Discover With Marta Experience From Start To Finnish

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my bag too. I love serums, but I have so many in line to try this'll have to wait. But yeah, the last few have been duds, I haven't gotten around to using all the products yet, but none of them exciting. I'm excited to try the serum in the next few weeks. I hope you update with your thoughts on it after you've used it
Most definately I will update this. I have already formed final opinions on two items.

Remember how I mentioned the smell and color of the Truth vitality Brow empowere? The gross factor has kept me from using it again. And I am DEFINATELY NOT one that gets grossed out easily. And the first time I felt bothered to have that yucky stuff on my skin. Blech....

Skinfinate Advanced c20 serum - This product was touted as being in the testing phase. So they can add my opinion also. Would I buy this? NO! It was very thin and watery. I like serums to have a smooth velvety feel. Once it dried on the skin, my face was like it had sticky fruit juice on it. Honestly, sawdust would have stuck to it.

The MitoQ anti aging serum and Sciote peptide+Defense firming eye cream need more time. And there is plenty to work with here. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> My face is at a delicate tipping point at age 51, so I can tell you that if a product is a major fail, I will notice it relateively fast. These two are still going strong. (But this could change.)

The eye cream has a VERY GENTILE and pleasant smell. And it does not bother my very sensitve eyes that have 3 rare disorders. So far it is working similar to Glyone which I like. But a product like this could flop or excl in about 2 more weeks. So we shall see....

The MitoQ, will be a bit more difficult to evaluate with my regime. The funny thing is that I have large containers of $100 to $300 products, and this is what I use and feels works best besides my trial phase items. (Less expensive stuff! How about that?):

Day

-(On hold while I try this eye cream (Glytone eye cream)

-Sciote eye cream (trial phase)

- On a few dime sized spots, Estee Lauder Enlighten (trial phase)

-MitoQ (trial phase)

-Indeed Labs hyaluronic acid

-L'Occitane precious day cream (end of trial and still going strong)

Night

-MitoQ (trial phase)

-Nuxe Masque Creme Fraiche

-RX RetinA

In the last few days, my face has been looking brighter. Is this from my overall regime, or is it the MitoQ?

Even though I do not have mature skin, I loved reading this! Seeing how both of you look to be the only costumers that put reviews on the internet, maybe they saw yours and wanted to re-vamp their subscription! Hopefully they will stay this good in another two months!
Thank you for appretiating my reviews here. My impression is that I feel the oils were used as a purposely inexpensive addition to the boxes. Definately not products older woman would be looking for. But cheap.... So this was a major fail alongside tiny sample sizes. There was just too much wrong with this sub for the previous 2 boxes. And I hope they did listen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I owe you this review.  Although I was not pleased in the past, Octobers box did exactly what I intended with this subscription.  It helped me find products that work best with my skin type.  Actually, Octobers was even better than I would have expected.  Got 2 full sized products, so I could really give these a good try and see if I like them. 

To be honest, I only faithfully use two of the products from the last shipment, the Sciote eye cream and the Mitoq.  Now I use a lot of products in my daily ritual so it may be difficult to know exactly which did what.  But something has reversed what little and barely perceptible sagging I had near my cheek bones.  And I have had this for 10 years!  And after they stopped selling my Perlabella hyaluronic acid, the sagging and some new eye wrinkles started progressing at a really alarming rate.  All gone now, you got that?  GONE!!!!

Sciote peptide + defense - I think this may be my miracle product, maybe...  I have been using it a bit lower than my eye area to cover my main problem area near my cheek bone. 

Mitoq - I suspect this may be what caused my face to appear brighter and overall more youthful.

Now the Origins Plantscription night treatments, (not from Discover Marta) I suspect complimented what the other two products had already done.  My skin looks better than 10 years ago and I can now proclaim, I am 100% wrinkle free!.   For real!  Seriously!  Now this is what I was searching for, products that work and enough product to know if they work!

Looks like we are due for another shipment any day now. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  But honestly, can my results be beat?  I have found my Nirvana.

