Eye make up allergy

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://www.coastalclassiccreations.com/

The mineral makeup may be made from natural ingredients, but not all natural ingredients are meant for your face- poison ivy for instance, is quite natural. Coastal Creations has the most "science" I've found. They have their ingredients listed before the product picture and I think that says something. There are lists of cosmetic products that the FDA has determined are generally bad for  your skin and even dangerous. Most makeup companies still use them. Even mineral makeup companies- bare minerals included =/

Zosimos Botanicals and Maia's Minerals are two other non toxic brands.

If you look up Least Toxic Makeup on google you should get a lot of results. Hope this helps!

I am allergic to almost ALL eyeshadows and lipsticks.  Dye, ingredient? Not sure which or both.  And yes I have tried hundreds of brands and colors.  I can only wear Lancome Faux Paus, Daylight and a few others from their line.  I can wear any kind of eyeliner.  I only use Clinique Sugar Bean lip stick...I have tried all of their colors but this is the only one I can use.  We are just blessed with extremely sensitive skin!  

She has to wear the makeup the least amount of hours possible. But when she does wear makeup she could try this:

• remove the makeup throughfully each time.

• apply some pentanol creme at the areas where the allergy blushes up.
I hope it'll work. It works for me and I am allergic to mascara.

I'm a stay  home mom and I only wear very light eyemake when I go out. I clean my brushes very well and made sure all my makeup are stored in a drawer separate from other things. I also have this problem just on my left eye no matter what brand I use. The first hour of wearing it starts getting ithcy and teary. As soon as I get home I wipe it off with a warm facecloth and after a few  hours  I can see (like mosguito bites) arround my left eye start swelling already,it takes about a week or so before my eye will get back to normal again. I will keep reading all the suggestions from other people and thanks everyone for sharing.

Originally Posted by mom of 2girls /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm a stay  home mom and I only wear very light eyemake when I go out. I clean my brushes very well and made sure all my makeup are stored in a drawer separate from other things. I also have this problem just on my left eye no matter what brand I use. The first hour of wearing it starts getting ithcy and teary. As soon as I get home I wipe it off with a warm facecloth and after a few  hours  I can see (like mosguito bites) arround my left eye start swelling already,it takes about a week or so before my eye will get back to normal again. I will keep reading all the suggestions from other people and thanks everyone for sharing.
It could actually be a ton of things doing that. Obviously makeup products make have a particular ingredient bothering you. There are also things like brush fibers, primers, lotions, cleansers, or brush cleaners. The only way to figure out what it is would be to isolate each item and wear it for a few hours. I know that is super time consuming but frequently I think one thing is irritating my skin but it is really something else.

This comment: "I also have this problem just on my left eye no matter what brand I use. The first hour of wearing it starts getting ithcy and teary." leads me to believe it is something you put on no matter what. I would test out your cleaners, lotions, primers and setting sprays first. Try washing your brushes in regular baby shampoo as well. You may find by changing just one product your problems go away.

One other question, what kind of brushes do you use? Sometimes "natural" brushes come from animals that you are potentially allergic to.

I have the same issue with the left eye.  I'm also very sensitive to sun.  The left side of the face is closest to the window when you drive.  That causes my left side to react more.

100% agree with you.  I wore make up all the time.  I turned 40 and now I can ONLY use organic liner from Physicians Formula Organic Wear eyeliner.  I was able to use the mascara until a month or so ago.  (I am now 47.)  I now have to wear eyeglasses so I can get bold frames and wear minimal liner.

Back