Do you let your kids wear/play with your makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not planning to have kids for like 10 years (I'm 21), I have a bf and he seems to be you know...THE guy <3 and we both agree on waiting for kids for a while, cuz I love to spend my time with him...either way when and if I do have kids, I wouldn't let them play with my make up, I think their skin is too young and sensitive to be applying make up at all, I didn't start wearing make up till about 2 years ago and even then it was really rare that I would wear it( I really don't think I need it that much, but I just love it now <3). When I was a kid I know I used to have some make up to play with, like specific for little girls, so that would probably be what I would do if I ever have kids of my own. ( I used to love my tiny lipsticks <3).
Yeah, I agree with the skin sensitivity thing - so my kids can't touch foundation for a long time. (when I have them.) lol.

I have a two year old daughter who is a few months away from turning 3. I let her use my Chapstick and then just recently she took an interest in nail polish, which was odd since I usually only use a nail growth clear coat unless there is a special occasion. I normally wouldn't let her have her nails painted so young, however she gives her father and I a horrid time when it comes to cutting her nails. We have to cut them at least once to twice a week and she asked if I would paint her nails in return for her not kicking me if I try to cut her nails so after a talk with her father we decided it was a reasonable request from her and so twice a week I use the cheap wet and wild pink I have to paint her nails. I am however thinking of buying some of the hello kitty or Minnie Mouse nail polishes I see in mini packs for her stocking this Christmas. I figure if I get her her own in colors she can choose from it might be a nice present. I really love the quality time we get sitting there painting and blowing on her nails. That's it for now though. I don't think I will let her use any other make ups until at least middle school and I don't even know if that is too soon. I think kids are already growing up too fast and that when a 10 year old feels the need to wear lots of make up so boys will like them or because everyone else is doing it, that we all need to tell them not to rush through childhood.

Originally Posted by Angelsayles /img/forum/go_quote.gifI think kids are already growing up too fast and that when a 10 year old feels the need to wear lots of make up so boys will like them or because everyone else is doing it, that we all need to tell them not to rush through childhood.
IKR! Or little girls dressing up like teenagers! When I was a kid I used to LOVE my cute dresses, girly dresses and my mom would always pick my clothes and I loved them, when I have kids, I so want to get them cute dresses!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baberanza /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had to comment on this. I am the exact same way!! lmao, I know I'm in no place to have children yet which is why I don't and am not trying, but I also have an overactive biological clock and think about babies often. That cracked me up to see someone else put it in words lol!

And this happens to me sooo bad when I'm at stores that have a toddlers clothing section! OMG the tiny clothes are the cutest thing in the world...the tiny clothes make me want babies a girl ofc cuz girl clothes are cuter!! XD oh and baby room decoration! And then I tell my bf I wish there was a baby renting service, so I can just play with them and then return them!LMAO 

Latest posts

Back