In case anyone is crazy enough to attempt my present regime, here it is in order of application.

Day

1. wash face with buff puff

2. Estee Lauder enlighten is added just to my few dark spots from scarring.

3. Sciote peptide+defense eye cream (but I go lower near my cheek bone where it sagged a tidge)

4. Mitoq

5. L'occitane Precious cream

Night

*I alternate every other night*

A)

1. Wash face with hands and gentile face cleanser

2. Estee Lauder advanced eye night repair

3. Origin planscription serum

4. Origin plantscription night cream

B )

1. Wash face with hands and gentile face cleanser

2. Any decent inexpensive night cream such as Estee Lauder enlighten

3. Pharnmacy Retin A gel on top of the cream

I got my bag too. I love serums, but I have so many in line to try this'll have to wait. But yeah, the last few have been duds, I haven't gotten around to using all the products yet, but none of them exciting. I'm excited to try the serum in the next few weeks. I hope you update with your thoughts on it after you've used it

So what are your impressions on those products?

Candes, what is your favorite eye cream (against wrinkles)? I really saw results with Elisabeth Arden Prevage eye serum. And cheaper cream L'Oréal Revitalift. Right now I am testing Algenist, it's ok and I still have fridge full of eye creams to test ;-D But until now Prevage is nr 1

Candes, what is your favorite eye cream (against wrinkles)? I really saw results with Elisabeth Arden Prevage eye serum. And cheaper cream L'Oréal Revitalift. Right now I am testing Algenist, it's ok and I still have fridge full of eye creams to test ;-D But until now Prevage is nr 1
The Sciote peptide defense eye cream made extreme noticeable changes, so yeah that would be it!  I have tried countless brands looking for the fountain of youth.  When you find it you stop looking and hunker down.

Before this, I used no eye cream and perlabella hyaluronic acid on my entire face, along with a decent face cream.  This reversed and later held wrinkles at bay for many many years.  They stopped selling this and my skin took a massive and rapidly progressing dive for the worse.  Very worrisome...  $100-300 face creams and serums would not reverse this....

Not certain about the prevage, but the revitalift will make my 51 year old skin fall apart.  Being wrinkle free is my mission in life at my present age.  LOL...

Oh one more thing...  Some people complain about the chemicals in the L'occitane precious face cream.  I will use whatever it takes and this also works.  And it works even better than their more expensive face creams.

I will have to try it when I am done with all my stash from the fridge. The problem is that since I discovered subscription boxes I am not sure if I ever will be in need of actually buying eye cream! :-/ But it will be nr 1 on my list to buy (together with Eslor) Thank you for testing it and letting us know :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So what are your impressions on those products?
I finally got around to trying the blissoma clay mask/scrub.  i love it!  i'm really bad about the products i receive from this program, i don't know which month i receive the samples in, and i only make a note if i really like something.  the ones i'm not a fan of i don't keep record unless it was really bad.  so far no notable baddies, just i loved the blissoma.

the full size serums and creams i will be giving to my mother, since she has more concerns than i do.  though the mitoq sounds really nice...

I finally got around to trying the blissoma clay mask/scrub.  i love it!  i'm really bad about the products i receive from this program, i don't know which month i receive the samples in, and i only make a note if i really like something.  the ones i'm not a fan of i don't keep record unless it was really bad.  so far no notable baddies, just i loved the blissoma.

the full size serums and creams i will be giving to my mother, since she has more concerns than i do.  though the mitoq sounds really nice...
Oh somehow missed your reply, thanks for getting back to me.

Just received shipment notification today.  Whew!  Was getting a bit worried since it was later than usual.  Plus it says they are selling no new subs or renewals right now, which worried me even more. Communication goes far.   Pity since they finally got the product types down pat.

If we got consistently decent sized samples with at least one full sized product every month, even if it was just a cleanser, I think this sub would take off.  Now that I have looked back, there were many boxes with tiny samples, then a totally fab box out of the blue, just like our last one.  Consistency and communication are both vital.  I really do like the concept, and there is so much potential here with this box.

