Face and Neck Different Color!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same problem here. I was wondering the same thing myself. I just found the perfect match on MMU with Lumiere but then I realized my face is already lighter and pinker than the rest of me. What was the point of struggling so much to find a foundation that matched my face if it's gonna look like it doesn't match anyway lol. Nobody's gonna know that's the actual color of the skin under it, so I guess we should be better off matching to our necks... anyway just play with samples and check out which looks better.

many people do blend all the way down to the chest region if they have that problem but that can be costly and annoying. instead i say you use bronzer on your face and pick a foundation mayb in between the two colors

My face is darker than my neck what I do is use an in between color then I blend some on my neck so it all looks even.

I never thought of my neck and face color not matching. LOL I might have to check that out in a mirror!

Or you could wear a hat - ALL the time!:sleepyhead: Only kidding of course. I noticed the same with me too - my face is more pink than my neck naturally. It helps match better when I a wear a neutral foundation instead of one of the "cool" shades. However, I switch between the two styles because I don't always want to play down the pink tones in my face - it gives my skin a lift. I think that if you try to blend at the jawline so that the color gradually changes (if it has to), is the key in it looking more natural. As far as your ears not matching - why not try dusting some foundation or concealor on them to make it less noticeable?

BTW - now that I'm making a point to look, I'm noticing that most people's faces don't match their necks regardless of whether they're wearing makeup or not.

CooCoo:sheep:

Ahha! I've been trying so hard to find a match to my face. Makes sense to me to go between on colors. I never noticed people's faces not matching their necks...just if their foundation wasn't blended.

my neck is one shade lighter than my face, so i tend to match my face with my neck. though if you blend well the foundation on your jawline, i think the difference isn't that noticeable.

I agree with Thais. I self tan too and exfoliate every night so my face is paler. Sometimes I have to mix color to get that perfect shade.

I'm so glad I found this thread! My face has a fair amount of pink in it, but my neck is more yellow without the pink. My first make-up match was with Merle Norman (years and years ago) and the color I was given had a pinkish tint to it. Sooo, I've always tended toward pinky colors, but over time, I've begun opting for neutrals, which still doesn't match really well. When I've tried warm foundations, I feel like I look jaundiced. Anyway, I think I may try a warm foundation around my jaw line and a neutral on the center of my face, blending carefully (of course) where they meet. Or does anyone have a suggestion about how to perk up the middle of my face without resorting to such a technique?

^^^wow, and i thought i was the only one who had this problem. my face is a tad darker than the rest of my body too, and i noticed my neck area is a bit more yellowish than my face.ü i.e. monave saturnina matches my face but my neck is more of a hyeyeon. lols. so i just mix the shadesüü

Back