Easystraight will destroy your hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Morning Everyone - Each day I come back to this forum to continue to find more heart renching encounters with this product. It has been 3 weeks for me now and each morning I get up knowing that my bathroom floor is going to be full of hair. It has become hard to even pick up a comb or brush knowing that each time I do it will cause more hair loss. I truly thought it would stop by now. I also have been conditioning the heck out of my hair - obviously to no avail. I know that my hair will grow back (I hope) - but it will take time, lots of time. I have taken pictures of my disaster if any one would like to compare "head shots" - but they are pretty brutal (not for the weak at heart). I took them in case I needed them for future use. Also I went to my local Walgreen’s where I purchased the product to let them beware of this product- the manager was very nice and insisted on giving me my money back. I told her that was not my intent on coming in that I wanted them to be aware of what has happened and I suggested she look up the thread on this forum. She says she would - she was also horrified at my loss of hair. But she also said that so far I was the only one to complain. I told her I truly hope that no else has too. My question to this company would be "What is your hair worth to you" - then compensate each of us based on that question. Good luck to everyone, and Harley I would be glad to start a chat room!

Aquanet, I am SO sorry! I misread your original post - thought you were from the law firm. Please forgive me for jumping to conclusions. I'm an idiot. The only thing I can say in my defense is that I've been really suspicious of companies, including law firms, since this happened with EasyStraight. I really appreciate you posting the law firm's info & I emailed them. I'm supposed to send pics of my hair & my story...have you heard anything more from them? I'm really sorry I confused you with the law firm. Thanks for posting & thanks for posting the address for craigslist. I hadn't seen that board yet. I've had bad experiences with hair color before, but it was always fixable. This is the first time I've used an at home product that has just completely ruined my hair. I hate seeing myself in the mirror or in the reflection of a window. I haven't been able to get an appointment at the salon to get it all cut off yet but am going that route soon and it's so upsetting! My hair is all different lengths and just looks awful - well, all of you here know how that is. And I'm finding that my family thinks I'm a complete idiot for buying it in the first place and that since I used an "at home" product instead of spending $$$ at a salon, this is all my fault. Once again, Aquanet, I am so sorry that I misjudged you and jumped to conclusions. I hope that I haven't upset you to the point that you won't post here anymore. I hope that you do continue to post here and that you let me and all of us know how things are going for you!

Snafuish, I'm glad you're here. I followed directions too. I know we all followed the directions, to the letter. And I know we are all buying up products left and right to try to stop our hair from falling out and breaking and that nothing is working. I talked to my sister last night and she told me about a conditioner that worked for her. She had a colorist at a salon destroy her hair. It was breaking off and they recommended Kerastase conditioner. It's in a yellow tube, sells at drugstore.com for $30. To me, that is outrageous for a tube of hair conditioner, but she told me that it stopped the breakage. She went to a different salon to get the color corrected and they were amazed at the condition her hair was in - it was in really good condition and they wanted to know what she'd been using. Well, it was the Kerastase. I'm going to try it, I've tried other stuff and it hasn't worked. It's expensive but if it works it will be worth it. Thanks so much for posting here, it's really great to hear from one of the first users of EasyStraight, you're our voice of experience!
smile.gif

My gosh, its unbelievable how much grief this product has caused for so many of you. I am really sorry to hear all of your stories. I sense the frustation and anger. Lets just remember that we should all stay united in order to fight a common foe. To think that not too long ago I thought of using this. Well I live in NYC and work in Mid-town Manhattan -so if any of you need me to investigate and see if this law firm is credible please let me know. I would be happy to.

I am so glad you came back to this board Snafuish and it's OK about not getting back to me, I understand. I had someone on the Craigslist board get nasty with me about easystraight, she swore up and down that she had been a customer of Mr. Munoz for years and that she had just used easystraight at home and just looooooved it, she basically called the people with complaints nothing but whiners who are just trying to start trouble, well, I am not a whiner and will avoid trouble when possible. She was sooooo rude and defensive that I almost wondered if she was maybe an employee for the company. I agree with you completly Rouge about how it seems like everytime you come back to check the message board there are new people with sad stories about what this stuff has done to their hair. I just sent an e-mail along with pictures to the Shafron & Mosely law firm so we will see what happens, I also got an e-mail this morning from Sarah Hooper, she is the woman who was in the New York Post story, I think it is Cosmogirl magazine where she works and she decided to test easystraight for a magazine review but ended up with her hair being so damaged that she decided to do something about it. A few folks were in chat last night, it was nice chatting with Cali, Tony, Reija and Aquanet, I will check back often and hopefully get to meet others, maybe this time I won't have this teenage fly buzzing around the room wanting me off the computer so she can have it LOL Take care all and hang in there.