If money is an issue in order to have bigger sizes, then charge more.   (But tell us this.)  We are looking to find new and wonderful products,  And that tiny sample of say the Benir cream just isn't enough to know if the product works for you,.  Obviously money isn't an issue for us if we are seeking high end products.  We want to find good products that work, period!

Sorry to double post, but they finally updated their web page.  And 2 of the brands (sciote and Innarah) hold much promise,. Obviously the sciote is tops in my list.  I am anxious to try one of their hyaluronic products.  So fingers crossed that we get one of those.  The Innarah also sounds promising, and I am very in tune with how my skin reacts, so we will see...

Now if the Reluma is the cleanser, I would be interested in trying this. I am a pro on cleansers so, I will know....  (I  have at least 30 high end ones right now.) The truth vitality?  Fingers crossed for more peptides for anything but the brows.

The Holiday 2014 Collection includes deluxe sample sized favorites from:

•Osmotics
•Sciote
•Truth Vitality
•Innarah
•ReLuma

Oh please oh please don't let us down on sample sizes again!  I am staring at 1/2 oz ($300 face cream) to 1 oz samples of face cream that I have gotten for free, so it is not impossible.  Heck I am staring at a nearly 4 oz free sample of a charcoal mask. It gets rid of my black heads 100%.  But obviously on 51 year old skin, you use it on black head areas only.

Ok my box has arrived.  But I had to clear out my camera before I could take any more.  I think this is a very decent box.  And for most items, the sample sizes are more in line with what I would expect.  Although that Reluma is worth a bundle, I am not certain that small amount will prove anything though.  I will find myself rationing it out to problem spots.  Pity since I would like to find a good all over serum without silicone's.

I have to admit that I already tried out 2 items, the Sciote and the Osmotics.   Now the Sciote face cream on top of the Osmotics feels very dry on the skin after application.  My skin still felt soft afterwords, but it is not the moisturized feeling that I am used to,   So which one caused this? I will have to try them each with different opposite products.  But perhaps the culprit  isn't meant for the over 50 age group?  If I was 30, I would have been tickled pink.  Very much so!

Osmotics Blue Copper 5 face serum 1/2 oz $21.
Truth Vitality Shampoo 2 oz $7
Truth Vitality Conditioner 2 oz $9
Sciote Omni-Cell Face cream 1/2 oz $32
ReLuman Skin Illuminaing serum (about 5 ml?) $36
Innarah Defense Masque Oxygenating Masque (about 15 ml?) $18

Total value for a $24 box is = $123

007.JPG

I got mine yesterday, too.  I think this is my last box from them.  I signed up about this time last year but I think they only did five boxes in 2014, so I got the Holiday one again.  I'm pleased with the sizes this time, although I haven't tried any of the products yet.

I'll probably stay on their e-mail list.  I enter some of those "Dare to Try" things for the Truth in Aging website and I've gotten good, full-size items to test out and review: a toner, a body lotion, and a cleanser.

I got mine yesterday, too.  I think this is my last box from them.  I signed up about this time last year but I think they only did five boxes in 2014, so I got the Holiday one again.  I'm pleased with the sizes this time, although I haven't tried any of the products yet.

I'll probably stay on their e-mail list.  I enter some of those "Dare to Try" things for the Truth in Aging website and I've gotten good, full-size items to test out and review: a toner, a body lotion, and a cleanser.
Oh I forgot about the dare to try.  Will look into it.

Not certain about your age, but something miraculous has happened to my skin.  A woman that I work with that I haven't seen for about a month did a double take when she saw my face today,  Others that haven't seen me in a while mentioned that I have reversed in age.  Scioti eye cream?  Mitoq?  Both or one? I have definitely had an age reversal of a minimum of 10 years.  And to be honest?  Likely 20.  My face has lost that sallow splotchiness and sagging upper cheeks.  It looks alive again after waking up in the morning.  I am leaning towards MitiQ alone.  Not certain though  You must use this!

