Dark Hair With Fair Skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like dark chocolatey shades like the "Espresso" one on that site. I'm really not a fan of Feria, but that shade is pretty. If you weren't born with black hair, most times it won't look right on you. Especially 'dyed' black. Sometimes its SO black that it looks incredibly fake. And yes, brown-black is more flattering than blue-black. Most people look better with a dark brown than a black. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm very fair and I have naturally dark brown hair,so I think it shouldn't be a problem,it might only take some time do adjust:)

I have light skin and bright sky blue eyes, and just last night dyed my naturally ash/blonde hair (Garnier 100% color #562) Bright Auburn Brown... i love it!!! I would say the only thing you need to worry about is the color of your eyebrows. if they're thin, a pencil the same tone would work, but if you have thicker (the newest trend)... consider before you change your haircolor!!!

okay so which drugstore brands are the best for dark hair color? i heard one for garnier 100% right?!

yes- atleast garnier gives lots of REALLY awesome conditioner, so you're hair will look amazing in between colors!

That's funny because I just did this and so many people have said wow, your complexion really jumps out with that hair color! So I would say go for it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You can kinda see in my avatar...all though you haven't seen me with light hair. Oh well

wow! you can tell! it looks great. what did you use? i hopefully will be doing this this coming weekend :]

Gorgeous! I think you're my long lost twin... (ill post pictures ASAP!) :laughno:

I like the Garnier 100%... seems to be one of the longest lasting home-colors I've tried. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And I agree w/ the eyebrows... I really wouldn't let them become too drastically different from you hair without having them dyed as well. I dunno, personally I don't like that look of blonde hair w/ black brows, or black hair with blonde brows.. etc. It's just kinda screams, HEY I DYE MY HAIR!!!! And it never really looks very complimenting when you look at the entire face. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hmm, I can't remember what I used. I'll have to go find the number I cut out from the box...good thing I kept that. I'll get back to you...

I was scared that my eyebrows would be too light, because I'm naturally a blonde, but they matched perfectly. I guess I had dark eyebrows for a blonde.

Back