Eyeliner on the Tear Duct?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my all these horror stories on something I always do when I create smokey eyes! I'm officially scared to do it.

ok sooo all im wondering is...is there a way to make my eyeliner NOT go in the corners of my eye? i dont put it over my tear ducts but it still gets all nasty in the corners. help!

Sometimes i make a line (with liquid) around that part of my tear duct, but I never put anything ON my tear duct. And I've done the liquid liner on the bottom waterline, but typically, I use pencil for that. If I want a thicker line on the bottom, I put pencil on the waterline and liquid just under my lashes.
smile.gif

I'm sure putting liner on the waterline is not exactly good for you either, though. lol

When you say "tear duct" I'm assuming that you mean the pink tissue on the innermost portion of your eye. Most people don't seem to know that that pink tissue doesn't actually secrete tears-- it's just connective tissue. There are two tubes that lie around that pink tissue under the skin, those tubes are what the tears in your eyes drain through into your nose. Your tears are actually secreted by a gland located up inside the crease of your eye. If you pull down your inner lower waterline you can see the hole where your tears drain through. Don't put liner over that hole! Many people do it but it's not a good idea because those ducts can get clogged; you don't want that to happen for obvious reasons.

http://www.daviddarling.info/images/lacrimal_gland.gif

I don't line anywhere near the tear duct and only rarely on the waterline too. I'm more likely to just use a light shade of shadow around the tear duct than any sort of liner on or near it. I hate those inner eye boogers too! lol

And am glad I gave up the contact lenses, because getting any sort of makeup on your lenses is painful and can make your vision blurry. I hated that too. I also seemed to be more prone to eye infections and styes when I wore contacts. I had the monthly ones and suspect that even after cleaning I still had makeup stuck on them and that probably caused the sensitivity and infections.

Sometimes I do. I actually wound up w/ a sty a couple mos ago from lining my waterline, and had to get it lanced. Very gross and preventable.

I don't typically line all the way to the tear duct, but I've seen many girls pull it off. I just hate getting those eye boogers and they're all black because of the eyeliner. lol

Back