Easystraight will destroy your hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by NYAngel98 TWO HOURS for a conditioner? You'd probably have to chisel it off your head after it turns into plaster helmet! LOL

Haime Munoz's New product Line!

helmethead.gif

LOL...I was thinking the same thing.

LOL! Thanks guys for the laugh, I needed it. I came to say my hair SUCKS! I used ES at the very end of May & it's still a nightmare. My hair is very, very soft but a beautician friend told me that that is a sign of damage as well. I didn't get anything from ES beyond the initial shampoo/conditioner/glossing treatment. The shampoo & conditioner smelled so bad that I threw it away. The glossing treatment is thicker than vaseline and I hate to say this, but it does work nicely. I'm almost out, I don't use it very often. I'm still waiting to hear from the law firm about the website. I have to email them to give them my new address, hopefully they'll reply & give me an update. I'll post something here if I get a reply. Have a great Thursday, everybody!

I thought the Shafran & Mosely website would be up by now. I emailed them on Oct. 21st and didn't receive a reply. Has anyone heard from these people?

Hi Neens27! Welcome to MUT!!! Sorry to hear about your hair, I'm hoping its not too bad! I personally never used EasyStraight so I really cant tell you what you can do. Maybe its best to leave it alone for a couple of days but then again not sure if thats the right answer. Hopefully one of our pros here will get back to you with some good info. I also suggest that you read our ES thread which has lots of good information : https://forum.makeuptalk.com/showthread.php?t=1033

Good luck to you and see you on the boards.

Originally Posted by neens27 It is not super bad.. on the ends and looks kind of frizzy on the sides. the product says to not use any conditioner for 2 days... i am terrified that I have made a big mistake.I did not find this forum until afterr. Any advice would be appreciated.,

I was thinking of going to get a deep condition and a trim to cut off some of the burned broken hair.???? any ideas?

help fast please.

Hi, I'm sorry & yes, I think you should get a trim & a deep condition would help. It's going to take a couple of days, maybe even a week or two, before you really can see how much damage has been done. Hang in there, I know exactly how you are feeling & it'll be ok.

Hi Neens27! Welcome to makeuptalk!!! I'm sorry to hear about your hair. Maybe see if you can go see a hairdresser and see what they think about trimming the ends a little bit. If it says not to use any conditioner for 2 days then maybe you shouldn't. I was thinkin a deep conditioner right away but if the products says not to do it then maybe it's not a good idea. Sorry to hear about your situation. Hope your hair gets better soon!

Originally Posted by neens27 It is not super bad.. on the ends and looks kind of frizzy on the sides. the product says to not use any conditioner for 2 days... i am terrified that I have made a big mistake.I did not find this forum until afterr. Any advice would be appreciated.,

I was thinking of going to get a deep condition and a trim to cut off some of the burned broken hair.???? any ideas?

help fast please.

Hi Neens, sorry to hear that you have also had you hair damaged by Easystraight, believe me you are not the first, I used it back in May and it fried all of my hair, I ended up getting most of it cut off. Your best bet now would be to find a good stylist to take a look at your hair and maybe trimming some off the ends, if it is just your ends that seem to have been burned then you may be OK, always good to let a Pro look at it. Be verrrrry gentle with you hair, I wouldn't shampoo it or even pull it back at this point. One of my best friends does my hair, he had me meet him at his salon the morning after I used Easystraight where he cut about 3 inches off and did a deep conditioning treatment, my hair was damaged to the point of no return though, so I ended up getting it cut above my shoulders a while back. Good luck, I hope your hair will be OK, please let us know how you are doing, there are lot of good people here that will try and help if you need it. Oh, and welcome to MuT, just sorry you had to find us under these circumstances.

Hey Neens27!

I moved your other posts about easy straight to this thread... so we can try and keep all posts on the product in one place. So just in case you didn't see it on the list, now you know where you'll find it.

As far as EasyStraight... it's been about 5 months since I've used it, and my hair still isn't back to normal yet. Still very dry and won't curl or wave yet, but still is frizzy. I would do a deep conditioner right away and trim at least an inch or two.

Keep most of the conditioner concentrated on your ends, if thats where it is the most damaged. Try a hot oil pack and an intensive leave -in. Don't worry, you're not alone with the ES damage!
icon_rolleyes.gif

It's been 7 months and my hair is still fried. The weird thing is, it's only the outside layer of my hair! Underneath that top layer, my hair is shiny & looks great. The top layer though, is a complete disgusting mess! Why couldn't it be the other way around? My hair is the same - each individual hair strand looks like it was crimped with a teeny tiny crimping iron. My hair has grown, of course, and you can see towards the roots where the new hair is & then there's a nice line where bam! there's the crimp & the fuzz & the frizz & the dryness. I keep using everything I can find but I am sooooo tired of this and I can't find a hair stylist who can help me. And every hair stylist I go to contradicts the last one. Personally I think none of them know what the h-e-double toothpicks they're talking about. So I'm pretty angry right now that my head still looks this way and I'm pretty angry that emails go unanswered from Dewy, Cheatem & How. I'm also angry that this morning Walgreen's is advertising EasyStraight in their sale circular - only not on sale!