Hi Eve,

Were the lawyers at the other message board Shafran & Mosely? That's who I contacted. Your description of EasyStraight as being "a nightmare in a box" is so dead on. I've heard Kerastase hair conditioner (yellow tube, at drugstore.com for $30) will stop hair breakage but I haven't gotten it yet, ordering it today. I agree with you about making the company have to use EasyStraight themselves. It would make me feel soooo much better if I could see pictures of Maria Dempsey & Haime Munoz with fried hair! LOL
smile.gif

Here's the article in print from the Cosmo employee:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=10 width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>
pagesix_richard.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top width="65%">
pagesix_header.gif

April 12, 2004</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right width="35%"> </TD><TD vAlign=top> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#e2e2e2><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=3></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=10 width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>BURNED UP OVER HAIR HORROR</TD></TR><TR><TD>NOTE to fashion lemmings: if you want to straighten your hair, go to a salon! Sarah Hooper, an editorial assistant at CosmoGirl! Magazine, is threatening to sue Haime Munoz, whose namesake salon has appeared in Allure as one of the "best," because his do-it-yourself straightening solution left her balding and burned. "I was trying out the product for the magazine," Hooper told PAGE SIX. "I followed the instructions explicitly and even took the solution off earlier than it said, but when I washed it out, my hair started falling out in clumps. When I tried to contact Haime he was rude and insinuated I didn't follow instructions properly. He insisted I come to his salon, but I told him I had already missed a day of work due to the trauma and I would rather him come see me. I have spent over $100 on hats now. The hair that didn't fall out is frizzy and burned. I told him he could talk to my lawyer." But Munoz said: "[Hooper] did a bad application. I must see her hair. I have used this product for 12 years and it has been on the market for three months with no complaints. I can't be responsible if she doesn't come see me." </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=bigblack width="100%">Haime Munoz (maker of EasyStraight) "Hair Straightening Expert"

- Here's his contact information if you'd like it:

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=right></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
t.gif

<!-- targeted profile ad --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>
dkgray_top_lft_corner.gif
</TD><TD width="100%" bgColor=#e6e6e6>
t.gif
</TD><TD>
dkgray_top_rt_corner.gif
</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD width="100%" bgColor=#e6e6e6 colSpan=3><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width="1%"></TD><TD class=reg vAlign=top width="99%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=sbig>146 E 74th St

New York, NY 10021

Phone: (212) 861-9933

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=reg>
t.gif
</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=reg> Map Website </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=reg>
t.gif
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Hello everyone,

Allow me to introduce myself. I am Pablo Munoz, brother to hair terror expert, Haime Munoz. I have taken it upon myself to redesign my brother's EasyStraight box to more carefully reflect the delicacy of it's properties. But before you view my new work, I must beg of you to listen.

Please do not sue my brother, Haime. He has always been the family underdog. Ever since we were 5 years old, Haime has been jealous of my long hair. You see, my lover, Francois, used to be Haime's lover. When Haime cut his own hair, Francois came to me and admired my long hair. One thing let to another and now... well.. Francois are I are lovers living in exile. Haime has a multitude of personality disorders and other problems that I cannot go into here (forgive me mi madre, hay!)

Long story short, Haime has taken our family fortune and turned it into a terrorist hair empire in order to get back at being spurned by Francois. He has avowed to seek revenge on every woman in the states until he gets his lover back. I am so sorry. We tried to encourage Haime to take his meds, but he is angry at the world and refuses to take responsibility for anything unless Francois returns to him again.

Please forgive my brother, Haime Munoz, as he is no longer with us in mind.

Sincerely,

Pablo Munoz (in hiding)

Remember: "Don't hate us because we're beautiful."

Here is my new box design:

EasyStraightAd.jpg

MakeupTalk's posts are like #2 or #3 when searchign for Easystraight
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by snafuish

Good one, Californian! I hope it'll show up when you Google "EasyStraight" in their image search!

Originally Posted by Californian Hello everyone,
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Pablo Munoz, brother to hair terror expert, Haime Munoz. I have taken it upon myself to redesign my brother's EasyStraight box to more carefully reflect the delicacy of it's properties. But before you view my new work, I must beg of you to listen.

Please do not sue my brother, Haime. He has always been the family underdog. Ever since we were 5 years old, Haime has been jealous of my long hair. You see, my lover, Francois, used to be Haime's lover. When Haime cut his own hair, Francois came to me and admired my long hair. One thing let to another and now... well.. Francois are I are lovers living in exile. Haime has a multitude of personality disorders and other problems that I cannot go into here (forgive me mi madre, hay!)

Long story short, Haime has taken our family fortune and turned it into a terrorist hair empire in order to get back at being spurned by Francois. He has avowed to seek revenge on every woman in the states until he gets his lover back. I am so sorry. We tried to encourage Haime to take his meds, but he is angry at the world and refuses to take responsibility for anything unless Francois returns to him again.

Please forgive my brother, Haime Munoz, as he is no longer with us in mind.

Sincerely,

Pablo Munoz (in hiding)

Remember: "Don't hate us because we're beautiful."

