EVERYTHING & ANYTHING CURLBOX!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for sharing!!  Sorry you're not pleased.  I think Dec. will be the blow out box, or so I gather!

I just received my November curlbox.  Moisture to the Max! Get Winter Ready!!

I'm pleased with the contents of the box

Surprised to see a super full-sized, 17.6 oz bottle of Naat Brazilian Keratin intensive hair mask. I've seen these products advertised, but never read any reviews about it. Excited to try this out.

(2) 1.7 fl oz. sample size bottles of a new product called Clear, scalp & hair therapy; Ultra shea cleanse and nourish shampoo and conditioner. For very dry & brittle hair.  (That's me!)

(1) 8 fl oz. full-sized bottle of Curl Care strong hold gel by Dr.Miracle. It is sulfate and paraben free w/ protein and collagen for added tstrength, moisture and conditioning. I've tried a nourishing conditioner (that I received in last months box,) w/ coconut, jojoba and vit. E from the same line. My scalp tingles after I use it; I like it!

(1) 2.1 oz packet of Palmer's Coconut Oil Formula w/ Vit E deep conditioning protein pack. It has coconut milk, keratin & silk protein. Sounds hydrating! (No parabens or sulfates.)

Hawaiian Silky Miracle Worker 14 in 1 leave-in conditioning packet. (I've been intrigued with this product; I've seen you-tube posts w/ people liking it and not liking it. So I'm happy to have the opportunity to try it for myself and not break the bank.)

Last but not least... Elentree Soy Organics Braid Marinade, unravels braids fast; softens and detangles. (Nice concept, especially for kids.) I don't wear braids, so not useful to me. Happy to gift it to my little niece!!

Some products listed are not silicone, paraben, mineral oil and sulfate free.  I'm not mad at that.  I try not to use products w/ those ingredients in them, but I'm not super radical.  I'll try it out, but won't make a habit of it. 

Curlbox tries to include as many products w/o those ingredients as possible.
That's it for now. Looking forward to trying my products and from what I hear December's box will be Off The Hinge!! Can't wait!!

I look forward to hearing about your unboxing and your experience!

Bye for now, talk soon I hope my curly gurlies!!

Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It sucks. I have decided to not renew my box for the December box and I'm going to give curlkit a try...this November box is lame and I believe that just about everything in the box I could pick up in walmart, cvs, etc.  There's another forum on curly nikki that discusses curlbox vs curlkit and it gets really interesting.
I wasn't a fan of this month's box either for the exact same reason. Curlbox is slipping imo. But honestly, I've tried Curlkit, and I think it's the exact same thing- walmart haircare in a box.

Originally Posted by cutpiece /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wasn't a fan of this month's box either for the exact same reason. Curlbox is slipping imo. But honestly, I've tried Curlkit, and I think it's the exact same thing- walmart haircare in a box.
yeah she banned me for quoting someone on  youtube. i didn't even say anything bad or horrible smh. she's banned from getting any more of my money.  also one of the youtubers said that her combing creme had an expiration date of june 2010...not cool

Originally Posted by bodaciouskinks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree with everything you just said.Love this and I personally feel the same way as you.
 Glad you're on my team!!
smilehappyyes.gif

Originally Posted by cutpiece /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah. I also found out that the Brazilian brand is on clearance at Walgreens via a pic that someone posted on another forum.  I feel jipped :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I thought I saw something on the CurlyNikki forum saying that NaturallyCurly bought Curlbox.  Is there any evidence to back that up yet?

This is the first I'm hearing that!! Hmmmmm!  Well if I hear of anything, I'll holla!!

Keep us posted!

Well I guess we'll hear that sometime soon.  Huh?  Perhaps that's why there's a huge warehouse sale in Atlanta on Black Friday!  You buy a $20 tkt and you that gets you into a secret location to go crazy buying products.  hmmmm... inquiring minds wants to know.  If you happen to go to the Curly N website, could you do a copy and paste the info. here?  I will most likely jump ship if a big company takes over.  I'd rather support a small business

Originally Posted by Deenellie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well I guess we'll hear that sometime soon.  Huh?  Perhaps that's why there's a huge warehouse sale in Atlanta on Black Friday!  You buy a $20 tkt and you that gets you into a secret location to go crazy buying products.  hmmmm... inquiring minds wants to know.  If you happen to go to the Curly N website, could you do a copy and paste the info. here?  I will most likely jump ship if a big company takes over.  I'd rather support a small business
So the $20 = getting four full sized products or do you pay for a ticket that just gives you access to these products and you have to pay for them separately and in addition to the ticket?

For just $20 you will have access to products that have NEVER been in the curlBOX before!   "Up to (4) full-sized products."  It doesn't say that you pay anything additional than the $20 tkt.  'm sure we'll hear all about it if this is a gimmick and is not what is advertised.  I'll stay tuned!

For just $20 you will have access to products that have NEVER been in the curlBOX before!   "Up to (4) full-sized products."  It doesn't say that you pay anything additional than the $20 tkt.  'm sure we'll hear all about it if this is a gimmick and is not what is advertised.  I'll stay tuned!
Oh OK. I almost went to an event that was similar to this and we had to pay $10 to get access to deeply discounted clothing. I passed lol

On the subject of curls I have very long hair its down near my butt and it is naturally curly they are more of a loose curl but not wavy.

Some products seem to weigh the curls down making them limp and lifeless and others make me look like I belong in
"Curls gone wild" .

I'm looking for a leave in conditioner that helps tame the curls but also doesn't weigh it down I want more defined curls like the type I get after sleeping in rollers but without the hassle of rolling up all this hair every night.

Can anyone suggest a product ? 

Here is a picture for ref

I use a leave-in called Knot Today a natural leave-in detangler by a company called Kinky-Curly.  All ingrdients are organic and there are no oils in it , so it shouldn't weigh your hair down.  You can purchase it at Target, Whole Foods or online on the Kinky-curly website or on curlmart. 

I find it to be light weight.  The directions say for loose wavy-curly hair: use a moderate amount as a rinse out or leave a little on the ends before applying styling products.  For more defined curls, you may want to try another product by Kinky-curly called Curling Custard. 

Here's the descrption: CURLING CUSTARD TM gives moisture and curl definition, hold and brilliant shiny hair all in one product!

It reduces bulk, defines & elongates your curls helping them to 'hang' better. CURLING CUSTARD TM will bring out the natural curl or wave pattern you never knew you had!

It is an advanced botanical formula made with ALL NATURAL ingredients that nourish and strengthen the hair. Utilizing the humectant properties of the Agave Nectar, CURLING CUSTARD TM will give weight to your hair, define your curls, remove frizz, provide long lasting hold and shine without ever being greasy, crunchy or drying to your hair.

This high performance product is very concentrated so a little goes a long way.  I know you have a concern about your hair being weighed down, so if you decide to use this product, as the directions say use a little.

I hope this helps.  Let us know if you've tried it and if it works for you.

Back