How's everyone else doing? How's your hair? Any product that you've found works the best or any salon treatment or cut? Because no product works the best for me & it doesn't matter if I cut it or not, it's still destroyed.
mad.gif

Hi Rowantree and Geve, even though I had most of my hair cut off too it still is no where near the way it was before. Today for instance I just planned to spend the day taking down Christmas decorations so I washed and conditioned and then just let it dry on its own, before easystraight my hair would dry wavy but smooth and soft, now it's just weird, it's wavy and frizzy, but then there are parts that are straight and frizzy, so even though I had my long hair cut up to my shoulders and it has grown out quite a bit, I still have hair that looks like straw. Oh, and I can't forget the hair that sticks straight up on the top, this is the hair that was close to the root, right after using the crap my hair had a bend in it at my part line, most of that eventually broke off and even though its maybe a couple inches long I still have a heck of a time getting it to stay down, I think some of my hair broke off again after it started to grow out. I still see easystraight on the shelf at walgreens here too, at least the ladies that I know that work there won't sell it to anyone without giving a stern warning, they have managed to put it way up on the top shelf so you really can't see it unless you are really looking, I will have to check the ad paper down there and see if they have it advertised here has well, I have a feeling that there may be a whole new wave of women showing up on the boards who will end up like us
icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted by devopink I've read Easy Straight isn't supposed to be used on the roots of your hair -- is that what you did? Nope, I didn't apply it to the roots, thats why my roots were normal, it was where the easystraight was applied near the root where it bent and eventually broke off.

thats good to hear!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Although I'm probably one of many who won't be using it a second time! LOL
icon_confused.gif

Nope. Just one of the thousands that used it as directed & ended up with severely damaged hair.

I just saw a poll online regarding ES. Out of 128 total votes, 57% of the voters had used EasyStraight, 43% had not. When asked if they were happy with the results, out of 96 total voters, 58% voted no, 42% voted yes.

Just out of curiosity, I went to the ES website. There I received a new navigator window that stated:

propName: SelContent = faq

propName: sel3 = 0

propName: sel2 = 0

propName: sel1 = 4

HELLO THERE! I'm a hidden movie!

At the top of my window, it said "EASYSTRAIGHT HAIR STRAIGHTENING SYSTEM"

I hadn't clicked on anything at their website when this popped up. Very weird & I most certainly won't go back to their website!

Originally Posted by pixel That IS weird. I searched for EasyStraight polls in google and only found one created by AngelsFury at www.misterpoll.com/1855170894.html.
Out of 130 votes 58% tried EasyStraight, 42% didn't.

57% were not happy with the product results, 43% were happy.

What is curious about this poll is that when asked if ES damaged their hair in anyway, 53% said no while 45% said yes. I thought the percentage would be higher for the yes answer.

The message board at misterpoll mentions the lawfirm of McCallion & Associate as being involved in the lawsuit against ES.

hmmm... interesting
cool.gif

That's great to hear Charms, dont you just LOVE what you can find on the net! I don't think we've met yet so Hi, i'm Laura! Looking forward to chatting with you
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by charms23 OMG. I am so glad that I decided to start being active here at MuT. Just yesterday, I was seriously thinking of buying one of those at home straighteners and doing it myself since it was so expensive in the salon. I'm glad I decided to wait! I don't want to take a chance on EasyStraight or any other at-home straightener because I'm afraid that my hair will fall off.
Thank you, MuT!!!

Ugh! My hair is still not the same - & it's almost a year later!

Originally Posted by Chel No!!! Please do NOT use Ogilvie straightner or perm. I used Ogilvie straightner about two years ago and it did the same thing to my hair that Easystraight did to yours! Fried it up to the scalp! It was aweful!! I could feel these little nubs like it was shaved. Thank God I only did my bang area. I have curly, frizzy hair and wanted it straight. I had always used Loreal primere perm for colored treated hair (not as strong) in the past, never had a problem with Loreal. I could not find Loreal anywhere, so I tried Ogilvie. Never again!!!Eat a nice healthy diet as much as possible,have a Nature's Way Thick Hair Shake for breakfast each morning,Paul Mitchell's Awaphaui Shampoo, (Sally's generic version of Jico K-PAC, and generic version of Sebastian's Potion 9 leave in, just a little dallop), get lots of exercise, If you go to tanning bed, cover that hair!, get your 8 hours sleep, and have lots of fun. And don't forget to pray for you hair to grow faster than fast!!!

Sorry to hear that Chel! But welcome to the 'fell for the straighteners gimmicks club"... and more important - welcome to MakeupTalk!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I'm Janelle from NY (and this thread is what actually brought me to makeuptalk too!
icon_wink.gif
)

Lawsuit Update...

Just wanted to let everyone & anyone know that the lawsuit has been filed as a class action lawsuit and Shafran & Mosley are currently talking with the attorneys for HM Mane Solutions' insurer. It's still going to take a while, but from what I have been told by the attorney, anyone who is participating in this class action stands to gain quite a bit of money. HM Mane Solutions continues to sell it's product and it continues to damage hair. If you have experienced damage due to EasyStraight, please email Attorney Kevin Mosley at [email protected] or call the law firm at 212-631-7000.

Latest posts

Back