• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Dermstore Mystery Black Bag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the magazine offer on an order that I placed on April 27.  I printed my receipt & refund form and put them in the mail the next day.  I was pretty upset when I received a Better Homes and Gardens magazine Thursday.  I looked up my "account info" from the address label on the magazine and entered it on the BH&G website and contacted them to let them know that I had sent in the form for the $20 rebate and that I never wanted the magazine in the first place and asked if they would honor my request.  They emailed back saying that they cancelled my subscription and that I would need to call Subco about getting a refund/now possibly a partial refund.  She also asked if enough time had passed for the form to get to them.  I think it's been plenty of time!  I'm very aggravated and I feel like they never intended to refund the $20 in the first place.  I don't mean to seem unappreciative, but I don't read that magazine or really any magazines (I love reading books, though).  If they continued to send them, I would just throw them away and consider it a waste of trees.
I placed my order yeterday not knowing about a refund form. Is it too late for me to get one?

I just printed the refund form for magazines. With this refund i'll have paid $17.73 for all 3 bags. What a steal woohoooo!!!

I had the magazine offer on an order that I placed on April 27.  I printed my receipt & refund form and put them in the mail the next day.  I was pretty upset when I received a Better Homes and Gardens magazine Thursday.  I looked up my "account info" from the address label on the magazine and entered it on the BH&G website and contacted them to let them know that I had sent in the form for the $20 rebate and that I never wanted the magazine in the first place and asked if they would honor my request.  They emailed back saying that they cancelled my subscription and that I would need to call Subco about getting a refund/now possibly a partial refund.  She also asked if enough time had passed for the form to get to them.  I think it's been plenty of time!  I'm very aggravated and I feel like they never intended to refund the $20 in the first place.  I don't mean to seem unappreciative, but I don't read that magazine or really any magazines (I love reading books, though).  If they continued to send them, I would just throw them away and consider it a waste of trees.
Ugh, that is frustrating! I'm sorry that it happened that way. I hope it was an isolated incident, though.

i'm not gonna order it.. i just placed my beautyfix order.. hopefully i'm not missing out on anything :|
I don't think you will be missing out, because you were able to choose your products, whereas we are taking a chance and might not get what we want. It's very exciting to receive a big BeautyFix box. However, you might want to avoid seeing what people get if that usually leads to "box envy".

I just printed the refund form for magazines. With this refund i'll have paid $17.73 for all 3 bags. What a steal woohoooo!!!
:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have to make sure in my excitement that I don't forget to send the receipt with it.

I hope you ladies have better luck with the rebate form than I did. My mom placed an order shortly after mine and she also sent in the rebate form so I'm curious how it'll work out for her.

I registered an account here just so I could post my theories on the Dermstore mystery bag items, LOL!  So hi everyone!

My guesses are based on being a Beautyfix member for several years back before they started letting you choose your items, so I immediately thought of the stuff that they used to send over and over again.  And of course it's assuming that the silhouettes are actually what's in the bags! 

Skinny tube in the luxury and hair/skin bags - Purlisse lip conditioner

Large tube in the luxury bag - Coola sunscreen

Thick compact in the luxury and makeup bags - Redpoint NOC Out concealer compact

Bottles in the hair/skin bag - Kronos set

Spray bottle in the makeup bag - Skindinavia setting spray

Brush in the makeup bag - Redpoint kabuki that others have already posted pics of

I don't have a clue as to the other compact in the makeup bag, the jar in the hair/skin bag, or the bottle in the luxury bag. 

I'm on the fence about buying the makeup bag--if my guesses are correct, I would use the Skindinavia spray and the kabuki brush, but not the concealer (I'm a big fan of Redpoint's brushes but hate their makeup).  The other item is, of course, a mystery!  So it wouldn't be an amazing steal for me, but still a good deal just for the spray and the brush for $15.  Hmmm, will think about it at work and order (or not) when I get home tonight.

