Do You Like Being The Center Of Attention?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No no no!

I am a social hermit.

Unless I am comfortable with the people I am around I hate being in the center of attention.

I am getting slightly better however. I think it helps when your raise your confidence level? :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Only when I'm on stage.... singing opera.....
smile.gif

Originally Posted by ozzymandias /img/forum/go_quote.gif Only when I'm on stage.... singing opera.....
smile.gif
Wow, cool!
smile.gif

It depends. I do a lot pf presentations at work and I love to do them. But, I went out for a work happy hour last night and I was all tounge tied and shy. Guess I like it if I feel I'm in control. I know, kind of sick and twisted.

I'm in-between too but more on the shy side... If it's like a presentation or hanging out, I'm cool. Other than that, I get way self-conscious, the room gets smaller and louder and I can't think right...

I used to love attention, and have no clue when/why that changed...

i dont mind it around people i know. i hate it though when someone tells them it is your birthday at a restaurant. everyone stares and you have to just sit there and act like u are enjoying a group of strangers singing to you...

I don't know if I'd ever be comfortable having my own party lol. But like in normal situations, I definately want to be acknowledged. I guess it's easier among friends.

I'm definitely not someone that likes being in the spotlight. I am shy around certain people and sometimes I just like to observe the situation and not have the situation observe me!

Originally Posted by jmgjmg623 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm not shy at all! However, I'm not an attention 'whore' either. That just annoys me. I very easily make friends and have conversations very easily too. I'm the same way! I meet people and make friendly conversation very easily. Sometimes, I hold myself back when I'm around a group of people that I know I don't fit in with but I always make an effort to befriend them before I reel in the personality. However, the crazy chick in the center of the room...the one talking super loud, doing lots of shots, trying to "involve" everyone in her antics so that she can control the attention...yeah, she's drives me insane and I want to hit her with my shoe.

Back