Drugstore Hair Dye?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
100% Agreed. Box color or drugstore color is horrible for your hair. And if you're looking to pay less, go to a local cosmetology school
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by TattooGoddess /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am a hair stylist and I have to chime in here. You do know that OTC (Over the counter) Commerical Hair Color has 70x the amount of ammonia in windex? Regaurdless you will fry your hair. Also if you do decide to go back to a proff. It will cost you more because she will have to do a custom color or a color correction because of the underlying pigment from the Box Color. Also box colors use Metalic dyes, Veg Dyes and Henna. This can SEVERLY offect the outcome of other hair color applications and sometimes even cause the hair to break mid prosess. 

Anything chemically you do to you hair really should be done by some one who has been trained in color as well as color theroy.

If you want to go the less $$ route go to your local cosmo school. These girls are trained and supervised by instructors. If you have a horrible time most likely the service will be free and they will fix it.

* sorry I am the worlds worst speller.*

Herbal Essences Color Me Vibrant in Disco Inferno!

http://www.clairol.com/cem/product_details.jsp?id=94&productId=62

(Click around to check out the other shades of red/burgundy/auburn)

It was easy to use, smelled great, I can't see any damage, and is holding up well after 4 weeks. I'm just starting to see gray roots. The rest of my hair is still dark reddish brown. My natural hair is dark brown almost black.

Back