Anyways, nice to meet y'all! 
flowers.gif

Originally Posted by rocksann /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I registered an account here just so I could post my theories on the Dermstore mystery bag items, LOL!  So hi everyone!

My guesses are based on being a Beautyfix member for several years back before they started letting you choose your items, so I immediately thought of the stuff that they used to send over and over again.  And of course it's assuming that the silhouettes are actually what's in the bags! 

Skinny tube in the luxury and hair/skin bags - Purlisse lip conditioner

Large tube in the luxury bag - Coola sunscreen

Thick compact in the luxury and makeup bags - Redpoint NOC Out concealer compact

Bottles in the hair/skin bag - Kronos set

Spray bottle in the makeup bag - Skindinavia setting spray

Brush in the makeup bag - Redpoint kabuki that others have already posted pics of

I don't have a clue as to the other compact in the makeup bag, the jar in the hair/skin bag, or the bottle in the luxury bag. 

I'm on the fence about buying the makeup bag--if my guesses are correct, I would use the Skindinavia spray and the kabuki brush, but not the concealer (I'm a big fan of Redpoint's brushes but hate their makeup).  The other item is, of course, a mystery!  So it wouldn't be an amazing steal for me, but still a good deal just for the spray and the brush for $15.  Hmmm, will think about it at work and order (or not) when I get home tonight.

Anyways, nice to meet y'all! 
flowers.gif
 As for the makeup bag, I think the 2nd item is a raw minerals item, and the last item is a tarte blush and it comes with a makeup bag. But I agree with the kabuki brush and the skindinavia spray. I still think its a good deal for the bag, thats why I used my 25 off of 50 code and bought a stila passionfruit crush lip and cheek stain, a stila lip trio and the grab bag! I ordered it friday night and it shipped today! cant wait to get it!!!!

Such a tempting offer! >.< But like other members have mentioned... I want to order... but shouldn't (gotta watch the wallet! ^o^). 

Is BeautyFix a good offer? I am reading in this thread about the $25 discount and such and am wondering if it is worth it (it seems like you have to become a member and pay $49.99x4 a year)? (<-- not sure if I should start a new thread for this question or what>.< seems like this thread has people with experiences about BeautyFix). 

Thanks~! :] 

NOOOOO I missed out on this deal :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> So sad. I really wanted the makeup grab bag, esp. if there's another setting spray. I love that stuff...ordered it twice now in my BF sub.

Quote: Originally Posted by Minn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Such a tempting offer! >.< But like other members have mentioned... I want to order... but shouldn't (gotta watch the wallet! ^o^). 

Is BeautyFix a good offer? I am reading in this thread about the $25 discount and such and am wondering if it is worth it (it seems like you have to become a member and pay $49.99x4 a year)? (<-- not sure if I should start a new thread for this question or what>.< seems like this thread has people with experiences about BeautyFix). 

Thanks~! :] 
If you're a first time customer, there's a $30 off code you can use. $20 for 8 products, some of which are full-sized, is a great deal. In my last box I got 3 full sized Murad products and a full-sized just released Stila item, plus 3 other full sized & 4 deluxe sample sized skincare/hair care products. But the selections from quarter to quarter usually suck since only like half the products are actually switched out. I'm probably going to skip next quarter, but then pay the full $50 for the winter quarter. There's a BF thread if you're interested :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by MakeupA /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm pretty excited, I bought all three!
rocknroll2.gif
I hope I like my goodies.
Same here, I just couldn't help myself lol

The only one I didn't buy was the skin & hair grab bag & I regret it now. : Although I did get to use my $25 off $50 and got my BF his fave Jack Black lip balm, I have a feeling I'm gonna want the grab bag once everyone gets theirs.

Originally Posted by Linabunnie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I cant help but keep stalking Usps for tracking info. Mine isnt updating, anyone else?
I don't know about this order. But usually USPS takes 24-48 hours to update (not sure if you are checking it after that waiting period or what ><"). 

My tracking says my package left Kentucky yesterday.  I'm in NC,  hopefully it will get here by tomorrow.  

Back