Here is my new box design:

EasyStraightAd.jpg

ROTFLMAO!!!! All i can say is thank god this product isnt available in Ireland coz i know i would have been one of the victims

My sister swears by the Bain Satin #3 shampoo. She says they used to have a conditioner that had the #3 on it too but I think she's thinking of the shampoo. So you would recommend the ciment anti usure conditioner over the lait vital? Thanks for the comment about the protein - I used Nexxus Emergencee and it made my hair worse. I didn't know it was a protein treatment until after I had used it. So no more protein treatments for me! Kerastase is so expensive that I just can't believe that they're able to sell it. I'm trying to find a salon in my area that carries it because they say the stuff sold at drugstore.com is counterfeit.

Has anyone colored their hair since using EasyStraight? Did you get it done at a salon or did you do it at home? If you did it at home, what did you use and what were the results?

The grays are taking over & I am afraid to use my regular haircolor (Natural Instincts)!!!

icon_confused.gif

I am really sorry that the Nexxus didn't work out for you Rowantree, I guess maybe my hair needed the protein. My roots are looking just lovely also (NOT) I have a big gray streak that runs down both sides of my head from the part line, sort of like Lilly Munster LOL. I usually color my roots every couple of months with L'oreal preference light ash blond, I think I will be OK just doing my roots but I am still a bit hesitant to do anything with my hair at this point, except be extremly gentle with it, I was thinking about just using a more gentle hair color on all of my hair and just going back to the medium brown that my hair naturally is, I know that damaged hair will take color differenty so wasn't sure if that was a good idea, anyone have any suggestions? Part of me is still debating on wether I should just go and get my hair cut short, I haven't had my hair short in about 17 years and never thought I looked good with it, but having to do everything that I am now with all these conditioners, treatments, etc. is getting kind of old and not to mention expensive, especially when I look at my hair now that it's been almost 2 months since the easystraight and it still looks like hell if I don't use a bunch of stuff to calm it down, I never had to take this much time on my hair just to try to make it look half way decent. Any help with color ideas would be great.

I need to email you about the Nexxus, Harleymom. Don't worry about it, so it didn't work for me, that's no big deal. I agree with you about spending so much time trying to get your hair to look ok. I never was a hair person & never spent that much time on my hair & now I am so fed up! I never used any products in my hair besides shampoo & conditioner & occasionally one of those hair smoother serums. I didn't even use hairspray. My hair is getting a little bit better since using the Nexxus, but I still have that famous EasyStraight Crimp style frizz. What is super bad is that the right side of my hair is shorter than my left and I STILL haven't gone in to get it cut! Today is my 1 month anniversary since using EasyStraight.

I had really short hair about 15 yrs ago & I loved the no maintenance but hated the look. I know when I can finally get a hold of the hairdresser that I want to go to that I will end up with super short hair. My hair is dark like Snafuish and the ends are lighter too. My hair always ends up with red tones, which I hate. The EasyStraight took all of the semi-perm haircolor out & left my hair this horrible reddish color. So I have dark brown roots, gray & this weird red/brown color & then of course, the lighter color at the ends.
eek.gif

Thanks to Snafuish for the tip about putting conditioner in the haircolor, duh, I can't believe I never thought of that, it seems so simple & easy! I never tried Revlon Colorsilk because I thought it had to be bad because it was so cheap - ROFLMAO. When I do color my hair, it's going to have to be my whole head & I think I'm going to do it this weekend. I wanted to try L'Oreal's True Brunettes haircolor but it says it lifts the color 3 times more than regular and I know that is definitely not good for your hair, even if it's healthy. So I'll be picking up the Colorsilk at Target (my favorite store). Harleymom, I think if you put conditioner in with the haircolor & just do the roots, you'll be ok. Thanks for the tips, Snafuish!

Welcome to MakeupTalk!@#$%@

Originally Posted by Homeskizz

Hey everyone...I just found this website while searching for reviews on EasyStraight...I just used it tonight and am not totally upset about it. My hair is softer and less frizzy then it would normally be with me just letting it air dry, but it is not straight like I was expecting, it's still wavy. I actually think I maybe didn't leave it on long enough...maybe I misdiagnosed my hair.I see most of you saying that it messed up your hair and now I'm worried that it might do the same to me later on....when you all used it was it bad right away or was it nice at first? I'm so sorry that none of you have good experiences with it, it would have been nice to have straight hair for $30 though huh?
icon_wink.gif

I've been hearing more and more about the expensive (but worth it) Japanese Hair Straightening process. I will post a link on it for anyone who might be interested. We also have a user here named Gail who has had great luck with it. She has before and after pics too. This process is NOT done at home; it's done by a professional.

Here are Gail's pics:

Before:
Gailpoofyhair.jpg

After J.H.S:
Gailstraighthair.jpg

Originally Posted by Homeskizz Hey everyone...I just found this website while searching for reviews on EasyStraight...I just used it tonight and am not totally upset about it. My hair is softer and less frizzy then it would normally be with me just letting it air dry, but it is not straight like I was expecting, it's still wavy. I actually think I maybe didn't leave it on long enough...maybe I misdiagnosed my hair.I see most of you saying that it messed up your hair and now I'm worried that it might do the same to me later on....when you all used it was it bad right away or was it nice at first? I'm so sorry that none of you have good experiences with it, it would have been nice to have straight hair for $30 though huh?
icon_wink.gif

Latest posts

Back