian so my skin isn't dry but I use it more for keeping away some dryness as well as clearing up blemishes and uneven tone or marks. I find it works wonderfully and haven't had complaints from others I know who do this. I shower and use my Clarisonic Mia 2 with a facial cleanser and then after I put on the cocoa butter. Hope this helps!
^^This!!!

I am an African American woman that has oily skin. I use cocoa butter daily. Like Miszjeana said above, it works wonders with uneven tones and scars and marks. I too use my Mia 2 up to three- four times a week. I use black soap every day and in the evening I use cocoa butter as a night time moisturizer.

Love black soap! Bought a massive chunk of it that I just cut big hunks off as needed.

I have mildly oily skin on my face and have noticed that my body was getting a little dry lately. I started putting cocoa butter (hand and body) all over my body after I got out of the shower and once I was finished I used the remaining amount on my hands for my face. I was nervouse that I would break out since I have these large poors on my face, but I have not had anything pop up yet, Thank God. I think it might also be because I wash my face before prayer (I am Muslim and we pray 5 times a day). Usually it is just damponing my face with my fingertips and wiping it softly. I also do not wear any foundation (only eye makeup). Maybe the mix of putting on the lotion, but keeping it light and gradually having it come off during the day, finishing up the day with washing my face with apricot scrub and a face pad, has brought me to the balance of having very soft, moisturized skin. I would not reccommend it to anyone who does not "freshen up" their face druing the day because that may be too heavy to wear all day. Also, I have notived that the little spots that I have had from previous break outs are fading!!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My face has been unusually dry this winter and I've tried several different moisturizers.... but the best has been Palmer's Coco Butter...I've been using it for several weeks (only at night...I use my regular moisturizer under make-up)  with no breakouts at all.. ..may not use it after the weather warms up...but for now it's doing a great job....

Back