Fake or Not (MAC)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yikes, sorry to hear you bought fakes :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was almost tricked into the same thing...living in NYC, saw a stand with two guys selling all MAC makeup products. I reached out to my friend who works at MAC, and instantly she said NO THEY ARE FAKE DONT DO IT.

lol. Lesson learned! This is VERY illegal but wouldn't know how to go about reporting it... if anyone knows, post as I don't want to turn a blind eye. Selling fakes illegally is no good :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I know this is very late response, but one very easy way to tell if it is fake or not, is to check the back of the container. Authentic MAC products have writing written into the actual product! Its sticking up out of the back. Also, the names. Alot of the time, the names are off. As well as all this, MAC names are always on one line, not carried over onto another line. Just for future reference!! Sorry to hear about that! It happens alot. Do your research and be careful!!!

Mia xoxo

i bought a MAC lady gaga foundation for 15 my color is the number 4, i also bought the studio fix foundation for 10, could it be fake, bought at a flea market.

Originally Posted by hvnlyflwr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i bought a MAC lady gaga foundation for 15 my color is the number 4, i also bought the studio fix foundation for 10, could it be fake, bought at a flea market.
Lady Gaga foundation? It's fake, there wasn't a Lady Gaga foundation. Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 doesn't come in a 4. Whatever you bought are counterfeits and potentially dangerous for your skin. Use at your own risk.

The studio fix came in a compact container very similar from Macs website. But I agree for the lady GaGa. Thnxs, I will confront about the lady GaGa being fake I hate being cheated out of my money.

I meant the lady GaGa was the number 4

i bought a
signature.jpg
MAC lady gaga foundation for 15 my color is the number 4, i also bought the studio fix foundation for 10, could it be fake, bought at a flea market.
Thanks you so much for this.

I meant the lady GaGa was the number 4
That one looks legit but buying at Flea Markets you always take the chance that it's not. Some of the counterfeit sites are starting to put codes and legitimate info on their stickers so it can fool more people. When buying from a non-authorized site you take the risk it's counterfeit.

Some ways to determine if it's a legit M•A•C or not is if it has a # versus a name but that depends on the item. Foundations do contain numbers like NC42 but some do contain names such as the M•A•C Pro Airbrush foundations. For other M•A•C foundations if it doesn't start with C, N, NW or NC then it's a fake. Also if it doesn't correspond to the website and you can't find it on Temptalia it's a fake.

Almost ALL M•A•C products contain a code, the exceptions of course are tools and accessories,  that code can be used to check if it's expired or not. Taking the code off your pic - A72 I used Check Cosmetic and see it was made in April 2012 and has approximately 29 more months before it expires. 

Edit: As I said above, it looks legit however if this is the front of that compact then it's fake since the top should correspond to the bottom and say Studio Fix not Studio Perfect SPF 15 Foundation.

This image, found online, shows what the top should look like. I don't own this product so I can't confirm that at this time.

Studio Fix

Hey! 

I know this is really late, First off I am sorry you were Con'd out of your money for products that are potentially unsafe for your skin and eyes. I am a makeup artist and have worked as an assistant on movie sets and even had a brief stint as a entertainer myself (AKA Drag). When you are in the entertainment industry things are given to you by all companies and random people, wanting you to use them in your collection on celebrities or for high profile events. There is a place locally and CA seems to have several where these fakes are being allowed to be retailed for profit.  The State and city councils both know they are in operation and even the US Government continues to allow the import of the harmful and very fake products to enter the country. One Problem is that our customs officers clearly are not as knowledgable about M.A.C. or other name brand cosmetics. And the importers have made these products look so real right down to the packaging, it takes a trained eye to really spot it sometimes. A lot of times its not until your actually using the product and then you can either see the visible  difference or feel the graininess of the product. I myself have been in this situation when I first started out... fresh out of school, We used M.A.C. but I was loyal to Lancome, NARS and for those of you who remember TOMMY HILFIGER ( not sure if they are still around?) had a very decent and highly pigmented line which was cheaper for us newbies. I had so much of these products that were fake because I, like most was trying to save $$ and got screwed. My first big break was working in NYC as an assistant to a very well known makeup artist for NY fashion week in 2004. She had 2-3 shows to do and trusted me with my own little box of makeup to manage one of the less high profile shows. gearing up for what I thought was going to be my shinning moment. Disaster struck! not one but two of the models who's faces i had painted with the products I had, their faces broke out and became red and irritated. The other assistants had used the same name brand products I had, but because mine were "Fake" and I had no clue! I scrambled to find concealer to try and fix the issue and it seemed to make it worse. The show went on and no one but me and the team as well as the poor models knew what happened. But thanks to a pack of silence the news never got back to the boss or the client. The next day with the money i had made from that show, I threw all of my stuff away including brushes. Walked in to a M.A.C store and re purchased almost everything new. Trying to save a few $$ could have cost me my career, reputation and integrity. As well as the guilt I had that I could have damaged the models skin and ruined their career as well was too much! PLEASE, PLEASE!!! if it sounds to good to be true "IT IS!" Know your product lines and the collections as well. do some research and if you have questions, call the company itself they will be more than happy to verify its validity. Sorry this was so long I just wanted to share the horrible experience I had and hope my story could help someone on the fence of purchasing "Wholesale" or "Discounted" Cosmedics.

Back