In all fairness, the Sciote moisturizer is the one that made my face less than moist (but very soft) from the Dec box.  But is this truly undesirable or just "different"?  I am up in the air over this issue and need more time to evaluate its effectiveness.  The blue copper serum has zero moisturizing abilities, but is typical for a serum without silicone's.  

I will start using both the sciote face cream and eye serum along with the MItoQ during the day.  But will continue the Blue Copper at night.  I figure hey, I put a moist silicone foundation on top of the moisturizer anyways,  The sciote face cream may be a better match for my daytime routine.

So daytime will be:

A few spots = enlighten serum

MitoQ

Sciote eye

Sciote Face

Silicone foundation to seal things in

.  .    

Wanted to come back and review my last box from December.  Finally, you are doing things not only right but perfect!  All I really wanted was the chance to find out if I liked something.  Tiny samples did not provide this opportunity and wasn't fair to even the products.  Since I would never buy something that I could not evaluate properly for effectiveness. 

Unfortunately they don't seem to be selling this sub right now.  Is it ending now that this sub is absolutely wonderful?  Charge more if you have to.  Money is not the issue with me, I just want to find the fountain of youth.  And I suspect others would go crazy over this of you provided boxes similar to Dec's all teh time.  I hope you continue with the quality sample sizes.    I just paid $69 for a Net-A-Porter 9 item  box that has mostly decent samples.  The smaller ones were things I didn't want anyways.   All I wanted was the skin care.  LOL...

•Osmotics  - the blue copper serum is nice.  And I would definitely consider purchasing this.

•Sciote -  moisturizer doesn't leave your face feeling slathered with moisturizing agents like other moisturizers.  At first I couldn't decide if this was an advantage or disadvantage.  Now since I had enough sample I have had plenty of time to realize that I really like the soft feeling on my skin and it is a definite advantage.  See, larger samples really do help.l :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

•Truth Vitality - The shampoo smells really bad.  And the conditioner left my hair clumpy greasy.

•Innarah  - This mask may need more time since I only used it a few times so far.  Although it is expensive, very little product is needed.  At first I loved it, but one time, not so much.  I suspect I left it on too long.

•ReLuma - I was super impressed with the ingredients and consistency.  Unfortunately, I have no clue if it does anything since I treat this lone small sample as gold.  When samples are small, I tend to ration them out to small problems spots only.  Pity, this is the same thing that happened with the Benir cream.

The Feb box is not going out until March.

Also, their sub is going out of business.

Will post pics etc when I get over my disgust.  I feel like my box emerged from the sleeziest, deepest darkest corners of Amazon where no one dares lurk.

Haha, can't wait to see pictures!
I have to pull the stuff back out again from my bedroom, and my husband is sleeping right now.

All of that is packed away in the, "I have no clue what to do with this crap boxes".   And the foil hair care packet is packed in my, "oh no more foils, lets forget about em box"?

The fact that the stuff is in hiding says a lot.  Most of my previous Marta box stuff is in my wo-man room, on my after work beautify myself shelves.  (I get home late when hubby is sleeping.)   I often carry this stuff back and forth between rooms before work. \

I plan on doing a side by side comparison of the sunscreen bottle with a pet care bottle.  Will you be able to tell them apart? 

So I finally got around to taking pictures, but I refuse to review these items.  The only thing I used was the sunscreen on my arms when I was gardening. 

Ok now for some fun and games.  Can you pick out the 2 beauty products from among the cat products?

008.JPG

Ok now, here is my box.  The Truth Vitality is ultrasound gel.  Oh but you can  use it as a mask.  Meh...  What good are full sizes when everything is crap?

013.JPG

So I finally got around to taking pictures, but I refuse to review these items. The only thing I used was the sunscreen on my arms when I was gardening.

Ok now for some fun and games. Can you pick out the 2 beauty products from among the cat products?

008.JPG

Ok now, here is my box. The Truth Vitality is ultrasound gel. Oh but you can use it as a mask. Meh... What good are full sizes when everything is crap?

013.JPG
No wonder they're going out of business!

Glad I never subbed ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back