Does anyone else suffer with sweaty face and how do you stop your make up moving??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmmm maybe try googling it.  There may be an online store or even a local store that carries it

I am the exact same way! Like when we are having a girls night out my make up at the end of the night is a hot mess LOL... and I do use Smashbox Photo Finish primer, foundation, powder and a finishing powder... i think the finishing powder helps a little bit, but i tend to sweat a lot too so i feel your pain!

Originally Posted by spittingpink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

should have probably made it clear that its not all the time or exsessive, just when I'm out dancing or if its real hot outside! lol

I think you're aware of the old drag queen/beauty pageant method of using a deodorant around the hairline. My only two cents on that is to use an unfragranced roll-on and use it only around the hairline. Since you're in the UK I'll recommend the Boots 24 Hour Sensitive Unfragranced Roll On 50ml since that's only £1.11. I do have to warn you that deodorants typically contain aluminum which some people have a sensitivity to on the face so don't use it directly on the face but rather around the hairline and discontinue using it if you have a rash or any "acne" starts to show up along the hairline.

Do you use a primer? I've used Lancome and my makeup stayed on all night after partying.

yeah, I have a few different primers but I mainly use MAC or CoverFX.

btw...just in case anyone is interested - will keep uk peeps updated! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 11:43:31 +0100 From: [email protected] To: [email protected] Subject: Re: Email From Oona Doherty WebsiteHi,     Thank You for your e-mail, yes we deliver to the UK. Unfortunetly we have none in stock at the moment, but we are waiting on it to be delivered in a back order. This should take approx. 5 weeks to arrive. We will contact you nearer the time with details. Look forward to talking to you soon. Kind Regards, Grace @ Oona Dherty Beauty Clinic[email protected] wrote:
Code:
 Hi, I've been trying to track down a 2oz bottle of cinema secrets super sealer in the UK but having very little success without outrageous US shipping costs. I saw you listed as UK distributor and I wondered if I would be able to order some through you? and if so, how much would you charge (inc P&P)?

Blotting papers and powder (rice powder or any kind of starch) remaisn the best option for me. You won't look white as long as you take a small amount with your powder puff.

I have never been one of the lucky ones that doesn't sweat. It drives me crazy! I use as much waterproof, 18 hour, stay-forever makeup as I can (It's all I buy) But if I want to picnic with friends, or any outdoor activity in FLORIDA during the summer.... I sweat! I have just quit wearing makeup during the summer. I REALLY want to feel good about the way I look. I love wearing makeup. If someone can tell me what I can do to help... I would be unimaginably grateful!

~sandiinflorida

You can use a fixing spray like those from Urban Decay, i like mine now (although i personally think it has to age a little, it didn't do as good a job as it does now).

I am a huge sweater too. In fact, I just posted a few minutes ago about Revlon Color Stay foundation. It's amazing for it being a drugstore brand. I start with Smashbox Photo Finish Primer, followed by Revlon Color Stay and finish with Tarte's setting powder. This doesn't combat the sweating but it at least keeps my makeup in place and doesn't streak or smear. Now if you want to stop sweating altogether, there IS a miracle product out there. Derma doctor sells these wipes that you wipe on your face and underarms and completely gets rid of sweating. Good news, right? Well, there is bad news as well. The catch is that it's $50 for only 30 wipes. Ouch, right? The other downside is that you can't use moisturizer while you use the wipes because then it counteracts whatever ingredient is in there that takes away the sweating. That being said, if you have dry skin, these wipes aren't ideal. When I had money to burn, these wipes would be my godsend. But, I can't afford to pay $50 every month for the 3 months of unbearable heat here in Las Vegas. That's $150 I just don't have, so I just have to deal with my excessive sweating. Hope this helps! Let me know if you decide to use these and let me know if you like them or not!

Back