Concealer: before or after foundation?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to add my two cents, I always add concealer after foundation... It tends to run away if I add it before the foundation, plus I can see where it needs to go, and where the foundation didn't cover if I apply it afterwards...

Try using a concealer brush and blending the concealer into the skin, that might help disguise it more... Or you mgiht even try mixing the concealer with your foundation to see if that makes the color match your skin a bit better...

Originally Posted by MACGoddess Just to add my two cents, I always add concealer after foundation... It tends to run away if I add it before the foundation, plus I can see where it needs to go, and where the foundation didn't cover if I apply it afterwards...
Try using a concealer brush and blending the concealer into the skin, that might help disguise it more... Or you mgiht even try mixing the concealer with your foundation to see if that makes the color match your skin a bit better...

Thanks!!! I never thought that if I put the concealer before the foundation it tends to run away!!! Maybe I 'll have to think buying brush for the concealer! Which one do you use??

I use it after.. but i have 2 different concealers. One for under-eye which would be a shade lighter & one for spots which is around the same colour as my skin tone
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Laura I use it after.. but i have 2 different concealers. One for under-eye which would be a shade lighter & one for spots which is around the same colour as my skin tone
smile.gif
Oh so does everyone do that? Use 2 different concealers? I was actually wondering about that. So should I be using 2 shades, 1 for eyes and 1 for face blemishes?

I use my concealer after my foundation as i find i tend to use less.

Originally Posted by Arielle oh really? you´re supposed to use color corrector then concealer then foundation? I`ll try that tomorrow (I usually apply the foundation first, then color corrector, then concealer)

thanks for the tip...btw, do they recommend to do this on BB´s website?

When i got the BB concealer kit, i was told by the BB MA to do it the same way as you Andrea - foundation first and the corrector and concealer.It's weird how different MA's for the same company tell you to do different things!!

Originally Posted by greeneyedangel Oh so does everyone do that? Use 2 different concealers? I was actually wondering about that. So should I be using 2 shades, 1 for eyes and 1 for face blemishes? i do. i have a lighter one for the blemishes and one thats more like my skintone for under my eyes. if i put the light one under my eyes it looks wrong and if i put the darker one on my blemishes they stand out more! oh and i always put them on after foundation.

Originally Posted by Bhav When i got the BB concealer kit, i was told by the BB MA to do it the same way as you Andrea - foundation first and the corrector and concealer.It's weird how different MA's for the same company tell you to do different things!!

That is strange! I think I will try it the way you guys do it, I'm curious to see the results. I sure have learned alot from you girlies in the past few months :icon_love

Originally Posted by greeneyedangel That is strange! I think I will try it the way you guys do it, I'm curious to see the results. I sure have learned alot from you girlies in the past few months :icon_love I tried corrector-concealer-foundation today....I couldn´t see much of a difference on the effect. other than I wiped a bit of the concealer away by applying foundation (although I was careful). but the color match seemed better

Originally Posted by Arielle I tried corrector-concealer-foundation today....I couldn´t see much of a difference on the effect. other than I wiped a bit of the concealer away by applying foundation (although I was careful). but the color match seemed better When I apply the foundation on top I don't use the brush, I just use my finger and kind of pat it on and then spread it lightly with my fingers. You could even use a wedge sponge too to pat it on. After that I apply the transulent powder.

Back